|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meeting did Alice McGoff start to attend, according to Chapter 15?
(a) Meetings of the segretation movement.
(b) Meetings of the school board.
(c) Meetings of the city council.
(d) Meetings to fight the busing.
2. What position was Boston's Mayor, Kevin White, offered in Chapter 28?
(a) An ambassadorial position.
(b) The economy secretary.
(c) The vice-presidential spot.
(d) The defense secretary.
3. What happened to the Methunion Manor project?
(a) It closed.
(b) It accepted only white applicants.
(c) It sold to a media company.
(d) It went bankrupt.
4. What happened when African-American kids qualified for sport teams?
(a) The school board resigned.
(b) Some of the Caucasian players quit.
(c) The coaches quit.
(d) All the Caucasian players quit.
5. When did Bod Murphy become headmaster of Charlestown high?
(a) October 14, 1975.
(b) October 24, 1975.
(c) October 24, 1976.
(d) June 24, 1975.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lisa McGoff decide to do in the wake of the attack on Ted Landsmark?
2. Where did Alice McGoff enroll three of her children in order to avoid busing?
3. Where did Cassandrea Twymon go to school after the busing started, according to Chapter 16?
4. What party did Cassandra and Rachel attend on the 4th of July?
5. Where was Billy McGoff's class trip supposed to bring them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the newspaper company building on October 7, 1974, in Chapter 24?
2. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
3. What happened by the end of the year, according to Chapter 17?
4. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
5. What did Cassandra and other students do?
6. What did Rachel see at the meeting she attended, in Chapter 16?
7. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
8. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
9. Who was Cardinal Cushing, according to Chapter 20?
10. What happened to Rachel's sons, Richard and George, as well as her daughter Rachel?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)