|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of unity.
(c) Because of its political status.
(d) Because of great numbers.
2. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
3. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) England forced the hand of America.
(b) America had become more prosperous than England.
(c) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
(d) Other countries forced the hand of America.
4. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(b) A friend and countryman.
(c) A friend and an enemy.
(d) An enemy and countryman.
5. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
(a) Four or five weeks.
(b) Four or five months.
(c) Two or three weeks.
(d) Two or three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
2. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
3. What does a strong government assure against?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)