|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ancient tyrannies does Paine think comprise the English Constitution?
2. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power and honor.
(b) Only power.
(c) Only honor.
(d) Power, honor, and authority.
3. How does Paine describe society?
(a) As a perfect model.
(b) As a blessing.
(c) As a gift.
(d) As a good example.
4. According to the second part of the Rights of Man, when was Combining Principals and Practice written?
5. What does Paine prove in order to dispel a myth about government?
(a) Society will not fail without government.
(b) Only certain societies need government.
(c) Society will fail without government.
(d) Most societies need government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
2. Which party did Washington belong to when he became the first president of the United States?
3. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
4. How many rebuttals did Burke make to Paine's Rights of Man?
5. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)