|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) A select few members of society.
(c) A select few members of government.
(d) All members of government.
2. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their fear.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their recklessness.
(d) Their reputation.
3. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a perfect model.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a good example.
(d) As a blessing.
4. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(b) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(c) The benefits of being a leader.
(d) The role of leader.
5. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Greece and Rome.
(b) They involve France and Spain.
(c) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
(d) They involve Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
2. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
3. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
4. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)