|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(b) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(c) Out of both reason and national pride.
(d) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
2. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Giving medicine to the dead.
(b) Talking to the dead.
(c) Talking to a wall.
(d) Reasoning with a wall.
3. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next fifteen years.
(b) The next twenty years.
(c) The next ten years.
(d) The next five years.
4. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) The weakness of the British rule.
(b) The strength of the American soldiers.
(c) America's political views.
(d) America's sacrifice for independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine compare to the limited freedom of people by the government?
2. What does a strong government assure against?
3. What did Gideon deny?
4. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
5. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)