|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) Richard Price.
(b) James Mackintosh.
(c) Joseph Priestley.
(d) Daniel Conway.
2. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
(a) How easy the English laws are to change.
(b) How complicated the English laws are.
(c) How archaic the English laws are.
(d) How difficult the English laws are to change.
3. According to Paine, whose role in the French Revolution should not be diminished?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) John Adams.
(d) George Washington.
4. How does Paine consider those who follow the Christian tales?
(a) He has pity for them.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He does not have disdain for them.
(d) He does have disdain for them.
5. According to Paine, what does Burke lack?
(a) An understanding of economics.
(b) An understanding of liberty.
(c) An understanding of history.
(d) An understanding of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
2. How well were Paine's views on religion known when Age of Reason was written?
3. What ancient philosopher does Paine mention in Age of Reason?
4. What does Paine explain about the Almighty's response after Eve bites the apple?
5. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)