|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine think is created between religions by the existence of certain churches?
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) America's sacrifice for independence.
(b) America's political views.
(c) The weakness of the British rule.
(d) The strength of the American soldiers.
3. How does Paine describe tyranny?
(a) An opponent that is not easily defeated.
(b) An opponent that is easily defeated.
(c) An opponent that is not easily defeated now, but will be in the future.
(d) An opponent that once could have been easily defeated, but no longer.
4. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
(a) The Hudson.
(b) The Delaware.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Missouri.
5. What does the term canonization refer to?
(a) The process in which a person becomes a saint.
(b) The process in which a person requests to become a saint.
(c) The ceremony performed after a person is declared a saint.
(d) The ceremony performed before a person can request to become a saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
2. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
3. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
4. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
5. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)