|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A snake.
(c) A crow.
(d) A raven.
2. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
(a) Paine is unaware of the teachings of Jesus.
(b) Benevolence and morality.
(c) Only benevolence.
(d) Only morality.
3. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(b) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(c) These are the times that try men's souls.
(d) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
4. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
(a) Darkness attempting to conceal light.
(b) Darkness attempting to destroy light.
(c) Darkness attempting to deny light.
(d) Darkness attempting to illuminate light.
5. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(a) Only once.
(b) Only three times.
(d) Only twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
2. What are the decrees outlining the foundation for a new French government called?
3. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
4. How does Paine describe Burke's descriptions of the French during the Revolution?
5. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)