|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine surmise Burke's view of government entails?
(a) People should be controlled by government.
(b) People should only control some forms of government.
(c) Government should only control some people.
(d) Government should be controlled by the people.
2. What types of goals should the members of the elected have?
(a) The same goals as half of the body.
(b) The same goals as other countries.
(c) The same goals as the body.
(d) The same goals as the largest populated cities.
3. How does Paine respond to the people who cannot follow his logic?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is shocked.
4. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
(a) They may not be popular.
(b) They are popular for all of the country.
(c) They may have been popular at an earlier date.
(d) They are popular for half of the country.
5. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
2. How long would news take to travel from England to America if the two countries were to reconcile at this point?
3. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
4. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
5. What concerns Paine about how Burke's pamphlet is published?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)