|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
(b) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(c) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(d) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
2. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more taxation.
(b) A need for less taxation.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for fewer regulations.
3. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Delaware.
(b) The Hudson.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Missouri.
4. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A full soul.
(b) A cold soul.
(c) A warm soul.
(d) An empty soul.
5. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
2. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
3. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
4. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
5. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)