|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Talking to the dead.
(b) Talking to a wall.
(c) Reasoning with a wall.
(d) Giving medicine to the dead.
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next ten years.
(b) The next five years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next twenty years.
3. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for fewer regulations.
(b) A need for more taxation.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for less taxation.
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, action, or money.
(b) Belief, but not action.
(c) Action, but not belief.
(d) Belief or action.
5. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(b) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(c) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(d) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
3. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
4. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)