|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Chapter 9 say was an embarrassment for the Kennedy administration?
(a) A boycott of the Boston schools.
(b) The death of Robert Kennedy.
(c) The election of Louise Day Hicks.
(d) The election of Nixon.
2. For whom did Colin work, at the start of Chapter 13?
(a) Sam Merrick
(b) Barney Frank.
(c) Rosy O'Donnel.
(d) Kevin White.
3. What did Rachel Twymon not know about four of her sons when she opened her store one morning in Chapter 2?
(a) They were at school.
(b) They were dead.
(c) They were in the crowd looting and roaming.
(d) They were in prison.
4. What category of people wanted to move to South End in the early 70s?
(a) Young professionals.
5. Whom did the Jenkins family migrate to Nova Scotia with?
(a) Their friends.
(b) With their flock.
(d) Their owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 1 say many law school students were avoiding?
2. What was Frederick's daughter's name?
3. What did Louise Day Hicks claim about the Boston schools?
4. What extra curricular activity did Colin Diver do that Chapter 1 says opened the door to the best jobs?
5. What was involved in the desegregation of the Boston school system?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
2. Who did Ralph Hoaglund, founder of CVS, and others work for?
3. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
4. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
5. Who was informed of the King assassination, at the start of Chapter 4?
6. Which of Alice McGoff's family members immigrated to Boston, returned to Ireland, and then went back to Boston?
7. Who was the Jenkins family, according to Chapter 5?
8. When did Rachel first meet King?
9. Who was Dr. John McKechnie, according to Chapter 7?
10. What happened to Rachel Twymon, in Chapter 2?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)