|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ben Diver originally from, according to Chapter 7?
2. What did Rachel Twymon not know about four of her sons when she opened her store one morning in Chapter 2?
3. Who was Joseph McKechnie?
4. What does Chapter 13 say about Colin's expectations of what government could and couldn't do in the area of social justice?
5. What did Rachel decide to do, at the start of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rachel Twymon do in August 1967, according to Chapter 12?
2. In Chapter 14, what judge was assigned to the civil rights case, Morgan v Hennigan?
3. Which of Alice McGoff's family members immigrated to Boston, returned to Ireland, and then went back to Boston?
4. What did Hiran do to his name?
5. Who was Danny McGoff?
6. When did Rachel first meet King?
7. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
8. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
9. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
10. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two schools to compare the similarities and differences regarding the busing situation, including the students' reactions and reactions of the parents. Use the text to support your discussion and conclude which handled the mandatory busing policies in the most appropriate manner.
Essay Topic 2
Boycotts and sit-ins over the busing situation put students' educations in jeopardy. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the boycotting and how the situation was resolved. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Rachel became involved in her church, including the founding of Methunion Manor, the Black Economic Development Program, and even proposed a shopping center for African American owned businesses. Students should discuss the difficulties with Methunion Manor and the shopping center, as well as examine what solutions were proposed to overcome the problems. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)