|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alice McGoff enroll three of her children in order to avoid busing?
(a) Catholic schools.
(b) In a home school program.
(c) In inner city Boston.
(d) In a suburban school district.
2. What happened to Alva and her family when they settled in the Dorchester section of Boston?
(a) Rocks were thrown at their windows.
(b) A welcome party.
(c) They had their first child.
(d) They crashed their car.
3. What comment did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
(a) Schools should be segregated.
(b) Women had no souls.
(c) He was not safe in South Boston.
(d) White people were superior to African Americans.
4. When did Alice go to a prayer march to oppose busing?
(a) The second week of school 1975.
(b) The second day of school 1975.
(c) The second day of school 1976.
(d) The third day of school 1975.
5. Who did Medeiros help while in Texas?
(b) Texan farmers.
(c) The underprivileged.
(d) Illegal immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who received a threatening call on March 1976, according to Chapter 26?
2. Who were roaming the places where children were playing in the South End neighborhood, according to Chapter 22?
3. What happened in Boston in 1976?
4. Who did the Powder Keg group start to contact after being unsatisfied with the treatment received from city hall and the courts?
5. What school was Joan Diver's son assigned to, according to Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alice do to avoid busing, in Chapter 15?
2. What did Medeiros do for Texas?
3. What happened to Rachel's sons, Richard and George, as well as her daughter Rachel?
4. What did Cassandra and other students do?
5. What was Lisa McGoff having nightmares of, in Chapter 26?
6. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
7. Who received the Democratic Presidential nomination, according to Chapter 28?
8. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
9. What happened on July 4?
10. What did Danny try to get his mother out of?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)