|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment did the Cardinal make that caused an uproar?
(a) White people were superior to African Americans.
(b) Schools should be segregated.
(c) Women had no souls.
(d) He was not safe in South Boston.
2. What issue did Kevin White always try to avoid, according to Chapter 28?
(b) The sewage problem.
(c) The school segregation issue.
(d) Violence in Boston inner city.
3. What was the community successful in doing in 1975, according to Chapter 15?
(a) Ousting Mayor White.
(b) Keeping Charlestown High School from being a magnet.
(c) Having Colin Diver fired.
(d) Re-segregating the school.
4. Who came to Alva and her husband's assistance after the attacks against them?
(a) The R.U.N. organization.
(b) The I.D.D. organization.
(c) The S.C.A.R.E. organization.
(d) The H.E.L.P. organization.
5. Who became pregnant, in Chapter 21, and had her baby placed for adoption?
(a) Rachel's daughter Rachel.
(d) Sophia Cover.
6. What education did Wayne Twymon pursue?
(b) Police Academy.
(c) Medical School.
(d) He dropped out of school.
7. What idea does Chapter 15 say Alice McGoff did not like?
(a) Reelecting the school board.
(b) Disbanding the bus driver union.
(d) Mandatory busing.
8. What did Colin start wondering, in Chapter 22?
(a) If the South End was where he wanted them to live.
(b) If he wanted to move to England.
(c) If city hall was good for him.
(d) If he wanted other children.
9. What school did Cassandra receive her degree from?
(a) Boston Central.
(b) South End High.
(c) Charlestown High.
(d) The Police Academy.
10. What did Danny join against his mother's will?
(a) The police academy.
(b) A gang.
(c) The crowd.
11. Who was Medeiros not close to, according to Chapter 20?
(b) Rich people.
(c) White people.
12. What was Alice McGoff urging her co workers not to do, in Chapter 19?
(a) Not give to United Way.
(b) Not go to work.
(c) Not lose hope.
(d) Not vote for White.
13. What did Alva tell the case worker, in Chapter 27?
(a) She was available to house other kids.
(b) She did not want Cassandra and Rachel with her any longer.
(c) She wanted Cassandra out of the house.
(d) She wanted to adopt Rachel.
14. Why was United Way targeted by protesters, according to Chapter 19?
(a) It was laying off workers.
(b) It was financing segregation politicians.
(c) It had contributed to financing the busing.
(d) It was financing black organizations.
15. What did Rachel's church propose to have setup on the first floor of the Methunion Manor.?
(a) A shopping center open only to African Americans.
(b) A prayer center.
(c) A free medical clinic.
(d) A shopping center of African American owned businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pressured the Methunion Manor to accept applicants and rent its commercial space?
2. Who called for police when a group threatened to burn Alva's house?
3. What were Alva and her husband trying to buy, in Chapter 25?
4. What became Boston's primary concern at the end of 1975?
5. What position was Boston's Mayor, Kevin White, offered in Chapter 28?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)