|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) England's decreased status in the world.
(b) A false sense of security for the nations.
(c) Animosity between the nations.
(d) France's decreased status in the world.
2. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
(a) He does not have disdain for them.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He does have disdain for them.
(d) He has pity for them.
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of great numbers.
(c) Because of its political status.
(d) Because of unity.
4. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
(a) The Republican Party.
(c) The Whig Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
5. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Britain.
(b) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
(c) They involve Greece and Rome.
(d) They involve France and Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
2. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. What is the Rights of Man considered?
5. How many years does Paine think the aristocracy or monarchy will last after the writing of his pamphlet?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)