|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(b) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(c) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(d) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
2. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) Richard Price.
(b) Joseph Priestley.
(c) James Mackintosh.
(d) Daniel Conway.
3. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) An enemy and countryman.
(b) A friend and countryman.
(c) A friend and an enemy.
(d) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
4. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(b) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(c) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(d) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
5. If the American Revolution had been fought only to separate America from England, how much attention does Paine think it would have received?
(a) The attention of the world.
(b) No attention.
(c) A considerable amount of attention.
(d) Very little attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
2. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
4. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)