|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
(a) Five hundred and thirty four.
(b) Four hundred and sixty five.
(c) Three hundred and fifty six.
(d) Six hundred and forty three.
2. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of unity.
(c) Because of great numbers.
(d) Because of its political status.
3. When did the English Revolution take place?
4. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
(a) The Whig Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
5. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(b) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(c) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where was English rule founded?
2. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
3. What does the term canonization refer to?
4. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
5. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)