|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
2. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(b) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(c) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(d) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
3. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How and why kings became prominent.
(b) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(c) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(d) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
(a) With a co-writer.
(b) With two co-writers.
(d) With a ghost writer.
5. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
2. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
3. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
4. What did Gideon deny?
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)