|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
(a) Popular stories.
(b) Previous scriptures.
2. What are the rumors about the reason behind Burke's pamphlet?
(a) He did it out of loyalty for his country.
(b) He did it to receive notoriety.
(c) He did it out of hatred for other countries.
(d) He did it for financial reasons.
3. What does Paine explain about the Almighty's response after Eve bites the apple?
(a) The Almighty banishes Satan to a pit.
(b) The Almighty allows Satan to remain on earth.
(c) The Almighty banishes Satan to a mountain.
(d) The Almighty banishes Satan to a cave.
4. How does Paine refer to himself, with regards to Howe?
(a) A friend and an enemy.
(b) A friend and countryman.
(c) An enemy and countryman.
(d) A friend, enemy, and countryman.
5. In Paine's opinion, how is the admiration of a story determined?
(a) The more fantastic a story is, the less it will be admired.
(b) The more admired a story is, the more it will be doubted.
(c) The more admired a story is, the less it will be doubted.
(d) The more fantastic a story is, the more it will be admired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke continue to perpetuate with his actions?
2. What are the questions about in Paine's last letter to the people of England?
3. As mentioned by Paine in Age of Reason, what did Jesus preach?
4. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
5. In his letter to Howe, what comparison does Paine make about arguing with a man who has no use for authority?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)