|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Delaware.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Hudson.
(d) The Missouri.
2. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of both reason and national pride.
(b) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(c) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
(d) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
3. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
(d) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
4. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
5. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their ignorance.
(b) Their fear.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) Their recklessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
2. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
3. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
5. What did Gideon deny?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)