|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaced hopelessness during a long battle, as Paine recounts?
2. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Only power.
(b) Power and honor.
(c) Power, honor, and authority.
(d) Only honor.
3. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
(a) In a river.
(b) In a garden.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a tree.
4. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
(a) The best defense is a good offense.
(b) A penny wise and a pound foolish.
(c) In for a penny, in for a pound.
(d) A problem shared is a problem halved.
5. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Talking to a wall.
(b) Giving medicine to the dead.
(c) Talking to the dead.
(d) Reasoning with a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
2. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
4. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
5. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)