|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) People should be controlled by government.
(b) Government should be controlled by the people.
(c) Government should only control some people.
(d) People should only control some forms of government.
2. What part of the American Revolution received the most attention, according to Paine?
(a) The sacrifices made by the American soldiers.
(b) The formation of a new government in America.
(c) The separation of America from England.
(d) The sacrifices made by the American people.
3. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
4. How many of the pamphlets printed in response to the Rights of Man does Paine consider worth remembering?
5. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(b) A friend and an enemy.
(c) An enemy and countryman.
(d) A friend and countryman.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
2. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
3. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
4. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
5. How many books did Burke publish after the Rights of Man was released?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)