|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(b) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
(c) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(d) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
2. What does government promote?
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of unity.
(c) Because of its political status.
(d) Because of great numbers.
4. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his mind and economic resources.
(b) For his character and mind.
(c) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(d) For his economic resources.
5. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(b) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(c) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
3. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
4. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
5. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)