|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Chapter 15 say Alice McGoff did not like?
(a) Reelecting the school board.
(b) Disbanding the bus driver union.
(d) Mandatory busing.
2. What were Alva and her husband trying to buy, in Chapter 25?
(a) A house.
(b) A computer.
(c) A car.
(d) A store.
3. What did Lisa McGoff decide to do in the wake of the attack on Ted Landsmark?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Go to St. Patrick's.
(c) Join the Black Panthers.
(d) Not return to Charlestown High.
4. Where was Billy McGoff's class trip supposed to bring them?
(a) Boston, England.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) York, England.
5. Who called for police when a group threatened to burn Alva's house?
(a) A concerned neighbor.
(b) Alva's husband.
(c) An undercover officer.
(d) A retired officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the students believe caused the cancellation of their class trip, according to Chapter 17?
2. Where did the Powder Keg group originate?
3. Who was the Boston Globe editor in 1974?
4. When did Alice go to a prayer march to oppose busing?
5. What did Alice McGoff wake up to on September 8, 1975, according to Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rachel institute?
2. Where was Alice McGoff working, at the start of Chapter 19?
3. What did Danny try to get his mother out of?
4. What happened to Colin and Joan, in Chapter 22?
5. What happened on July 4?
6. What did parents of Bancroft students do together?
7. What did Rachel see at the meeting she attended, in Chapter 16?
8. What statement did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
9. What was Joan Diver's son assigned to, in Chapter 18?
10. Who was Cardinal Cushing, according to Chapter 20?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)