|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(b) The benefits of being a leader.
(c) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(d) The role of leader.
2. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The harshness of winter.
(b) The heat of summer.
(c) The use of inside information.
(d) The element of surprise.
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Reasoning with a wall.
(b) Talking to the dead.
(c) Giving medicine to the dead.
(d) Talking to a wall.
5. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
2. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
5. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)