One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Age of Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paine think is odd about the conversation between Eve and Satan?
(a) The shortness of the conversation.
(b) The extensive length of the conversation.
(c) Eve is not confused.
(d) Eve is not frightened.
2. Where is the church located to which Paine subscribes?
(a) In his mind.
(b) He does not subscribe to a church.
3. Which one of the following is not included in the natural rights Paine believes should be retained by people after they are born?
(a) The right to procure happiness.
(b) The right to stand up for a cause.
(c) The right to practice religion.
(d) The right to be provided for.
4. What is the famous quote by Paine that starts the section, The Crisis?
(a) These are the men whose soul's need to be tested.
(b) These are the times that men's souls are tested.
(c) These are the times that try men's souls.
(d) These are the men whose soul's have been tried.
5. How many days before the taking of the Bastille did Marquis de La Fayette make a speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Paine think Christianity adapted a lot of its philosophies?
2. According to Paine, which governments must unite to lead by example in order to ensure liberty worldwide?
3. What does Paine believe about revelation?
4. What sacrifice was made in the formation of some churches, according to Paine?
5. How does Paine describe tyranny?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)