|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Louise Day Hicks want to get into public office?
(a) To institute school segregation.
(b) To carry on her father's work.
(c) To prevent school integration.
(d) To eventually get to Congress.
2. Who employed the Bennefields after they were freed following the Civil War?
(a) The McGoffs.
(b) The Dreshams.
(c) The Divers.
(d) The Whites.
3. Whom did Colin Diver speak to concerning his interest in working for the city of Boston?
(a) Barney Frank.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Alice McGoff.
(d) Kevin White.
4. Why was Heywood Twymon jailed several times?
(a) For non-support.
(b) For abuse.
(c) For robbery.
(d) For theft.
5. What was Frederick's daughter's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ben Diver originally from, according to Chapter 7?
2. What does Chapter 13 say about Colin's expectations of what government could and couldn't do in the area of social justice?
3. Who was with Colin Diver when he was listening to radio reports on the riots in 1968?
4. When did Charles McKechnie die?
5. When did Fanny Walker relocate to Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Colin do after he left his position at the mayor's office?
2. Who was Dr. John McKechnie, according to Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 14, what judge was assigned to the civil rights case, Morgan v Hennigan?
4. What formed in Charlestown during Alice McGoff's childhood, in Chapter 10?
5. Why was Colin impressed with South End in Chapter 11?
6. What did Rachel Twymon become involved in, according to Chapter 8?
7. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
8. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
9. What did Rachel help found after moving to Methunion Manor?
10. Who was Colin Diver, according to Chapter 1 of Common Ground?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)