|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for fewer regulations.
(b) A need for more taxation.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for less taxation.
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, but not action.
(b) Belief or action.
(c) Belief, action, or money.
(d) Action, but not belief.
3. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) East versus West.
(c) North versus South.
(d) Right versus wrong.
4. What does society promote?
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three weeks.
(b) Two or three months.
(c) Four or five weeks.
(d) Four or five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
3. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
4. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
5. How does Paine describe society?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)