|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The last three.
(b) The first four.
(c) The last four.
(d) The first three.
2. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Talking to a wall.
(b) Giving medicine to the dead.
(c) Talking to the dead.
(d) Reasoning with a wall.
3. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
4. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(a) Only three times.
(c) Only once.
(d) Only twice.
5. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
(a) Darkness attempting to deny light.
(b) Darkness attempting to illuminate light.
(c) Darkness attempting to conceal light.
(d) Darkness attempting to destroy light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does society promote?
2. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
3. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
4. What does a strong government assure against?
5. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)