|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) Only his dedication to independence.
(b) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(c) Only the revolution.
(d) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
2. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age fifteen.
(b) At age twenty.
(c) At any age.
(d) At age ten.
3. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
(b) They involve Britain.
(c) They involve France and Spain.
(d) They involve Greece and Rome.
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(b) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
(c) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(d) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a strong government assure against?
2. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
3. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
4. From where was English rule founded?
5. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)