|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The August Decrees.
(b) The September Decrees.
(c) The December Decrees.
(d) The November Decrees.
2. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend and countryman.
(b) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
(c) An enemy and countryman.
(d) A friend and an enemy.
3. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
(a) He does not subscribe to a church.
(d) In his mind.
4. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
5. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the law invented that took the freedom away from the English subjects?
2. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
5. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)