|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines only the religion involved.
(b) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
(c) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(d) It undermines all religions.
2. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for fewer regulations.
(b) A need for more taxation.
(c) A need for more regulations.
(d) A need for less taxation.
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Only honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only power.
(d) Power and honor.
4. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
(a) Belief, action, or money.
(b) Belief, but not action.
(c) Action, but not belief.
(d) Belief or action.
5. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A lack of commerce.
(b) A need for commerce.
(c) A need for war.
(d) A lack of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
3. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
5. What did Gideon deny?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)