|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the invisible line discussed, in Chapter 25?
(a) Washington street.
(b) Adams circle.
(c) Rich Street.
(d) Kennedy Avenue.
2. What happened on October 7, 1974, at the Boston Globe, according to Chapter 24?
(a) Shots were fired.
(b) A strike.
(c) A fire.
(d) The editor in chief was let go.
3. Who did Medeiros help while in Texas?
(a) The underprivileged.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) Texan farmers.
4. What was Alice McGoff urging her co workers not to do, in Chapter 19?
(a) Not lose hope.
(b) Not go to work.
(c) Not vote for White.
(d) Not give to United Way.
5. What tradition did the Powder Keg group renew, according to Chapter 23?
(a) Violent protests.
(b) Hunger strikes.
(d) Town meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job was Rachel's sister able to get, according to Chapter 25?
2. What did Joan Diver become actively involved with, in Chapter 18?
3. Why did Rachel senior institute legal action through the Department of Public Welfare?
4. What was Alice unable to afford, according to Chapter 23?
5. What did Alice McGoff survive in Chapter 15?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)