|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) America, England, and France.
(b) Only America and France.
(c) Only America and England.
(d) Only England and France.
2. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
(a) To prove their place in the world.
(b) To provide a reason for its high taxes.
(c) To increase trade agreements.
(d) To increase jobs through war.
3. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
(a) They are too jealous.
(b) They are not economically sound.
(c) They are too weak.
(d) They are too powerful.
4. How many questions does Paine address in his final letter to the people of England?
5. How many books did Burke publish after the Rights of Man was released?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine compare to the limited freedom of people by the government?
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
3. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
4. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
5. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)