|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 9 say was outlawed in 1965?
(a) Forced desegregation.
(b) The busing system.
(c) Owning a gun.
(d) The de facto school segregation in Massachusetts.
2. What was Colin working on, at the start of Chapter 13?
(a) Federal funding.
(b) School segregation.
(c) Sewage problems.
(d) Traffic congestion.
3. How many children did Joseph McKechnie have?
4. How did Chapter 9 start?
(a) With the assassination of Martin Luther King.
(b) With the election of Nixon.
(c) With the end of the Vietnam War.
(d) With graduation at Cambell Junior high School.
5. When did Charles McKechnie die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 5 say about Quinnie having many of?
2. What does Chapter 11 say the South End once was?
3. What was Louise Day Hicks known to be?
4. Whom did Colin Diver speak to concerning his interest in working for the city of Boston?
5. What performance did Rachel Twymon attend, at the start of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Danny McGoff?
2. Which of Alice McGoff's family members immigrated to Boston, returned to Ireland, and then went back to Boston?
3. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
4. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
5. What happened to Rachel Twymon, in Chapter 2?
6. Who did Ralph Hoaglund, founder of CVS, and others work for?
7. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
8. When did Rachel first meet King?
9. Where does Alice McGoff's family come from, according to Chapter 6?
10. What projects did Colin work on, in Chapter 13, and how did Colin compare himself with the Boston mayor?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)