|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
2. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(b) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(c) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
5. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines only the religion involved.
(b) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(c) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(d) It undermines all religions.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
2. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
3. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
4. What does government promote?
5. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)