|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
(a) The shortness of the conversation.
(b) Eve is not confused.
(c) Eve is not frightened.
(d) The extensive length of the conversation.
2. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
(a) A naive attempt.
(b) A deceptive practice.
(c) A fallacy.
(d) A hypocrisy.
3. According to Paine, what happened as a result of the Christian tales?
(a) Many moral standards improved.
(b) A few moral standards improved.
(c) Many great lives were lived.
(d) A few great lives were lived.
4. What label does Paine give to revelations that have not been witnessed?
5. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A cold soul.
(b) A full soul.
(c) A warm soul.
(d) An empty soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
2. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
3. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
4. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
5. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)