|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(b) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(c) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
(d) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
2. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Only honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only power.
(d) Power and honor.
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(b) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(c) The best defense is a good offense.
(d) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
4. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(b) Those who pretend to be Christians.
(c) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
5. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(b) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(c) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
2. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
4. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)