|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
(a) He thinks it is a testament to the powers of the Almighty.
(b) He thinks it is derogatory towards the Almighty.
(c) He thinks it is derogatory towards Eve.
(d) He thinks it is a testament to the intelligence of Eve.
2. What will happen to a person who denies another the right to practice a different religion?
(a) That person will never be able to legitimately discuss religion.
(b) That person will never be able to change his or her own mind.
(c) That person will never be able to change anyone else's mind.
(d) That person will never be able to criticize religion.
3. What prevents the British from effectively governing America?
(a) Their recklessness.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their fear.
(d) Their reputation.
4. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
(a) Previous scriptures.
(b) Popular stories.
5. As Paine states in The Crisis, what word should never replace the word "Christian"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since all men are created equal, what does Paine consider aristocracy to be?
2. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
3. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
4. What does the term canonization refer to?
5. What is the Rights of Man considered?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)