|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point does Paine make about the rights of people to believe in events that took place?
(a) People do not have the right to doubt something they have not witnessed.
(b) People have the right not to believe something they have not witnessed.
(c) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by credible witnesses.
(d) People should believe in something they have not seen, only if it is reported by witnesses.
2. How much of the New Testament did Jesus write?
(a) Only the second half.
(b) Only the first half.
(c) Very little.
3. How many years of the Revolution does Paine discuss in a letter to the Inhabitants of America?
(a) The first four.
(b) The last four.
(c) The last three.
(d) The first three.
4. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
(a) Eve is not confused.
(b) Eve is not frightened.
(c) The extensive length of the conversation.
(d) The shortness of the conversation.
5. What does Paine hope the English people will realize from Burke's pamphlet?
(a) How easy the English laws are to change.
(b) How difficult the English laws are to change.
(c) How archaic the English laws are.
(d) How complicated the English laws are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river are the American troops preparing to cross as Paine describes their trials and tribulations?
2. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
3. What does the term canonization refer to?
4. What is the Rights of Man considered?
5. How does Paine view the story of Eve and the apple?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)