|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Medeiros help while in Texas?
(a) The underprivileged.
(b) Illegal immigrants.
(c) Texan farmers.
2. What does Chapter 27 say about Cassandra Twymon and Charlestown High?
(a) Cassandra loved it.
(b) Cassandra was glad she finished school.
(c) Cassandra wanted to teach there.
(d) Cassandra was uncomfortable going there.
3. Where did Alice McGoff enroll three of her children in order to avoid busing?
(a) In inner city Boston.
(b) In a home school program.
(c) In a suburban school district.
(d) Catholic schools.
4. Who came to Alva and her husband's assistance after the attacks against them?
(a) The I.D.D. organization.
(b) The H.E.L.P. organization.
(c) The R.U.N. organization.
(d) The S.C.A.R.E. organization.
5. What were Alva and her husband trying to buy, in Chapter 25?
(a) A house.
(b) A computer.
(c) A store.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rachel's children was put on probation after being arrested?
2. Who did the Powder Keg group start to contact after being unsatisfied with the treatment received from city hall and the courts?
3. What prison sentence did Rachel's son Frederick get?
4. What school did Cassandra receive her degree from?
5. Where was Billy McGoff's class trip supposed to bring them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Joan Diver's son assigned to, in Chapter 18?
2. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
3. What did Rachel institute?
4. What did Cassandra and other students do?
5. What did Medeiros do for Texas?
6. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
7. What did Lisa McGoff decide and what changed her mind?
8. What did Danny try to get his mother out of?
9. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
10. What happened at the newspaper company building on October 7, 1974, in Chapter 24?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)