|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bod Murphy become headmaster of Charlestown high?
(a) October 24, 1975.
(b) October 24, 1976.
(c) June 24, 1975.
(d) October 14, 1975.
2. Who did the Powder Keg group meet in Washington?
(a) Alexander McKena.
(b) Tip O'Neill.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. What did Cassandra Twymon's teachers think about her?
(a) She was doing her best.
(b) She was not very bright.
(c) She was not working up to her potential.
(d) She was a trouble maker.
4. What happened to Ted Landsmark, in Chapter 17?
(a) He had a car accident.
(b) He was elected as a council member.
(c) He died.
(d) He was attacked by townies.
5. Who did the Powder Keg group start to contact after being unsatisfied with the treatment received from city hall and the courts?
(a) Their congressmen.
(b) The governor's office.
(c) The President.
(d) The Senate.
6. Who was arrested for threatening to burn Alva's house?
(a) William J. Flaherty and Mike Roger.
(b) Stephen Mulrey and William J. Flaherty.
(c) Stephen Mulrey and Sally Murley.
(d) William J. Flaherty.
7. What education did Wayne Twymon pursue?
(a) He dropped out of school.
(c) Medical School.
(d) Police Academy.
8. Where were Colin and Joan coming back from, at the start of Chapter 22?
(a) A school meeting.
(b) The theater.
(c) A concert.
(d) City Hall.
9. What was Alice unable to afford, according to Chapter 23?
(a) Move to the suburbs.
(b) Good schools for her children.
(d) Medical care.
10. What school was Joan Diver's son assigned to, according to Chapter 18?
(a) Boston Central school.
(b) South End school.
(c) Lower Roxbury school.
(d) Charlestown school.
11. When did Frank Power resign his position as principal?
(a) October 25.
(b) October 2.
(c) June 25.
(d) October 26.
12. What prison sentence did Rachel's son Frederick get?
(a) 15 to 20 years.
(b) 2.5 years.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 3 years.
13. Who received the Democratic nomination in 1972, according to Chapter 28?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Kevin White.
(d) Richard Nixon.
14. What community did the Archdiocese support prior to Medeiros's arrival?
(a) The African American community.
(b) The Mexican American community.
(c) The Irish community.
(d) The white community.
15. What meeting did Alice McGoff start to attend, according to Chapter 15?
(a) Meetings of the school board.
(b) Meetings of the city council.
(c) Meetings to fight the busing.
(d) Meetings of the segretation movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who received a threatening call on March 1976, according to Chapter 26?
2. When did Alice go to a prayer march to oppose busing?
3. Who was Alva's husband?
4. What idea does Chapter 15 say Alice McGoff did not like?
5. Who was Alice protesting in front of, according to Chapter 19?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)