|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age fifteen.
(b) At age twenty.
(c) At any age.
(d) At age ten.
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, action, or money.
(b) Action, but not belief.
(c) Belief or action.
(d) Belief, but not action.
3. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(c) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
4. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king elected.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king only serve for five years.
(d) Having each king only serve two terms.
5. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) A select few members of government.
(c) All members of government.
(d) A select few members of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
2. What grows along with a society?
3. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)