|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lisa McGoff befriend at an adventure-challenge camp?
(a) Black students from Roxbury.
(b) Rachel Twymon.
(c) White supremacists.
(d) Black social workers.
2. What happened on October 7, 1974, at the Boston Globe, according to Chapter 24?
(a) A fire.
(b) The editor in chief was let go.
(c) A strike.
(d) Shots were fired.
3. Who was arrested for threatening to burn Alva's house?
(a) William J. Flaherty and Mike Roger.
(b) William J. Flaherty.
(c) Stephen Mulrey and Sally Murley.
(d) Stephen Mulrey and William J. Flaherty.
4. What did Alva tell the case worker, in Chapter 27?
(a) She wanted to adopt Rachel.
(b) She wanted Cassandra out of the house.
(c) She was available to house other kids.
(d) She did not want Cassandra and Rachel with her any longer.
5. When did Frank Power resign his position as principal?
(a) October 2.
(b) October 26.
(c) June 25.
(d) October 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when African-American kids qualified for sport teams?
2. What education did Wayne Twymon pursue?
3. Where did the Powder Keg group originate?
4. What were Alva and her husband trying to buy, in Chapter 25?
5. What comment did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)