|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George Washington.
(d) John Adams.
2. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As a blessing.
(c) As a perfect model.
(d) As a good example.
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. If the American Revolution had been fought only to separate America from England, how much attention does Paine think it would have received?
(a) A considerable amount of attention.
(b) Very little attention.
(c) The attention of the world.
(d) No attention.
5. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal and property.
(b) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(c) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(d) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term canonization refer to?
2. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
3. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
4. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
5. How many people witnessed and documented the Resurrection?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)