|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where was English rule founded?
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve for five years.
(b) Having each king only serve two terms.
(c) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(d) Having each king elected.
3. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) North versus South.
(b) East versus West.
(c) Right versus wrong.
(d) Positivism versus negativism.
4. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for less taxation.
(b) A need for fewer regulations.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for more taxation.
5. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(b) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
(c) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(d) These are the times that try men's souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
2. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
3. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
4. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
5. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)