|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does society promote?
2. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The role of leader.
(b) The benefits of being a leader.
(c) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(d) The drawbacks of being a leader.
3. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next twenty years.
(b) The next five years.
(c) The next ten years.
(d) The next fifteen years.
4. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a good example.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a perfect model.
(d) As a blessing.
5. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) A select few members of society.
(b) All members of government.
(c) A select few members of government.
(d) All members of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
3. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
4. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
5. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)