|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
2. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(b) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(c) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(d) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
3. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) Right versus wrong.
(c) North versus South.
(d) East versus West.
4. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(b) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(c) They fought for an ideal and property.
(d) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
5. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
(a) The English government does not support it.
(b) Almost all of the English government supports it.
(c) Half of the English government supports it.
(d) The English government supports it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which countries have left room in their Constitution for revision if necessary in the future?
2. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
3. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
4. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
5. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)