|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine use as a miserable example of the Constitution that America is trying to adopt?
2. What saddens Paine about the analogies made to good and solid government?
(a) They involve Britain.
(b) They involve France and Spain.
(c) They involve Britain, Greece, Rome, France, and Spain.
(d) They involve Greece and Rome.
3. Why does England constantly need a foe to battle?
(a) To prove their place in the world.
(b) To provide a reason for its high taxes.
(c) To increase trade agreements.
(d) To increase jobs through war.
4. Where is Paine living when Burke's pamphlet is being published?
5. For what does Paine compliment Washington?
(a) For his character, mind, and economic resources.
(b) For his mind and economic resources.
(c) For his economic resources.
(d) For his character and mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paine describe tyranny?
2. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
3. What city did the British incorrectly assume was the center of America when they attacked it?
4. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
5. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)