|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(a) With a co-writer.
(c) With a ghost writer.
(d) With two co-writers.
3. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
4. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a good example.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a perfect model.
(d) As a blessing.
5. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(b) Civil war and poverty.
(c) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
(d) Civil war, but not poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
2. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
3. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
4. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)