|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The harshness of winter.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The heat of summer.
(d) The element of surprise.
2. How much was Washington compensated for his time as the first president?
(a) He received no financial reward.
(b) He received a small financial reward.
(c) It is unknown how he was financially rewarded.
(d) He received a large financial reward.
3. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
(a) Quiet and inoffensive.
(b) Inoffensive but loud.
(c) Offensive and loud.
(d) Quiet but offensive.
4. Why does Paine state that America took up arms against England?
(a) England forced the hand of America.
(b) America had become more prosperous than England.
(c) Other countries forced the hand of America.
(d) America had become more prosperous than almost all other countries.
5. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his economic resources.
(b) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(c) For his character and mind.
(d) For his mind and economic resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine use examples from scripture to explain?
2. What will the first twenty years of American independence not predict, according to Paine?
3. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
4. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)