|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meeting did Alice McGoff start to attend, according to Chapter 15?
(a) Meetings to fight the busing.
(b) Meetings of the segretation movement.
(c) Meetings of the city council.
(d) Meetings of the school board.
2. What position was David Dretler appointed to, in Chapter 21?
(a) Receiver in bankruptcy.
(b) Chief of Police.
(c) President of Methunion Manor.
(d) CEO of United Way.
3. Why did the demonstration Alice attended in Washington have low attendance?
(a) Because of the rain.
(b) Because it was pro segregation.
(c) Because it was a week day.
(d) Because it was cold.
4. Why did Rachel senior institute legal action through the Department of Public Welfare?
(a) To have Rachel returned to her.
(b) To have Cassandra get married.
(c) To have Rachel's baby found.
(d) To have Cassandra and Rachel placed in a home.
5. What school was Joan Diver's son assigned to, according to Chapter 18?
(a) South End school.
(b) Lower Roxbury school.
(c) Boston Central school.
(d) Charlestown school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when African-American kids qualified for sport teams?
2. Where were Colin and Joan coming back from, at the start of Chapter 22?
3. What did the students believe caused the cancellation of their class trip, according to Chapter 17?
4. What does Chapter 27 say about Cassandra Twymon and Charlestown High?
5. Who received the Democratic nomination in 1972, according to Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lisa McGoff decide and what changed her mind?
2. What did Alice do to avoid busing, in Chapter 15?
3. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
4. What was the invisible line, as discussed in Chapter 25?
5. Who was Cardinal Cushing, according to Chapter 20?
6. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
7. What did Rachel see at the meeting she attended, in Chapter 16?
8. What did Rachel institute?
9. What was Lisa McGoff having nightmares of, in Chapter 26?
10. What happened by the end of the year, according to Chapter 17?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)