|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief or action.
(b) Belief, action, or money.
(c) Action, but not belief.
(d) Belief, but not action.
2. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
(a) Thoughts on the Present Discontents.
(b) Further Reflections on the French Revolution.
(c) Appeal from the New to the Old Whigs.
(d) A Vindication of Natural Society.
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power, honor, and authority.
(b) Only power.
(c) Power and honor.
(d) Only honor.
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A lack of commerce.
(b) A need for commerce.
(c) A lack of war.
(d) A need for war.
5. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) An empty soul.
(b) A cold soul.
(c) A warm soul.
(d) A full soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
2. What does a strong government assure against?
3. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
4. According to Paine, what should each man strive for?
5. Who is hurt the most when a government tries to prohibit its people from reading a work the government disapproves of?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)