|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
(a) Those who pretend to be Quakers.
(b) Those who pretend to be Christians.
2. How did the conquerors treat defeated enemies in the earliest known governments?
(a) As individuals.
(b) As equals.
(c) As paid employees.
(d) As property.
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) A problem shared is a problem halved.
(b) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(c) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(d) The best defense is a good offense.
4. In an ideal world, who would make decisions regarding regulations?
(a) A select few members of government.
(b) All members of government.
(c) A select few members of society.
(d) All members of society.
5. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
(a) John Adams.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which concept was the old Whig party based?
2. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
3. What did Gideon deny?
4. Why does the monarchy no longer work in Paine's opinion?
5. From where was English rule founded?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)