|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan Diver become actively involved with, in Chapter 18?
(a) The school board.
(b) Philanthropic organizations.
(c) Segregation protests.
(d) The city council.
2. Why did the demonstration Alice attended in Washington have low attendance?
(a) Because it was pro segregation.
(b) Because of the rain.
(c) Because it was cold.
(d) Because it was a week day.
3. What job was Rachel's sister able to get, according to Chapter 25?
(a) Computer operator.
(b) Camera operator.
(c) Radar operator.
(d) Store manager.
4. Who were roaming the places where children were playing in the South End neighborhood, according to Chapter 22?
(a) Drug dealers.
(c) Homeless people.
(d) Police patrols.
5. Which of Rachel's children was put on probation after being arrested?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prison sentence did Rachel's son Frederick get?
2. What was Alice unable to afford, according to Chapter 23?
3. Why was United Way targeted by protesters, according to Chapter 19?
4. Where were Colin and Joan coming back from, at the start of Chapter 22?
5. Who became pregnant, in Chapter 21, and had her baby placed for adoption?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Danny try to get his mother out of?
2. What did Alice McGoff oppose, in Chapter 23?
3. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
4. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
5. What did Cassandra and other students do?
6. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
7. Who received the Democratic Presidential nomination, according to Chapter 28?
8. What did Rachel see at the meeting she attended, in Chapter 16?
9. What did Medeiros do for Texas?
10. What happened to Rachel's sons, Richard and George, as well as her daughter Rachel?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)