|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Louise Day Hicks want to get into public office?
2. What extra curricular activity did Colin Diver do that Chapter 1 says opened the door to the best jobs?
3. What city administration team did Colin play, in according to Chapter 11?
4. What did Rachel Twymon not know about four of her sons when she opened her store one morning in Chapter 2?
5. Whom did the Jenkins family migrate to Nova Scotia with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
2. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
3. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
4. Where does Alice McGoff's family come from, according to Chapter 6?
5. What happened on July 4?
6. Who was the Jenkins family, according to Chapter 5?
7. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
8. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
9. What did Lisa McGoff decide and what changed her mind?
10. Who was Dr. John McKechnie, according to Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the families discussed in Common Ground and discuss the issues each family experienced during the 1960s. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Judge Garrity made the decision about the Morgan versus Hennigan case. Students should examine the case, the hearings, his decision, as well as the program formulated to deal with the segregation. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Project 76 was at Charlestown High, but the senior trip was canceled because of a teacher gambling away the money. Students actually believed that the reason was busing. Examine the ramifications of the truth not being revealed, for the students, teachers, and the community as a whole. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 1,571 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)