|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Only honor.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Only power.
(d) Power and honor.
2. What is the Rights of Man considered?
(a) An essay.
(b) A speech.
(c) A novel.
(d) A treatise.
3. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to stand up for a cause.
(b) The right to procure happiness.
(c) The right to be provided for.
(d) The right to practice religion.
4. Why does Paine believe that America will succeed?
(a) Because of its economic status.
(b) Because of unity.
(c) Because of great numbers.
(d) Because of its political status.
5. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) The weakness of the British rule.
(b) America's political views.
(c) The strength of the American soldiers.
(d) America's sacrifice for independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area do Paine and the Marquis differ on?
2. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
3. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
4. According to British law, how long do the children of the king have the right to rule over every common person?
5. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)