|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe would end government through hereditary?
(a) Having each king only serve two terms.
(b) Having each king only serve for ten years.
(c) Having each king only serve for five years.
(d) Having each king elected.
2. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(a) Only once.
(b) Only three times.
(d) Only twice.
3. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as half of the body.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
4. What does Paine think about the idea of being a king through heredity?
(a) He thinks it is absurd and unnatural.
(b) He thinks it is flawed, but not unreasonable.
(c) He thinks it is reasonable and unflawed.
(d) He thinks it is unnatural, but not absurd.
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) A false sense of security for the nations.
(b) England's decreased status in the world.
(c) France's decreased status in the world.
(d) Animosity between the nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Paine originally view Burke, before he denounced the French Revolution?
2. What does a strong government assure against?
3. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
4. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
5. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)