|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Missouri.
(c) The Delaware.
(d) The Hudson.
2. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(b) A friend and an enemy.
(c) An enemy and countryman.
(d) A friend and countryman.
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as half of the body.
(c) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(d) The same goals as other countries.
4. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(b) Civil war and poverty.
(c) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(d) Civil war, but not poverty.
5. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) All members of society.
(b) A select few members of society.
(c) A select few members of government.
(d) All members of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
2. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
3. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
4. From where was English rule founded?
5. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)