|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
(a) The theft of American money.
(b) The decreasing costs of American products.
(c) The counterfeiting of American money.
(d) The rising costs of American products.
2. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
(a) Very little.
(b) Only the first half.
(d) Only the second half.
3. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the times that try men's souls.
(b) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(c) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
(d) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
2. When did the English Revolution take place?
3. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
4. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
5. What does Paine think is created between religions by the existence of certain churches?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)