|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) A self-sufficient government.
(b) Absolute governments.
(c) An absence of government.
(d) Partial governments.
2. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A lack of war.
(b) A lack of commerce.
(c) A need for war.
(d) A need for commerce.
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With two co-writers.
(b) With a ghost writer.
(c) With a co-writer.
4. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) A necessary problem.
(b) An unnecessary evil.
(c) An unnecessary problem.
(d) A necessary evil.
5. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(c) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
2. What did Gideon deny?
3. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
4. What does a strong government assure against?
5. What does society promote?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)