|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
2. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) Only England and France.
(b) Only America and England.
(c) America, England, and France.
(d) Only America and France.
3. To what does Paine compare kings?
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. What does society promote?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
2. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. What does a strong government assure against?
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)