|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only honor.
(d) Only power.
2. What does a strong government assure against?
(a) Civil war and poverty.
(b) Civil war, but not poverty.
(c) Poverty, but not civil war or treason.
(d) Civil war, poverty, and treason.
3. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
4. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
(a) Only certain societies need government.
(b) Society will fail without government.
(c) Most societies need government.
(d) Society will not fail without government.
5. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The drawbacks of being a leader.
(b) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(c) The role of leader.
(d) The benefits of being a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
2. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
4. What area do Paine and the Marquis differ on?
5. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)