|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(b) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(c) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(d) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
2. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as half of the body.
3. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next twenty years.
(b) The next five years.
(c) The next ten years.
(d) The next fifteen years.
4. What does government promote?
5. What does society promote?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
2. What did Gideon deny?
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
5. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)