|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(b) The benefits of being a leader.
(c) The role of leader.
(d) The drawbacks of being a leader.
2. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They may not be popular.
(b) They are popular for all of the country.
(c) They are popular for half of the country.
(d) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
3. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(b) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
(d) Only the first half of their lives.
4. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
(b) He did it to receive notoriety.
(c) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
(d) He did it for financial reasons.
5. What is the Rights of Man considered?
(a) A speech.
(b) A treatise.
(c) A novel.
(d) An essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does society promote?
2. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
3. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
4. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)