|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At any age.
(b) At age twenty.
(c) At age fifteen.
(d) At age ten.
2. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) All members of government.
(c) A select few members of government.
(d) A select few members of society.
3. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(b) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(c) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(d) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
4. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more regulations.
(b) A need for fewer regulations.
(c) A need for more taxation.
(d) A need for less taxation.
5. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(b) Civil war and poverty.
(c) Civil war, but not poverty.
(d) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
2. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
4. What did Gideon deny?
5. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)