|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The incorrect order of pages.
(b) The small print.
(c) The colors used.
(d) The translation.
2. What should the main purpose of a Constitution be?
(a) To create and maintain the happiness of its government.
(b) To provide for other countries who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(c) To provide for people who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
(d) To create and maintain the happiness of its citizens.
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(b) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(c) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(d) The best defense is a good offense.
4. What grows along with a society?
(a) A need for more regulations.
(b) A need for more taxation.
(c) A need for fewer regulations.
(d) A need for less taxation.
5. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
(a) At age twenty.
(b) At age ten.
(c) At any age.
(d) At age fifteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
2. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
3. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
4. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
5. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)