|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Greece and Rome.
(b) They involve Britain.
(c) They involve France and Spain.
(d) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
2. What did Gideon deny?
(a) The benefits of being a leader.
(b) The idea of being given the role of leader.
(c) The role of leader.
(d) The drawbacks of being a leader.
3. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
4. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
(a) The incorrect order of pages.
(b) The small print.
(c) The translation.
(d) The colors used.
5. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) James Mackintosh.
(b) Daniel Conway.
(c) Joseph Priestley.
(d) Richard Price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
2. What happens if people refuse to obey a law they oppose?
3. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
4. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
5. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)