|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which concept is the new Whig party based?
(b) A three-party system.
(c) A two-party system.
2. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The December Decrees.
(b) The November Decrees.
(c) The September Decrees.
(d) The August Decrees.
3. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
(a) How complicated the English laws are.
(b) How easy the English laws are to change.
(c) How archaic the English laws are.
(d) How difficult the English laws are to change.
4. How does Thomas Paine write the book <i>Common Sense</i>?
(a) With two co-writers.
(c) With a ghost writer.
(d) With a co-writer.
5. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
(a) France's decreased status in the world.
(b) England's decreased status in the world.
(c) Animosity between the nations.
(d) A false sense of security for the nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the length, what is the reason Paine wanted to separate the sections of the Rights of Man?
2. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
3. Why does Paine admire the Marquis?
4. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
5. In the Introduction, what does Paine state about the thoughts of the book?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)