|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Powder Keg group meet in Washington?
2. Where did the Powder Keg group originate?
3. Where was the invisible line discussed, in Chapter 25?
4. Who were roaming the places where children were playing in the South End neighborhood, according to Chapter 22?
5. Who came to Alva and her husband's assistance after the attacks against them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rachel's sons, Richard and George, as well as her daughter Rachel?
2. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
3. What difference was there between Alice and her family and friends?
4. What did Rachel see at the meeting she attended, in Chapter 16?
5. What did Medeiros do for Texas?
6. Who was Cardinal Cushing, according to Chapter 20?
7. What did Danny try to get his mother out of?
8. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
9. What did Alice do to avoid busing, in Chapter 15?
10. What was the invisible line, as discussed in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
McGovern offered the vice-presidential nomination to Mayor White and then retracted his offer. Students should examine the reasons for McGovern retracting his offer, as well as the effects of this issue. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination had a considerable impact on the American people, especially the African American community. Discuss the impact of his assassination on the American people and why he was an influential person in American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The Cardinal of the Archdiocese of Boston had an influence on the local community, but even the Cardinal feared for his safety. Students should discuss Cardinal Cushing's involvement in the Kiernan Commission, as well as focus on his replacement, discussing the similarities and differences between the two Cardinals. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)