|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should people self-impose laws in order to exist harmoniously in the absence of government?
(a) Only on a personal level.
(b) On a personal and professional level.
(c) Only on a professional level.
(d) There can be no laws without government.
2. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Britain.
(b) They involve Greece and Rome.
(c) They involve France and Spain.
(d) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
3. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
(a) Out of reason, rather than national pride.
(b) Out of both reason and national pride.
(c) Out of national pride, rather than reason.
(d) Out of neither reason nor national pride.
4. When did the English Revolution take place?
5. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) He received a large financial reward.
(b) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
(c) He received no financial reward.
(d) He received a small financial reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
2. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
3. How many books did Burke publish after the Rights of Man was released?
4. How does Paine describe society?
5. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)