|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many jobs were Alva and her husband working?
(a) 2 for Alva and 3 for her husband.
(b) 2 each.
(c) 3 each.
(d) 1 each.
2. What was Alice McGoff urging her co workers not to do, in Chapter 19?
(a) Not give to United Way.
(b) Not lose hope.
(c) Not go to work.
(d) Not vote for White.
3. What did the Powder Keg group oppose, in Chapter 23?
(c) Kevin White reelection.
(d) Forced integration.
4. Who was the Boston Globe editor in 1974?
(a) Tim Winship.
(b) Alex Roberts.
(c) Alice McGoff.
(d) Colin Diver.
5. What did Colin start wondering, in Chapter 22?
(a) If he wanted to move to England.
(b) If he wanted other children.
(c) If the South End was where he wanted them to live.
(d) If city hall was good for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Methunion Manor project?
2. What happened in Boston in 1976?
3. What did Alice McGoff wake up to on September 8, 1975, according to Chapter 15?
4. Where did Alice McGoff enroll three of her children in order to avoid busing?
5. Who did Lisa McGoff befriend at an adventure-challenge camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cassandra and other students do?
2. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
3. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
4. Who was Cardinal Cushing, according to Chapter 20?
5. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
6. What was going on with Cassandra Twymon at school, in Chapter 27?
7. What happened by the end of the year, according to Chapter 17?
8. What did Medeiros do for Texas?
9. What difference was there between Alice and her family and friends?
10. What was Lisa McGoff having nightmares of, in Chapter 26?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)