|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chapter 9 start?
2. Whom did the Jenkins family migrate to Nova Scotia with?
3. What does Chapter 12 say about Colin and the Boston mayor?
4. What was involved in the desegregation of the Boston school system?
5. When did John McKechnie come to Boston, according to Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hiran do to his name?
2. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
3. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
4. What did Rachel Twymon do in August 1967, according to Chapter 12?
5. Who was Dr. John McKechnie, according to Chapter 7?
6. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
7. When did Rachel first meet King?
8. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
9. In Chapter 14, what judge was assigned to the civil rights case, Morgan v Hennigan?
10. Who was informed of the King assassination, at the start of Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two schools to compare the similarities and differences regarding the busing situation, including the students' reactions and reactions of the parents. Use the text to support your discussion and conclude which handled the mandatory busing policies in the most appropriate manner.
Essay Topic 2
Louise Day Hicks was well known for her dealings with school segregation and even claimed that Boston schools were not segregated. Discuss who Louise Day Hicks was and her involvement in the Boston School Committee. Examine popular opinion of Louise Day Hicks during the 1960s and conclude whether people's opinions of her were true. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination had a considerable impact on the American people, especially the African American community. Discuss the impact of his assassination on the American people and why he was an influential person in American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)