|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Cardinal Medeiros's predecessor?
(a) Cardinal Hersel.
(b) Cardinal Cushing.
(c) Cardinal Totil.
(d) Cardinal Kent.
2. What happened to Ted Landsmark, in Chapter 17?
(a) He died.
(b) He had a car accident.
(c) He was attacked by townies.
(d) He was elected as a council member.
3. Where was the invisible line discussed, in Chapter 25?
(a) Rich Street.
(b) Washington street.
(c) Kennedy Avenue.
(d) Adams circle.
4. Who did Medeiros help while in Texas?
(b) The underprivileged.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) Texan farmers.
5. What community did the Archdiocese support prior to Medeiros's arrival?
(a) The African American community.
(b) The white community.
(c) The Mexican American community.
(d) The Irish community.
6. What did Cassandra and Rachel Twymon do in Chapter 27?
(a) Got pregnant.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Moved out of the house.
7. When did Frank Power resign his position as principal?
(a) October 26.
(b) October 25.
(c) October 2.
(d) June 25.
8. Why did the demonstration Alice attended in Washington have low attendance?
(a) Because it was cold.
(b) Because it was a week day.
(c) Because of the rain.
(d) Because it was pro segregation.
9. Who was Alice protesting in front of, according to Chapter 19?
(a) New England Telephone Company's president.
(b) Mayor White's house.
(c) The city hall.
(d) United Way's headquarters.
10. What happened to Alva and her family when they settled in the Dorchester section of Boston?
(a) They had their first child.
(b) They crashed their car.
(c) Rocks were thrown at their windows.
(d) A welcome party.
11. Who was Alva's husband?
(a) Steve Olver.
(b) Mike Bedman.
(c) Otis Bednam.
(d) Roger Hicks.
12. Why was United Way targeted by protesters, according to Chapter 19?
(a) It was laying off workers.
(b) It was financing segregation politicians.
(c) It had contributed to financing the busing.
(d) It was financing black organizations.
13. What did Bob Murphy make clear when he became headmaster?
(a) Blacks would not be forced out of school.
(b) Desegregation was a bad thing.
(c) Segregation was his goal.
(d) White students would get a better education.
14. Which of Rachel's children was put on probation after being arrested?
15. What happened to the Methunion Manor project?
(a) It sold to a media company.
(b) It went bankrupt.
(c) It closed.
(d) It accepted only white applicants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meeting did Alice McGoff start to attend, according to Chapter 15?
2. Who received the Democratic nomination in 1972, according to Chapter 28?
3. What did the Kiernan Commission decide, according to Chapter 20?
4. What school did Cassandra receive her degree from?
5. What did Lisa McGoff decide to do in the wake of the attack on Ted Landsmark?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)