|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next fifteen years.
(b) The next ten years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next five years.
2. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(b) With a co-writer.
(c) With two co-writers.
(d) With a ghost writer.
3. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(b) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(c) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(d) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A lack of war.
(b) A need for war.
(c) A need for commerce.
(d) A lack of commerce.
5. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king elected.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king only serve for five years.
(d) Having each king only serve two terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does government promote?
2. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
3. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)