|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age twenty.
(b) At any age.
(c) At age fifteen.
(d) At age ten.
2. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) As long as the government reigns.
(b) Only for the first generation.
(c) Only up until the third generation.
(d) Only up until the second generation.
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of unity.
(b) Because of its political status.
(c) Because of its economic status.
(d) Because of great numbers.
4. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) A self-sufficient government.
(b) An absence of government.
(c) Partial governments.
(d) Absolute governments.
5. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) East versus West.
(b) Positivism versus negativism.
(c) Right versus wrong.
(d) North versus South.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
2. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)