|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Powder Keg group originate?
(a) Boston North.
(c) New York.
(d) South End.
2. Who appeared in Charleston and faced deep resentment, according to Chapter 15?
(a) Malcom X.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) Kevin White.
3. Why was Billy McGoff's class trip canceled at the beginning of the senior year?
(a) Too few kids wanted to go.
(b) The busing was too expensive.
(c) Terrorist threats.
(d) The teacher lost the money gambling.
4. What happened to the applicants requesting commercial space at the Methunion Manor?
(a) They were asked to pay upfront.
(b) They were accepted.
(c) They were beaten.
(d) They were rejected.
5. Who did Medeiros help while in Texas?
(b) The underprivileged.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) Texan farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rachel's church propose to have setup on the first floor of the Methunion Manor.?
2. What tradition did the Powder Keg group renew, according to Chapter 23?
3. What does Chapter 27 say about Cassandra Twymon and Charlestown High?
4. What did the Kiernan Commission decide, according to Chapter 20?
5. What did Colin start wondering, in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on July 4?
2. What happened to Rachel's sons, Richard and George, as well as her daughter Rachel?
3. What was Joan Diver's son assigned to, in Chapter 18?
4. What happened by the end of the year, according to Chapter 17?
5. What did Alice McGoff oppose, in Chapter 23?
6. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
7. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
8. What happened at the newspaper company building on October 7, 1974, in Chapter 24?
9. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
10. What happened to Colin and Joan, in Chapter 22?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)