|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
(a) The last two.
(b) The last three.
(c) The first three.
(d) The first two.
2. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The heat of summer.
(b) The element of surprise.
(c) The harshness of winter.
(d) The use of inside information.
3. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Hudson.
(b) The Delaware.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Missouri.
4. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The September Decrees.
(b) The December Decrees.
(c) The November Decrees.
(d) The August Decrees.
5. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
2. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
3. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
4. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
5. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)