|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(b) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(c) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
2. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
(a) He does believe in miracles.
(b) He is superstitious.
(c) He does not believe in miracles.
(d) He is not superstitious.
3. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
(a) It undermines the right to practice religion freely.
(b) It undermines all religions.
(c) It undermines only the religion involved.
(d) It undermines the religions that are not involved.
4. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to be provided for.
(b) The right to procure happiness.
(c) The right to stand up for a cause.
(d) The right to practice religion.
5. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
(b) He received a small financial reward.
(c) He received a large financial reward.
(d) He received no financial reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the American Revolution had been fought only to separate America from England, how much attention does Paine think it would have received?
2. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
3. According to Paine, what goes against human nature?
4. Which years of the American Revolution did America have no government?
5. To what does Paine compare kings?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)