|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
(a) Only morality.
(b) Paine is unaware of the teachings of Jesus.
(c) Benevolence and morality.
(d) Only benevolence.
2. What is the English government's position on the French Revolution?
(a) The English government supports it.
(b) Almost all of the English government supports it.
(c) Half of the English government supports it.
(d) The English government does not support it.
3. How many times does Burke mention the Bastille in his book?
(a) Only three times.
(b) Only once.
(c) Only twice.
4. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
(a) Previous scriptures.
(c) Popular stories.
5. How does Paine think that Christians are taught about the tales they learn?
(a) As events open to many interpretations.
(b) As history.
(c) As lessons.
(d) As questionable events.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe Burke's analysis of France?
2. What is the result of using faith for political reasons?
3. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
4. What does Paine profess about himself in The Crisis?
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)