|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Rachel when she first met Martin Luther King?
2. What did Rachel successfully do in August 1967?
(a) Found a husband.
(b) Moved in New York.
(c) Secured a SBA loan.
(d) Found a job.
3. Where did Colin live in Chapter 11?
(a) The Inner city.
(c) The South End.
(d) The suburbs.
4. What did Colin and his wife want to do in the South End, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Create a school.
(b) Buy a store.
(c) Create social services.
(d) Buy a house.
5. For whom did Colin work, at the start of Chapter 13?
(a) Kevin White.
(b) Rosy O'Donnel.
(c) Sam Merrick
(d) Barney Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 13 say about Colin's expectations of what government could and couldn't do in the area of social justice?
2. Whom did the Jenkins family migrate to Nova Scotia with?
3. Where was Ben Diver originally from, according to Chapter 7?
4. How many children did Joseph McKechnie have?
5. Whom does Chapter 4 say was with Colin Diver when he listened to Mayor's White speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
2. How did the Boston School Committee react to a case study?
3. What does Chapter 9 of Common Ground begin with, and why is Louise Day Hicks significant?
4. What projects did Colin work on, in Chapter 13, and how did Colin compare himself with the Boston mayor?
5. What did Rachel Twymon do in August 1967, according to Chapter 12?
6. In Chapter 14, what judge was assigned to the civil rights case, Morgan v Hennigan?
7. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
8. Which of Alice McGoff's family members immigrated to Boston, returned to Ireland, and then went back to Boston?
9. What does Chapter 1 say Colin Diver was affected by?
10. What did Hiran do to his name?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)