|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, but not action.
(b) Action, but not belief.
(c) Belief or action.
(d) Belief, action, or money.
2. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more regulations.
(b) A need for less taxation.
(c) A need for more taxation.
(d) A need for fewer regulations.
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) A self-sufficient government.
(b) An absence of government.
(c) Absolute governments.
(d) Partial governments.
4. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(b) Civil war and poverty.
(c) Civil war, but not poverty.
(d) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
5. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The role of leader.
(b) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(c) The benefits of being a leader.
(d) The drawbacks of being a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
2. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)