|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does government promote?
2. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) America had become more prosperous than England.
(b) England forced the hand of America.
(c) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(d) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With a co-writer.
(b) With two co-writers.
(c) With a ghost writer.
4. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a blessing.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a good example.
(d) As a perfect model.
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Two or three weeks.
(b) Two or three months.
(c) Four or five weeks.
(d) Four or five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grows along with a society?
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
5. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)