|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king elected.
(c) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(d) Having each king only serve for five years.
2. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its political status.
(b) Because of its economic status.
(c) Because of great numbers.
(d) Because of unity.
3. What does government promote?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(b) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(c) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
5. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(b) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(c) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(d) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
2. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
4. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)