Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What category of people wanted to move to South End in the early 70s?
2. Why did Alice McGoff lose her income?
3. What does Chapter 12 say about Colin and the Boston mayor?
4. Who or what did Bernie Kirk, Alice's father, not support despite of roots in his district?
5. Whom did Colin Diver speak to concerning his interest in working for the city of Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alice McGoff oppose, in Chapter 23?
2. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
3. Who received the Democratic Presidential nomination, according to Chapter 28?
4. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
5. What does the Epilogue of Common Ground focus on?
6. What did Danny try to get his mother out of?
7. What did Lisa McGoff decide and what changed her mind?
8. Where were conditions worse for Rachel Twymon's children?
9. What was going on with Cassandra Twymon at school, in Chapter 27?
10. Who was unhappy with the situation at Bancroft School?
Rachel became involved in her church, including the founding of Methunion Manor, the Black Economic Development Program, and even proposed a shopping center for African American owned businesses. Students should discuss the difficulties with Methunion Manor and the shopping center, as well as examine what solutions were proposed to overcome the problems. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Compare the families discussed in Common Ground and discuss the issues each family experienced during the 1960s. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Choose two schools to compare the similarities and differences regarding the busing situation, including the students' reactions and reactions of the parents. Use the text to support your discussion and conclude which handled the mandatory busing policies in the most appropriate manner.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)