|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
(b) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(c) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(d) These are the times that try men's souls.
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for all of the country.
(b) They may not be popular.
(c) They are popular for half of the country.
(d) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
3. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his mind and economic resources.
(b) For his character and mind.
(c) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(d) For his economic resources.
4. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as half of the body.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
2. What did Gideon deny?
3. What does Paine consider the government to be?
4. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
5. How does Paine describe society?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)