|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should the main purpose of a Constitution be?
(a) To provide for people who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(b) To provide for other countries who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(c) To create and maintain the happiness of its government.
(d) To create and maintain the happiness of its citizens.
2. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The first three.
(b) The last four.
(c) The first four.
(d) The last three.
4. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) An empty soul.
(b) A cold soul.
(c) A warm soul.
(d) A full soul.
5. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) As long as the government reigns.
(b) Only up until the third generation.
(c) Only up until the second generation.
(d) Only for the first generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
3. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
4. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)