Quiz: Rights of Man, Part I
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
a) Their inability to understand the laws.
b) Their objection to the laws.
c) Their inability to change the laws.
d) Their acceptance of the laws.
2. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
a) A naive attempt.
b) A deceptive practice.
c) A hypocrisy.
d) A fallacy.
3. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
4. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
a) James Mackintosh.
b) Richard Price.
c) Daniel Conway.
d) Joseph Priestley.
5. According to Paine, what...
This section contains 271 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)