|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as half of the body.
(b) The same goals as the body.
(c) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
(d) The same goals as other countries.
2. What does Paine believe will happen with time?
(a) His views will become accepted, but not favored.
(b) His views will never become accepted or favored.
(c) His views will become favored, but not accepted.
(d) His views will become accepted and possibly favored.
3. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
(a) Only America and France.
(b) Only England and France.
(c) America, England, and France.
(d) Only America and England.
4. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Reasoning with a wall.
(b) Talking to the dead.
(c) Talking to a wall.
(d) Giving medicine to the dead.
5. What did the lack of monarchy result in for Britain before the kings?
(a) A need for war.
(b) A need for commerce.
(c) A lack of war.
(d) A lack of commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
2. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
3. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
4. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
5. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)