|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joseph McKechnie?
2. What organization did Ralph Hoaglund found?
3. What does Chapter 13 say about Colin's ambition?
4. What does Chapter 1 say many law school students were avoiding?
5. When did Charles McKechnie die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Danny McGoff?
2. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
3. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
4. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
5. What did Hiran do to his name?
6. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
7. What happened to Rachel?
8. Who was informed of the King assassination, at the start of Chapter 4?
9. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
10. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lukas emphasizes the genealogy of the families he covers in Common Ground. Students should discuss the importance of genealogy in Common Ground and why Lukas thought it was significant or influential on the individuals and families. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Project 76 was at Charlestown High, but the senior trip was canceled because of a teacher gambling away the money. Students actually believed that the reason was busing. Examine the ramifications of the truth not being revealed, for the students, teachers, and the community as a whole. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two schools to compare the similarities and differences regarding the busing situation, including the students' reactions and reactions of the parents. Use the text to support your discussion and conclude which handled the mandatory busing policies in the most appropriate manner.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)