|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) An unnecessary problem.
(c) An unnecessary evil.
(d) A necessary problem.
2. What does society promote?
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
(a) Partial governments.
(b) Absolute governments.
(c) An absence of government.
(d) A self-sufficient government.
4. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as other countries.
(c) The same goals as half of the body.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
5. From where was English rule founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
3. What does a strong government assure against?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)