|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What party did Cassandra and Rachel attend on the 4th of July?
(a) Alva's party.
(b) Colin Cover's party.
(c) The city hall party.
(d) Rachel's party.
2. What community did the Archdiocese support prior to Medeiros's arrival?
(a) The Irish community.
(b) The African American community.
(c) The white community.
(d) The Mexican American community.
3. Where did the Boston Cardinal grow up, according to Chapter 20?
(a) Rapid Creek.
(b) Fall River.
4. What did Alice's friends and family refuse to discuss with her?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Busing issues.
(d) Her children's actions.
5. Who called for police when a group threatened to burn Alva's house?
(a) A retired officer.
(b) An undercover officer.
(c) A concerned neighbor.
(d) Alva's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alva tell the case worker, in Chapter 27?
2. Who was the Boston Globe editor in 1974?
3. What school was Joan Diver's son assigned to, according to Chapter 18?
4. What happened when African-American kids qualified for sport teams?
5. When did Frank Power resign his position as principal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened by the end of the year, according to Chapter 17?
2. Who was Cardinal Cushing, according to Chapter 20?
3. What did Lisa McGoff decide and what changed her mind?
4. What did Colin begin to wonder?
5. What happened to Colin and Joan, in Chapter 22?
6. What happened at the newspaper company building on October 7, 1974, in Chapter 24?
7. What was Lisa McGoff having nightmares of, in Chapter 26?
8. What strained the relationship between Mayor Kevin White and the Kennedy family?
9. What did Alice do to avoid busing, in Chapter 15?
10. What happened with the trip to Boston, in Chapter 17?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)