|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The last four.
(b) The last three.
(c) The first three.
(d) The first four.
2. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
(b) Only the revolution.
(c) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(d) Only his dedication to independence.
3. What does government promote?
4. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The incorrect order of pages.
(b) The translation.
(c) The small print.
(d) The colors used.
5. What does Paine find interesting about the Immaculate Conception?
(a) Its meaning has changed with time.
(b) It cannot be disproven.
(c) Its meaning has not changed with time.
(d) It can be disproven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
2. What ancient philosopher does Paine mention in Age of Reason?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
4. How does Paine think that Christians are taught about the tales they learn?
5. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)