|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a blessing.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a good example.
(d) As a perfect model.
2. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With a co-writer.
(c) With two co-writers.
(d) With a ghost writer.
3. From where was English rule founded?
4. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) A necessary problem.
(b) An unnecessary evil.
(c) An unnecessary problem.
(d) A necessary evil.
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Four or five weeks.
(b) Four or five months.
(c) Two or three months.
(d) Two or three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
2. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
3. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
4. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
5. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)