|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) The strength of the American soldiers.
(b) America's political views.
(c) The weakness of the British rule.
(d) America's sacrifice for independence.
2. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) Government should be controlled by the people.
(b) People should only control some forms of government.
(c) People should be controlled by government.
(d) Government should only control some people.
3. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(b) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(c) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(d) They fought for an ideal and property.
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) A select few members of government.
(b) A select few members of society.
(c) All members of society.
(d) All members of government.
5. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months earlier.
(b) Eight days earlier.
(c) Eight days later.
(d) Eight months later.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, which Greek mythological figure did the Virgin Mary replace in Christianity?
2. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
3. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
4. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
5. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)