|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The harshness of winter.
(b) The element of surprise.
(c) The heat of summer.
(d) The use of inside information.
2. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for fewer regulations.
(b) A need for less taxation.
(c) A need for more taxation.
(d) A need for more regulations.
3. What does society promote?
4. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Christians.
(c) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
5. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
(a) The next twenty years.
(b) The next ten years.
(c) The next fifteen years.
(d) The next five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
2. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
5. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)