|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Fanny Walker relocate to Boston?
2. Where did Alice McGoff work according to Chapter 3?
3. What area did Colin live in?
4. What does Chapter 13 say about Colin's ambition?
5. Where did Colin live in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What projects did Colin work on, in Chapter 13, and how did Colin compare himself with the Boston mayor?
2. When did Rachel first meet King?
3. Who did Ralph Hoaglund, founder of CVS, and others work for?
4. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
5. Who was Danny McGoff?
6. What did Hiran do to his name?
7. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
8. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
9. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
10. Who was the Jenkins family, according to Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boycotts and sit-ins over the busing situation put students' educations in jeopardy. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the boycotting and how the situation was resolved. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the draft for the Vietnam War and how it affected Colin Diver in Common Ground. Students should focus on how men avoided the draft and thoughts of the public on the Vietnam War. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Lukas emphasizes the genealogy of the families he covers in Common Ground. Students should discuss the importance of genealogy in Common Ground and why Lukas thought it was significant or influential on the individuals and families. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)