|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Burke think English subjects should serve in the Parliament?
(b) Only the first half of their lives.
(d) Only the first three quarters of their lives.
2. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
(b) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
(c) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
(d) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
3. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
4. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight months earlier.
(b) Eight days earlier.
(c) Eight days later.
(d) Eight months later.
5. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
(a) The more fantastic a story is, the less it will be admired.
(b) The more fantastic a story is, the more it will be admired.
(c) The more admired a story is, the more it will be doubted.
(d) The more admired a story is, the less it will be doubted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine think that Christians are taught about the tales they learn?
2. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
3. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)