|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
(b) He did it for financial reasons.
(c) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
(d) He did it to receive notoriety.
2. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
(a) He did not have the time.
(b) He did not know about many of the responses written.
(c) He did not have the resources.
(d) He did not think any of them could rival his own work.
3. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to procure happiness.
(b) The right to practice religion.
(c) The right to stand up for a cause.
(d) The right to be provided for.
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A hypocrisy.
(b) A deceptive practice.
(c) A fallacy.
(d) A naive attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
2. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
3. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
4. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
5. How should people self-impose laws in order to exist harmoniously in the absence of government?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)