|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king elected.
(d) Having each king only serve for five years.
2. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
(a) Half of the English government supports it.
(b) The English government supports it.
(c) Almost all of the English government supports it.
(d) The English government does not support it.
3. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(a) Only three times.
(c) Only twice.
(d) Only once.
4. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
5. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
3. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
4. How old is the president of the United States required to be in order to presumably prevent inexperienced people from having the position?
5. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)