|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the president of the United States required to be in order to presumably prevent inexperienced people from having the position?
(a) Forty years of age.
(b) Thirty years of age.
(c) Twenty-five years of age.
(d) Thirty-five years of age.
2. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
(a) Their inability to understand the laws.
(b) Their inability to change the laws.
(c) Their objection to the laws.
(d) Their acceptance of the laws.
3. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
4. What should the main purpose of a Constitution be?
(a) To provide for people who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(b) To provide for other countries who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(c) To create and maintain the happiness of its government.
(d) To create and maintain the happiness of its citizens.
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of government.
(c) An understanding of economics.
(d) An understanding of liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people witnessed and documented the Resurrection?
2. From where was English rule founded?
3. What does government promote?
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
5. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)