|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
(a) Because the king is not far enough away from the people.
(b) Because the king is too far away from the people.
(c) Because the king has stopped listening to the people.
(d) Because the king has stopped talking to the people.
2. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more taxation.
(b) A need for fewer regulations.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for less taxation.
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. What does Paine consider the government to be?
(a) An unnecessary evil.
(b) A necessary problem.
(c) An unnecessary problem.
(d) A necessary evil.
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(b) The same goals as half of the body.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
2. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
3. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
4. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
5. What does government promote?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)