|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) America, England, and France.
(b) Only America and France.
(c) Only England and France.
(d) Only America and England.
2. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Britain.
(b) They involve Greece and Rome.
(c) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
(d) They involve France and Spain.
3. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
4. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a good example.
(b) As a perfect model.
(c) As a gift.
(d) As a blessing.
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
2. What is the Rights of Man considered?
3. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
4. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
5. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)