|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(b) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(c) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(d) The best defense is a good offense.
2. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines only the religion involved.
(b) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(c) It undermines all religions.
(d) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
3. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his economic resources.
(b) For his mind and economic resources.
(c) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(d) For his character and mind.
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
(b) With two co-writers.
(c) With a co-writer.
(d) With a ghost writer.
5. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months earlier.
(b) Eight days earlier.
(c) Eight months later.
(d) Eight days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men in the American army fight Howe?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
5. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)