|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine wish America could have used against the British?
(a) The element of surprise.
(b) The use of inside information.
(c) The heat of summer.
(d) The harshness of winter.
2. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
(a) To provide a reason for its high taxes.
(b) To increase trade agreements.
(c) To prove their place in the world.
(d) To increase jobs through war.
3. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
(a) Six hundred and forty three.
(b) Four hundred and sixty five.
(c) Three hundred and fifty six.
(d) Five hundred and thirty four.
4. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
(a) The September Decrees.
(b) The November Decrees.
(c) The August Decrees.
(d) The December Decrees.
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
2. What war does Paine believe might have been the inspiration for a Christian tale about the Almighty?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
4. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
5. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)