|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The last three.
(b) The last four.
(c) The first three.
(d) The first four.
2. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power, honor, and authority.
(b) Power and honor.
(c) Only power.
(d) Only honor.
3. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
4. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
(a) How, but not why kings became prominent.
(b) How, why, and when kings became prominent.
(c) Why, but not how or when kings became prominent.
(d) How and why kings became prominent.
5. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as the body.
(b) The same goals as half of the body.
(c) The same goals as other countries.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age can a monarch be appointed in Britain?
2. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
3. What is the Rights of Man considered?
4. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
5. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)