|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) An unnecessary evil.
(b) A necessary problem.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) An unnecessary problem.
2. What does society promote?
3. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age twenty.
(b) At age fifteen.
(c) At any age.
(d) At age ten.
4. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next fifteen years.
(b) The next five years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next ten years.
5. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(b) America had become more prosperous than England.
(c) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(d) England forced the hand of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
2. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
3. What did Gideon deny?
4. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
5. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)