|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king only serve for five years.
(d) Having each king elected.
2. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
(a) They are too weak.
(b) They are too jealous.
(c) They are too powerful.
(d) They are not economically sound.
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(b) The same goals as the body.
(c) The same goals as half of the body.
(d) The same goals as other countries.
4. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more regulations.
(b) A need for less taxation.
(c) A need for fewer regulations.
(d) A need for more taxation.
5. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve France and Spain.
(b) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
(c) They involve Britain.
(d) They involve Greece and Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
4. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
5. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)