|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the pamphlets printed in response to the Rights of Man does Paine consider worth remembering?
2. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
(b) New York.
3. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
(a) Only up until the second generation.
(b) Only up until the third generation.
(c) Only for the first generation.
(d) As long as the government reigns.
4. How did the conquerors treat defeated enemies in the earliest known governments?
(a) As equals.
(b) As paid employees.
(c) As individuals.
(d) As property.
5. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(b) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(c) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(d) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
2. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
3. Which countries have left room in their Constitution for revision if necessary in the future?
4. What area do Paine and the Marquis differ on?
5. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)