|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next five years.
(b) The next ten years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next fifteen years.
2. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) A necessary problem.
(c) An unnecessary problem.
(d) An unnecessary evil.
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as other countries.
(c) The same goals as half of the body.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
4. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(b) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(c) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(d) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
5. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(b) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(c) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
2. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
4. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
5. What does society promote?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)