Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 11 say the South End once was?
2. What position did Colin formulate after taking on more responsibilities at the Boston City Hall?
3. When did Owen Kirk move to Roodstown, according to Chapter 6?
4. What gang was Alice McGoff's son Danny a part of?
5. What area did Colin live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
2. What projects did Colin work on, in Chapter 13, and how did Colin compare himself with the Boston mayor?
3. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
4. Who was informed of the King assassination, at the start of Chapter 4?
5. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
6. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
7. What was Joan Diver's son assigned to, in Chapter 18?
8. What difference was there between Alice and her family and friends?
9. What formed in Charlestown during Alice McGoff's childhood, in Chapter 10?
10. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
Rachel became involved in her church, including the founding of Methunion Manor, the Black Economic Development Program, and even proposed a shopping center for African American owned businesses. Students should discuss the difficulties with Methunion Manor and the shopping center, as well as examine what solutions were proposed to overcome the problems. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
The Epilogue reveals the status of the people and families in the book after the book ended. Students should compare a family with how they were in the book with events that occurred after and examine how the situation of busing played a role in their life. Use the text to support your discussion.
The Boston School Committee rejected the report that showed there was a racial imbalance in the Boston schools. Discuss what the state study showed, the reasons behind segregation, and examine de facto segregation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)