|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paine, what is the difference between society and government?
(a) Positivism versus negativism.
(b) East versus West.
(c) Right versus wrong.
(d) North versus South.
2. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A full soul.
(b) A cold soul.
(c) A warm soul.
(d) An empty soul.
3. When did Edmund Burke attack the French Revolution in a book?
4. Who is hurt the most when a government tries to prohibit its people from reading a work the government disapproves of?
(a) The government.
(b) The publisher.
(c) The author.
(d) The people.
5. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A hypocrisy.
(b) A fallacy.
(c) A deceptive practice.
(d) A naive attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does Paine use in the metaphor that ends the second part of the Rights of Man?
2. What does Paine believe should never separate the elected from the electors?
3. How many years does Paine think the aristocracy or monarchy will last after the writing of his pamphlet?
4. How old is the president of the United States required to be in order to presumably prevent inexperienced people from having the position?
5. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)