|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their ignorance.
(b) Their fear.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) Their recklessness.
2. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Missouri.
(c) The Hudson.
(d) The Delaware.
3. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
4. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
(a) They fought for an ideal, not property.
(b) They fought neither for an ideal nor property.
(c) They fought for property, not an ideal.
(d) They fought for an ideal and property.
5. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe tyranny?
2. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
3. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
4. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
5. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)