|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Colin learn about the Boston mayor's ambitions?
(a) White wanted to go to Congress.
(b) White didn't want to be mayor.
(c) Mayorship was just a stepping stone.
(d) White wanted to concentrate on Boston.
2. What did Rachel Twymon not know about four of her sons when she opened her store one morning in Chapter 2?
(a) They were dead.
(b) They were at school.
(c) They were in prison.
(d) They were in the crowd looting and roaming.
3. What school did Rachel Twymon's children attend, according to Chapter 8?
(a) Charlestwon School.
(b) South End School.
(c) Boston High School.
(d) Gibson school.
4. What extra curricular activity did Colin Diver do that Chapter 1 says opened the door to the best jobs?
(a) Editor of the Boston College Journal of Medicine.
(b) Director of the Stanford Ballet Association.
(c) Editor of the Harvard Law Review.
(d) Captain of the football team.
5. What did Rachel decide to do, at the start of Chapter 12?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Move out of Boston.
(c) Find a new husband.
(d) Move out of the Orchard Park project.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Arthur Garrity become a judge?
2. What did Colin notice while driving the South End ?
3. Who canceled James Brown's concert after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
4. What case was Judge Arthur Garrity assigned to, at the start of Chapter 14?
5. What was Frederick's daughter's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the decision released on June 21, 1974?
2. Why were people buying property in the South End area?
3. Why was Colin impressed with South End in Chapter 11?
4. Who lived at the Bunker Hill housing project, according to Chapter 3?
5. What did Hiran do to his name?
6. In Chapter 14, what judge was assigned to the civil rights case, Morgan v Hennigan?
7. What happened to Rachel?
8. Who was the Jenkins family, according to Chapter 5?
9. What formed in Charlestown during Alice McGoff's childhood, in Chapter 10?
10. What did Bernie Kirk feel about the Kennedy family?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)