|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Rights of Man considered?
(a) A treatise.
(b) A novel.
(c) An essay.
(d) A speech.
2. Whose sermon given to celebrate the anniversary of the English Revolution does Burke misrepresent?
(a) Daniel Conway.
(b) Joseph Priestley.
(c) Richard Price.
(d) James Mackintosh.
3. How does Paine describe the Quakers?
(a) Quiet but offensive.
(b) Inoffensive but loud.
(c) Offensive and loud.
(d) Quiet and inoffensive.
4. How does Paine think that Christians are taught about the tales they learn?
(a) As history.
(b) As events open to many interpretations.
(c) As lessons.
(d) As questionable events.
5. In the Christian tale, where is Satan banished to by the Almighty?
(a) A pit.
(b) A cave.
(c) A desert.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
2. What point does Paine use Joan of Arc as an example to support?
3. What does the term canonization refer to?
4. What do the English people indicate with their silence?
5. What form does Satan take on in reappearing?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)