|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The November Decrees.
(b) The August Decrees.
(c) The December Decrees.
(d) The September Decrees.
2. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
(a) They are too powerful.
(b) They are too jealous.
(c) They are not economically sound.
(d) They are too weak.
3. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(a) Only the first half of their lives.
(b) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
4. Why didn't Paine reply to any of the responses to the Rights of Man?
(a) He did not know about many of the responses written.
(b) He did not have the resources.
(c) He did not have the time.
(d) He did not think any of them could rival his own work.
5. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
2. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
3. What does government promote?
4. Why do Englishmen defend their king?
5. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)