|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Partial governments.
(b) Absolute governments.
(c) An absence of government.
(d) A self-sufficient government.
2. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
3. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(b) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(c) How and why kings became prominent.
(d) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief or action.
(b) Belief, action, or money.
(c) Belief, but not action.
(d) Action, but not belief.
5. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(b) Having each king elected.
(c) Having each king only serve for five years.
(d) Having each king only serve two terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)