|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the invisible line discussed, in Chapter 25?
(a) Adams circle.
(b) Kennedy Avenue.
(c) Rich Street.
(d) Washington street.
2. Which of Rachel's children was put on probation after being arrested?
3. What was the community successful in doing in 1975, according to Chapter 15?
(a) Keeping Charlestown High School from being a magnet.
(b) Having Colin Diver fired.
(c) Re-segregating the school.
(d) Ousting Mayor White.
4. What position was Boston's Mayor, Kevin White, offered in Chapter 28?
(a) An ambassadorial position.
(b) The vice-presidential spot.
(c) The defense secretary.
(d) The economy secretary.
5. Who were roaming the places where children were playing in the South End neighborhood, according to Chapter 22?
(a) Homeless people.
(b) Drug dealers.
(d) Police patrols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rachel's church propose to have setup on the first floor of the Methunion Manor.?
2. What education did Wayne Twymon pursue?
3. Where did the Powder Keg group originate?
4. What were Alva and her husband trying to buy, in Chapter 25?
5. Why did Rachel senior institute legal action through the Department of Public Welfare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rachel's sons, Richard and George, as well as her daughter Rachel?
2. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
3. What happened to Colin and Joan, in Chapter 22?
4. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
5. What was the invisible line, as discussed in Chapter 25?
6. What difference was there between Alice and her family and friends?
7. What did Alice do to avoid busing, in Chapter 15?
8. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
9. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
10. Who received the Democratic Presidential nomination, according to Chapter 28?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)