|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(a) Only three times.
(c) Only once.
(d) Only twice.
2. When does Paine wish the Revolution had begun?
(a) Eight days earlier.
(b) Eight days later.
(c) Eight months later.
(d) Eight months earlier.
3. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
(a) They are too powerful.
(b) They are too jealous.
(c) They are too weak.
(d) They are not economically sound.
4. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
(a) America's sacrifice for independence.
(b) The strength of the American soldiers.
(c) The weakness of the British rule.
(d) America's political views.
5. What does Paine believe each generation should have?
(a) The ideals and values of the preceding government.
(b) Its own ideals, but the values of the preceding government.
(c) Its own values, but the ideals of the preceding government.
(d) Its own ideals, values, and choices in government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
2. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
4. Which country has England chosen as its new foe when Paine writes the Rights of Man?
5. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)