|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 10 say formed in Charleston during Alice McGoff's childhood?
2. Who employed the Bennefields after they were freed following the Civil War?
3. Who canceled James Brown's concert after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
4. When did Arthur Garrity release his decision in the civil right case mentioned in Chapter 14?
5. What college did Joan McKechnie attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
2. Who was informed of the King assassination, at the start of Chapter 4?
3. Who was Danny McGoff?
4. What does Chapter 1 say Colin Diver was affected by?
5. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
6. What did Colin do after he left his position at the mayor's office?
7. What did Rachel Twymon do in August 1967, according to Chapter 12?
8. What happened to Rachel Twymon, in Chapter 2?
9. Who was the Jenkins family, according to Chapter 5?
10. When did Rachel first meet King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Louise Day Hicks was well known for her dealings with school segregation and even claimed that Boston schools were not segregated. Discuss who Louise Day Hicks was and her involvement in the Boston School Committee. Examine popular opinion of Louise Day Hicks during the 1960s and conclude whether people's opinions of her were true. Use the text and secondary sources to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Project 76 was at Charlestown High, but the senior trip was canceled because of a teacher gambling away the money. Students actually believed that the reason was busing. Examine the ramifications of the truth not being revealed, for the students, teachers, and the community as a whole. Use the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two schools to compare the similarities and differences regarding the busing situation, including the students' reactions and reactions of the parents. Use the text to support your discussion and conclude which handled the mandatory busing policies in the most appropriate manner.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)