|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its political status.
(b) Because of unity.
(c) Because of its economic status.
(d) Because of great numbers.
2. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(b) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(c) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(d) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
3. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(b) How and why kings became prominent.
(c) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(d) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
4. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) America had become more prosperous than England.
(b) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(c) England forced the hand of America.
(d) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
5. What does government promote?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grows along with a society?
2. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
5. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)