|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal and property.
(b) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(c) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(d) They fought for property, not an ideal.
2. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With two co-writers.
(b) With a co-writer.
(d) With a ghost writer.
4. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Hudson.
(c) The Missouri.
(d) The Delaware.
5. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(b) A friend and an enemy.
(c) A friend and countryman.
(d) An enemy and countryman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
3. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
4. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
5. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)