|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as other countries.
(b) The same goals as the body.
(c) The same goals as half of the body.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
2. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How and why kings became prominent.
(b) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(c) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(d) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
3. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(b) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(c) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(d) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
4. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Four or five months.
(b) Four or five weeks.
(c) Two or three weeks.
(d) Two or three months.
5. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of its political status.
(c) Because of unity.
(d) Because of great numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
2. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
3. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
4. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
5. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)