|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Ted Landsmark, in Chapter 17?
(a) He was elected as a council member.
(b) He had a car accident.
(c) He died.
(d) He was attacked by townies.
2. Who was Alice protesting in front of, according to Chapter 19?
(a) United Way's headquarters.
(b) New England Telephone Company's president.
(c) Mayor White's house.
(d) The city hall.
3. Who received a threatening call on March 1976, according to Chapter 26?
(a) Rachel Twymun.
(c) Lisa McGoff.
(d) Colin Cover.
4. Whom does Chapter 23 says attended Powder Keg meetings regularly?
(a) Rachel Twymon.
(b) Kevin White.
(c) Joan Diver.
(d) Alice McGoff.
5. What happened in Boston in 1976?
(a) The town bicentennial.
(b) The busing system collapsed.
(c) Parents began to protest violently.
(d) The Jude Market reopened.
6. Who received the Democratic nomination in 1972, according to Chapter 28?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(d) Kevin White.
7. Who came to Alva and her husband's assistance after the attacks against them?
(a) The I.D.D. organization.
(b) The H.E.L.P. organization.
(c) The S.C.A.R.E. organization.
(d) The R.U.N. organization.
8. What did Alice's friends and family refuse to discuss with her?
(b) Busing issues.
(c) Her children's actions.
(d) Her husband.
9. Why was Billy McGoff's class trip canceled at the beginning of the senior year?
(a) The busing was too expensive.
(b) Terrorist threats.
(c) Too few kids wanted to go.
(d) The teacher lost the money gambling.
10. What did Alice McGoff wake up to on September 8, 1975, according to Chapter 15?
(a) A break in.
(d) A baby crying.
11. What prison sentence did Rachel's son Frederick get?
(a) 15 to 20 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 2.5 years.
12. What party did Cassandra and Rachel attend on the 4th of July?
(a) Rachel's party.
(b) The city hall party.
(c) Colin Cover's party.
(d) Alva's party.
13. Who was Cardinal Medeiros's predecessor?
(a) Cardinal Hersel.
(b) Cardinal Totil.
(c) Cardinal Kent.
(d) Cardinal Cushing.
14. What does Chapter 27 say about Cassandra Twymon and Charlestown High?
(a) Cassandra was uncomfortable going there.
(b) Cassandra wanted to teach there.
(c) Cassandra was glad she finished school.
(d) Cassandra loved it.
15. Who did Lisa McGoff befriend at an adventure-challenge camp?
(a) Black social workers.
(b) Rachel Twymon.
(c) White supremacists.
(d) Black students from Roxbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rachel's church propose to have setup on the first floor of the Methunion Manor.?
2. What did Bob Murphy make clear when he became headmaster?
3. What did the Kiernan Commission decide, according to Chapter 20?
4. Who appeared in Charleston and faced deep resentment, according to Chapter 15?
5. What did Rachel's church start, in Chapter 21?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)