|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Hudson.
(b) The Missouri.
(c) The Delaware.
(d) The Mississippi.
2. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
(a) Only the revolution.
(b) Only his dedication to independence.
(c) The revolution, his dedication to independence, and the will of the American people.
(d) The revolution and his dedication to independence.
3. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, but not action.
(b) Belief, action, or money.
(c) Belief or action.
(d) Action, but not belief.
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for all of the country.
(b) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(c) They are popular for half of the country.
(d) They may not be popular.
5. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
2. What did Gideon deny?
3. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
4. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
5. What grows along with a society?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)