Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agragarian Justice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does a person that owns property owe ground rent to?
(a) Those who can afford to purchase the land for more than it is worth.
(b) Those who cannot afford land of their own.
(c) The government.
(d) The rest of society.
2. According to Paine, which Greek mythological figure did the Virgin Mary replace in Christianity?
(b) Artemis of Ephesus.
(d) Diana of Ephesus.
3. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for half of the country.
(b) They may not be popular.
(c) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(d) They are popular for all of the country.
5. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
(a) Society will not fail without government.
(b) Most societies need government.
(c) Only certain societies need government.
(d) Society will fail without government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war does Paine believe might have been the inspiration for a Christian tale about the Almighty?
2. When did the English Revolution take place?
3. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
4. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)