|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
(b) He does not subscribe to a church.
(d) In his mind.
2. When did the English Revolution take place?
3. What does Paine find interesting about the Immaculate Conception?
(a) Its meaning has changed with time.
(b) Its meaning has not changed with time.
(c) It can be disproven.
(d) It cannot be disproven.
4. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) He received no financial reward.
(b) He received a small financial reward.
(c) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
(d) He received a large financial reward.
5. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
(a) People have the right not to believe something they have not witnessed.
(b) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by credible witnesses.
(c) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by witnesses.
(d) People do not have the right to doubt something they have not witnessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
2. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
3. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
4. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
5. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)