|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Alva's husband?
(a) Roger Hicks.
(b) Mike Bedman.
(c) Steve Olver.
(d) Otis Bednam.
2. Why did Rachel senior institute legal action through the Department of Public Welfare?
(a) To have Rachel's baby found.
(b) To have Rachel returned to her.
(c) To have Cassandra and Rachel placed in a home.
(d) To have Cassandra get married.
3. What community did the Archdiocese support prior to Medeiros's arrival?
(a) The Irish community.
(b) The white community.
(c) The Mexican American community.
(d) The African American community.
4. What was the front page of the Boston Globe about on October 9, 1974?
(a) The sexual assault of a white girl by five African American juveniles.
(b) The Watergate scandal.
(c) Mayor White's reelection.
(d) The reopening of the Quincy Market.
5. What happened to Alva and her family when they settled in the Dorchester section of Boston?
(a) They crashed their car.
(b) A welcome party.
(c) Rocks were thrown at their windows.
(d) They had their first child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the demonstration Alice attended in Washington have low attendance?
2. What job was Rachel's sister able to get, according to Chapter 25?
3. What did Alice McGoff wake up to on September 8, 1975, according to Chapter 15?
4. What idea does Chapter 15 say Alice McGoff did not like?
5. Who were roaming the places where children were playing in the South End neighborhood, according to Chapter 22?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)