|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
(a) He thinks it is a testament to the intelligence of Eve.
(b) He thinks it is derogatory towards the Almighty.
(c) He thinks it is a testament to the powers of the Almighty.
(d) He thinks it is derogatory towards Eve.
2. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
(a) Only benevolence.
(b) Paine is unaware of the teachings of Jesus.
(c) Only morality.
(d) Benevolence and morality.
3. How does Paine categorize Howe's victories?
4. How does Paine describe the Resurrection?
(a) It was a timeless event.
(b) It was a public event.
(c) It was an incomparable event.
(d) It was a private event.
5. According to Paine, what should not be confused with religion?
(a) A full soul.
(b) A cold soul.
(c) An empty soul.
(d) A warm soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious group of people does Paine think are persecuted?
2. How many total pages is Burke's denouncement of the French Revolution?
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
4. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
5. What does Paine attribute his literary career to?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)