|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who received the Democratic nomination in 1972, according to Chapter 28?
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Kevin White.
2. Why was United Way targeted by protesters, according to Chapter 19?
(a) It had contributed to financing the busing.
(b) It was financing segregation politicians.
(c) It was laying off workers.
(d) It was financing black organizations.
3. Who was the Boston Globe editor in 1974?
(a) Colin Diver.
(b) Alex Roberts.
(c) Alice McGoff.
(d) Tim Winship.
4. What project was Billy McGoff active in, according to Chapter 17?
(a) Project 76.
(b) Project 96.
(c) Project 6.
(d) Project 86.
5. Who was Alice McGoff working for, at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) The Boston Port Authority.
(b) New England Telephone Company.
(c) The Navy.
(d) City Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Chapter 15 say Alice McGoff did not like?
2. Why did the demonstration Alice attended in Washington have low attendance?
3. What did Rachel's church start, in Chapter 21?
4. What did the students believe caused the cancellation of their class trip, according to Chapter 17?
5. What did Alice McGoff survive in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Cardinal Cushing, according to Chapter 20?
2. What was Joan Diver's son assigned to, in Chapter 18?
3. What happened to Colin and Joan, in Chapter 22?
4. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
5. What was Lisa McGoff having nightmares of, in Chapter 26?
6. What was going on with Cassandra Twymon at school, in Chapter 27?
7. What did Medeiros do for Texas?
8. What did Rachel see at the meeting she attended, in Chapter 16?
9. What was the invisible line, as discussed in Chapter 25?
10. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)