|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(b) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(c) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(d) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
2. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
3. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) All members of government.
(c) A select few members of society.
(d) A select few members of government.
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief or action.
(b) Action, but not belief.
(c) Belief, but not action.
(d) Belief, action, or money.
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three weeks.
(b) Four or five weeks.
(c) Two or three months.
(d) Four or five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
2. What grows along with a society?
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)