|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next fifteen years.
(b) The next ten years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next five years.
2. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) A select few members of society.
(b) A select few members of government.
(c) All members of government.
(d) All members of society.
3. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(b) Civil war and poverty.
(c) Civil war, but not poverty.
(d) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
4. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of great numbers.
(b) Because of its political status.
(c) Because of unity.
(d) Because of its economic status.
5. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) East versus West.
(b) Positivism versus negativism.
(c) North versus South.
(d) Right versus wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where was English rule founded?
2. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
3. What grows along with a society?
4. What does society promote?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)