|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The heat of summer.
(c) The use of inside information.
(d) The harshness of winter.
2. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal and property.
(b) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(c) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(d) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(b) They may not be popular.
(c) They are popular for all of the country.
(d) They are popular for half of the country.
4. From where was English rule founded?
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) The weakness of the British rule.
(b) America's political views.
(c) The strength of the American soldiers.
(d) America's sacrifice for independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
2. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
3. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
5. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)