|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alice McGoff work according to Chapter 3?
2. What does Chapter 9 say about the views of Louise Day Hicks?
3. What was Colin working on, at the start of Chapter 13?
4. How did Colin Diver avoid the draft?
5. For whom did Ben Colin work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Dr. John McKechnie, according to Chapter 7?
2. What did Colin do after he left his position at the mayor's office?
3. What did Rachel Twymon become involved in, according to Chapter 8?
4. When did Rachel first meet King?
5. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
6. How did the Boston School Committee react to a case study?
7. What does Chapter 1 say Colin Diver was affected by?
8. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
9. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
10. Where were conditions worse for Rachel Twymon's children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Boston School Committee rejected the report that showed there was a racial imbalance in the Boston schools. Discuss what the state study showed, the reasons behind segregation, and examine de facto segregation. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination had a considerable impact on the American people, especially the African American community. Discuss the impact of his assassination on the American people and why he was an influential person in American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Project 76 was at Charlestown High, but the senior trip was canceled because of a teacher gambling away the money. Students actually believed that the reason was busing. Examine the ramifications of the truth not being revealed, for the students, teachers, and the community as a whole. Use the text to support your discussion.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)