|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 13 say about Colin's ambition?
2. Why did Alice McGoff lose her income?
3. Whom does Chapter 4 say was with Colin Diver when he listened to Mayor's White speech?
4. What did Rachel have trouble finding, at the start of Chapter 12?
5. How many children did Joseph McKechnie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rachel?
2. Where does Alice McGoff's family come from, according to Chapter 6?
3. What did Hiran do to his name?
4. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
5. What did Rachel Twymon become involved in, according to Chapter 8?
6. What did Rachel Twymon do in August 1967, according to Chapter 12?
7. Who was Danny McGoff?
8. Where were conditions worse for Rachel Twymon's children?
9. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
10. Who did Ralph Hoaglund, founder of CVS, and others work for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alice McGoff worked as an operator at the New England Telephone Company, but participated in demonstrations in front of Mercer's home, the company's president,. Examine why Alice McGoff protested outside his home and also why she refused to donate to the organization for which he sat as a board chair. Use the text to support your discussion
Essay Topic 2
Boycotts and sit-ins over the busing situation put students' educations in jeopardy. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the boycotting and how the situation was resolved. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
South End underwent urban revitalization and was considered desirable for young professionals, but later became more dangerous with higher crime. Students should examine the changes that the South End area underwent and how these changes were viewed.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)