|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Rachel Twymon's children attend, according to Chapter 8?
2. What college did Joan McKechnie attend?
3. What was John McKechnie's profession?
4. What school did Rachel Twymon send her younger children to?
5. When did Colin Diver graduate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Dr. John McKechnie, according to Chapter 7?
2. Who did Ralph Hoaglund, founder of CVS, and others work for?
3. What formed in Charlestown during Alice McGoff's childhood, in Chapter 10?
4. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
5. What does Chapter 9 of Common Ground begin with, and why is Louise Day Hicks significant?
6. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
7. What did Rachel Twymon become involved in, according to Chapter 8?
8. What did Hiran do to his name?
9. What does Chapter 1 say Colin Diver was affected by?
10. Who was informed of the King assassination, at the start of Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lukas emphasizes the genealogy of the families he covers in Common Ground. Students should discuss the importance of genealogy in Common Ground and why Lukas thought it was significant or influential on the individuals and families. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Judge Garrity made the decision about the Morgan versus Hennigan case. Students should examine the case, the hearings, his decision, as well as the program formulated to deal with the segregation. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination had a considerable impact on the American people, especially the African American community. Discuss the impact of his assassination on the American people and why he was an influential person in American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)