|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
(a) Darkness attempting to illuminate light.
(b) Darkness attempting to conceal light.
(c) Darkness attempting to deny light.
(d) Darkness attempting to destroy light.
2. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a perfect model.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a blessing.
(d) As a good example.
3. How does Thomas Paine write the book Common Sense?
(b) With a co-writer.
(c) With a ghost writer.
(d) With two co-writers.
4. What does society promote?
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of history.
(b) An understanding of government.
(c) An understanding of economics.
(d) An understanding of liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Paine compare kings?
2. What happens if people refuse to obey a law they oppose?
3. Which one of Burke's books contained several pages quoted from the Rights of Man?
4. What tactic will the king use to gain favor in the long run if he cannot rule through force in the short run?
5. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)