|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does society promote?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next ten years.
(b) The next five years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next twenty years.
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for half of the country.
(b) They are popular for all of the country.
(c) They may not be popular.
(d) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
4. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(c) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(d) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
5. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(c) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
2. What does government promote?
3. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
4. How does Paine describe society?
5. What does Paine consider the government to be?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)