|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine believe about revelation?
(a) It cannot be achieved in church.
(b) It can only be achieved secondhand.
(c) It can only be achieved in church.
(d) It cannot be achieved secondhand.
2. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
(a) Talking to a wall.
(b) Giving medicine to the dead.
(c) Talking to the dead.
(d) Reasoning with a wall.
3. What does Howe support that draws Paine's criticism?
(a) The rising costs of American products.
(b) The decreasing costs of American products.
(c) The theft of American money.
(d) The counterfeiting of American money.
4. After being banished by the Almighty, where did Satan later reappear?
(a) In a garden.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a river.
5. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
(a) Only power.
(b) Power, honor, and authority.
(c) Power and honor.
(d) Only honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Rights of Man considered?
2. Whom was the Rights of Man presented to?
3. Which proverb does Paine refer to when commenting on the acts of Howe and Burgoyne?
4. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
5. According to Paine, what should each man strive for?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)