|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Christians.
(d) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
2. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) France's decreased status in the world.
(b) A false sense of security for the nations.
(c) England's decreased status in the world.
(d) Animosity between the nations.
3. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
(a) A resourceful monarch.
(b) A mild monarch.
(c) A beaten monarch.
(d) A fearful monarch.
4. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
5. How should people self-impose laws in order to exist harmoniously in the absence of government?
(a) Only on a personal level.
(b) There can be no laws without government.
(c) Only on a professional level.
(d) On a personal and professional level.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does government promote?
2. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
3. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
4. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
5. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)