|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The heat of summer.
(d) The harshness of winter.
2. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
(a) How difficult the English laws are to change.
(b) How easy the English laws are to change.
(c) How archaic the English laws are.
(d) How complicated the English laws are.
3. From where was English rule founded?
4. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend and countryman.
(b) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(c) An enemy and countryman.
(d) A friend and an enemy.
5. How should people self-impose laws in order to exist harmoniously in the absence of government?
(a) Only on a professional level.
(b) There can be no laws without government.
(c) On a personal and professional level.
(d) Only on a personal level.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
2. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
3. What does Paine find interesting about the Immaculate Conception?
4. What did Gideon deny?
5. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)