|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to procure happiness.
(b) The right to practice religion.
(c) The right to stand up for a cause.
(d) The right to be provided for.
2. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(b) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(c) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(d) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
3. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They are popular for all of the country.
(b) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(c) They may not be popular.
(d) They are popular for half of the country.
4. How many years does Paine think the aristocracy or monarchy will last after the writing of his pamphlet?
(a) Not more than seven years.
(b) Not more than twenty five years.
(c) Not more than twelve years.
(d) Not more than ten years.
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as other countries.
(b) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(c) The same goals as the body.
(d) The same goals as half of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
2. What does government promote?
3. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
4. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
5. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)