|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
(a) He thinks it is derogatory towards Eve.
(b) He thinks it is derogatory towards the Almighty.
(c) He thinks it is a testament to the powers of the Almighty.
(d) He thinks it is a testament to the intelligence of Eve.
2. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
(a) Many moral standards improved.
(b) A few great lives were lived.
(c) A few moral standards improved.
(d) Many great lives were lived.
3. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
(a) A raven.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A crow.
4. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
(a) The more admired a story is, the more it will be doubted.
(b) The more admired a story is, the less it will be doubted.
(c) The more fantastic a story is, the more it will be admired.
(d) The more fantastic a story is, the less it will be admired.
5. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
(a) Three hundred and fifty six.
(b) Six hundred and forty three.
(c) Four hundred and sixty five.
(d) Five hundred and thirty four.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burke describe Louis XVI?
2. Why does Paine think the British are incapable of ruling America justly?
3. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
4. What ancient philosopher does Paine mention in Age of Reason?
5. When did the English Revolution take place?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)