|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of government.
(c) An understanding of liberty.
(d) An understanding of economics.
2. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
(a) To increase jobs through war.
(b) To prove their place in the world.
(c) To increase trade agreements.
(d) To provide a reason for its high taxes.
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Only honor.
(c) Power, honor, and authority.
(d) Only power.
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
(b) With a ghost writer.
(c) With two co-writers.
(d) With a co-writer.
5. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend and an enemy.
(b) An enemy and countryman.
(c) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(d) A friend and countryman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
3. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)