|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Cardinal Medeiros's predecessor?
(a) Cardinal Totil.
(b) Cardinal Kent.
(c) Cardinal Cushing.
(d) Cardinal Hersel.
2. What community did the Archdiocese support prior to Medeiros's arrival?
(a) The Mexican American community.
(b) The African American community.
(c) The Irish community.
(d) The white community.
3. Who pressured the Methunion Manor to accept applicants and rent its commercial space?
(a) Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(b) Mayor White.
(c) The black community.
(d) The Boston Chamber of Commerce.
4. What happened when African-American kids qualified for sport teams?
(a) All the Caucasian players quit.
(b) The school board resigned.
(c) Some of the Caucasian players quit.
(d) The coaches quit.
5. What prison sentence did Rachel's son Frederick get?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2.5 years.
(d) 15 to 20 years.
6. Whom does Chapter 23 says attended Powder Keg meetings regularly?
(a) Joan Diver.
(b) Kevin White.
(c) Alice McGoff.
(d) Rachel Twymon.
7. Who did Lisa McGoff befriend at an adventure-challenge camp?
(a) Black students from Roxbury.
(b) Black social workers.
(c) Rachel Twymon.
(d) White supremacists.
8. Who was Medeiros not close to, according to Chapter 20?
(b) Rich people.
(c) White people.
9. Who received the Democratic nomination in 1972, according to Chapter 28?
(a) Kevin White.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
10. Who became pregnant, in Chapter 21, and had her baby placed for adoption?
(a) Rachel's daughter Rachel.
(c) Sophia Cover.
11. What did Colin start wondering, in Chapter 22?
(a) If he wanted to move to England.
(b) If city hall was good for him.
(c) If he wanted other children.
(d) If the South End was where he wanted them to live.
12. Who was the Boston Globe editor in 1974?
(a) Alice McGoff.
(b) Tim Winship.
(c) Colin Diver.
(d) Alex Roberts.
13. What did Alice McGoff survive in Chapter 15?
(a) A mugging.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A brief skirmish with the police.
(d) A fire.
14. When did Bod Murphy become headmaster of Charlestown high?
(a) October 24, 1975.
(b) October 14, 1975.
(c) October 24, 1976.
(d) June 24, 1975.
15. Who was arrested for threatening to burn Alva's house?
(a) William J. Flaherty.
(b) Stephen Mulrey and Sally Murley.
(c) Stephen Mulrey and William J. Flaherty.
(d) William J. Flaherty and Mike Roger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Medeiros help while in Texas?
2. What did the Powder Keg group oppose, in Chapter 23?
3. Who did the Powder Keg group meet in Washington?
4. Who called for police when a group threatened to burn Alva's house?
5. What did the Kiernan Commission decide, according to Chapter 20?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)