|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As a perfect model.
(c) As a blessing.
(d) As a good example.
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(b) They are popular for half of the country.
(c) They may not be popular.
(d) They are popular for all of the country.
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Only power.
(c) Power, honor, and authority.
(d) Only honor.
4. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king only serve for five years.
(d) Having each king elected.
5. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, but not action.
(b) Action, but not belief.
(c) Belief or action.
(d) Belief, action, or money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
2. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
3. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
4. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
5. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)