|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well were Paine's views on religion known when Age of Reason was written?
(a) He was well known for not advocating freedom of religion.
(b) He was well known for advocating freedom of religion.
(c) His views on religion were only known by his friends.
(d) His views on religion were not known.
2. What does Paine think is created between religions by the existence of certain churches?
3. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Power, honor, and authority.
(b) Only honor.
(c) Power and honor.
(d) Only power.
4. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A pit.
(c) A cave.
(d) A desert.
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people witnessed and documented the Resurrection?
2. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
3. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
4. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
5. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)