|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
(a) Vulgar and predictable.
(b) Disturbing and predictable.
(c) Disturbing, vulgar, and predictable.
(d) Disturbing and vulgar.
2. What does Paine find interesting about the Immaculate Conception?
(a) Its meaning has not changed with time.
(b) Its meaning has changed with time.
(c) It can be disproven.
(d) It cannot be disproven.
3. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
(a) Quiet but offensive.
(b) Offensive and loud.
(c) Quiet and inoffensive.
(d) Inoffensive but loud.
4. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
(a) It was a timeless event.
(b) It was a public event.
(c) It was a private event.
(d) It was an incomparable event.
5. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
(a) A snake.
(b) A crow.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
2. How does Paine describe tyranny?
3. When did the English Revolution take place?
4. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
5. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)