|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
(b) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
(c) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
(d) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
2. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
(a) The fourteenth century.
(b) The seventeenth century.
(c) The sixteenth century.
(d) The fifteenth century.
3. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) Only the revolution.
(b) Only his dedication to independence.
(c) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
(d) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(b) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(c) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as half of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
2. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
3. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
4. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
5. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)