|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hurt the most when a government tries to prohibit its people from reading a work the government disapproves of?
(a) The publisher.
(b) The people.
(c) The government.
(d) The author.
2. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
3. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
(b) He received a small financial reward.
(c) He received no financial reward.
(d) He received a large financial reward.
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief or action.
(b) Belief, but not action.
(c) Action, but not belief.
(d) Belief, action, or money.
5. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
(a) A few great lives were lived.
(b) Many moral standards improved.
(c) Many great lives were lived.
(d) A few moral standards improved.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
2. On which concept was the old Whig party based?
3. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
4. What does society promote?
5. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)