|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Ben Colin work?
2. How did Chapter 9 start?
3. For whom did Colin work, at the start of Chapter 13?
4. What was Colin Diver not sure he wanted to do after finishing his studies, according to Chapter 1?
5. Whom does Chapter 4 say was with Colin Diver when he listened to Mayor's White speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
2. What did Rachel Twymon do in August 1967, according to Chapter 12?
3. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
4. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
5. What happened to Rachel Twymon, in Chapter 2?
6. Who was the Jenkins family, according to Chapter 5?
7. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
8. In Chapter 14, what judge was assigned to the civil rights case, Morgan v Hennigan?
9. What did Hiran do to his name?
10. What did Rachel Twymon become involved in, according to Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alice McGoff worked as an operator at the New England Telephone Company, but participated in demonstrations in front of Mercer's home, the company's president,. Examine why Alice McGoff protested outside his home and also why she refused to donate to the organization for which he sat as a board chair. Use the text to support your discussion
Essay Topic 2
Lukas emphasizes the genealogy of the families he covers in Common Ground. Students should discuss the importance of genealogy in Common Ground and why Lukas thought it was significant or influential on the individuals and families. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Boycotts and sit-ins over the busing situation put students' educations in jeopardy. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the boycotting and how the situation was resolved. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)