|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Colin working on, at the start of Chapter 13?
2. What does Chapter 5 say about Quinnie having many of?
3. What was Frederick's daughter's name?
4. Why was Heywood Twymon jailed several times?
5. Why did Louise Day Hicks want to get into public office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Dr. John McKechnie, according to Chapter 7?
2. What did Colin do after he left his position at the mayor's office?
3. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
4. Why was Colin impressed with South End in Chapter 11?
5. How did the Boston School Committee react to a case study?
6. Who did Ralph Hoaglund, founder of CVS, and others work for?
7. Where were conditions worse for Rachel Twymon's children?
8. What does Chapter 1 say Colin Diver was affected by?
9. Which of Alice McGoff's family members immigrated to Boston, returned to Ireland, and then went back to Boston?
10. What projects did Colin work on, in Chapter 13, and how did Colin compare himself with the Boston mayor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judge Garrity made the decision about the Morgan versus Hennigan case. Students should examine the case, the hearings, his decision, as well as the program formulated to deal with the segregation. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
McGovern offered the vice-presidential nomination to Mayor White and then retracted his offer. Students should examine the reasons for McGovern retracting his offer, as well as the effects of this issue. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Globe was attacked two times and soon after, published a story about the rape of a Caucasian girl by five African American youths. Students should examine the impact of the Boston Globe on the local community and how the Boston Globe changed as a result of the attacks. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)