|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 9 say about the views of Louise Day Hicks?
2. What was John McKechnie's profession?
3. What gang was Alice McGoff's son Danny a part of?
4. What city administration team did Colin play, in according to Chapter 11?
5. How did Colin Diver avoid the draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
2. When did Rachel first meet King?
3. Who did Ralph Hoaglund, founder of CVS, and others work for?
4. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
5. What does Chapter 1 say Colin Diver was affected by?
6. What did Rachel Twymon become involved in, according to Chapter 8?
7. Who was informed of the King assassination, at the start of Chapter 4?
8. What does Chapter 9 of Common Ground begin with, and why is Louise Day Hicks significant?
9. What projects did Colin work on, in Chapter 13, and how did Colin compare himself with the Boston mayor?
10. Where does Alice McGoff's family come from, according to Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
McGovern offered the vice-presidential nomination to Mayor White and then retracted his offer. Students should examine the reasons for McGovern retracting his offer, as well as the effects of this issue. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two schools to compare the similarities and differences regarding the busing situation, including the students' reactions and reactions of the parents. Use the text to support your discussion and conclude which handled the mandatory busing policies in the most appropriate manner.
Essay Topic 3
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination had a considerable impact on the American people, especially the African American community. Discuss the impact of his assassination on the American people and why he was an influential person in American society. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)