|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were roaming the places where children were playing in the South End neighborhood, according to Chapter 22?
(b) Drug dealers.
(c) Police patrols.
(d) Homeless people.
2. When did Bod Murphy become headmaster of Charlestown high?
(a) October 24, 1976.
(b) October 14, 1975.
(c) October 24, 1975.
(d) June 24, 1975.
3. What was the front page of the Boston Globe about on October 9, 1974?
(a) The Watergate scandal.
(b) Mayor White's reelection.
(c) The reopening of the Quincy Market.
(d) The sexual assault of a white girl by five African American juveniles.
4. What comment did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
(a) White people were superior to African Americans.
(b) He was not safe in South Boston.
(c) Women had no souls.
(d) Schools should be segregated.
5. What position was David Dretler appointed to, in Chapter 21?
(a) Receiver in bankruptcy.
(b) Chief of Police.
(c) President of Methunion Manor.
(d) CEO of United Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was United Way targeted by protesters, according to Chapter 19?
2. What did Danny join against his mother's will?
3. Where did Alice McGoff enroll three of her children in order to avoid busing?
4. What prison sentence did Rachel's son Frederick get?
5. What position was Boston's Mayor, Kevin White, offered in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
2. What did Cassandra and other students do?
3. What was Lisa McGoff having nightmares of, in Chapter 26?
4. What did Rachel institute?
5. What did Alice McGoff oppose, in Chapter 23?
6. What did Danny try to get his mother out of?
7. What was published on the front page of the newspaper on October 9, 1975?
8. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
9. What did Medeiros do for Texas?
10. What did Rachel see at the meeting she attended, in Chapter 16?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)