Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war does Paine believe might have been the inspiration for a Christian tale about the Almighty?
(a) The Giants against Mercury.
(b) The Giants against Jupiter.
(c) The Giants against Neptune.
(d) The Giants against Saturn.
2. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) People should be controlled by government.
(b) Government should only control some people.
(c) Government should be controlled by the people.
(d) People should only control some forms of government.
3. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
(a) He did not have the time.
(b) He did not have the resources.
(c) He did not think any of them could rival his own work.
(d) He did not know about many of the responses written.
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for all of the country.
(b) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(c) They are popular for half of the country.
(d) They may not be popular.
5. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) John Adams.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
2. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
3. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
4. On which concept is the new Whig party based?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)