|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
(a) He does believe in miracles.
(b) He is not superstitious.
(c) He does not believe in miracles.
(d) He is superstitious.
2. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(c) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(d) Because the king is too far away from the people.
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as half of the body.
(b) The same goals as the body.
(c) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(d) The same goals as other countries.
4. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
(a) Quiet and inoffensive.
(b) Inoffensive but loud.
(c) Quiet but offensive.
(d) Offensive and loud.
5. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve for five years.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king elected.
(d) Having each king only serve two terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
2. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)