|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for less taxation.
(b) A need for more taxation.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for fewer regulations.
2. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three weeks.
(b) Two or three months.
(c) Four or five weeks.
(d) Four or five months.
3. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A lack of war.
(b) A lack of commerce.
(c) A need for commerce.
(d) A need for war.
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(d) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
5. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(b) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(c) Out of both reason and national pride.
(d) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
2. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
3. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
4. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)