|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rachel decide to do, at the start of Chapter 12?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Move out of the Orchard Park project.
(c) Move out of Boston.
(d) Find a new husband.
2. For whom did Ben Colin work?
(a) MIT biology lab.
(b) MIT computer lab.
(c) MIT photo lab.
(d) MIT physics lab.
3. What did Colin and his wife want to do in the South End, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Create a school.
(b) Create social services.
(c) Buy a store.
(d) Buy a house.
4. What organization did Ralph Hoaglund found?
5. What gang was Alice McGoff's son Danny a part of?
(a) The Eagles.
(b) The Dark Shrine.
(c) The Green Store.
(d) The 66.
6. What was Louise Day Hicks known to be?
(a) A liberal.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A saint.
(d) A bigot.
7. What school did Rachel Twymon send her younger children to?
(a) St. Vincent's.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Harvey's.
(d) St. Patrick's.
8. What did Rachel successfully do in August 1967?
(a) Found a husband.
(b) Found a job.
(c) Moved in New York.
(d) Secured a SBA loan.
9. How did the Boston officials try to calm the African-American community after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
(a) Used police.
(b) Called in the National Guard.
(c) Let the riots die out.
(d) Used the African-American leaders instead of the police.
10. What organization worked to raise money and improve the condition in the African-American community in Boston?
11. Who employed the Bennefields after they were freed following the Civil War?
(a) The Whites.
(b) The McGoffs.
(c) The Dreshams.
(d) The Divers.
12. Why did Louise Day Hicks want to get into public office?
(a) To prevent school integration.
(b) To institute school segregation.
(c) To carry on her father's work.
(d) To eventually get to Congress.
13. When did Owen Kirk move to Roodstown, according to Chapter 6?
14. Why did Alice McGoff lose her income?
(a) She was fired.
(b) Her alimony checks stopped coming.
(c) The Navy yard closed.
(d) Her social security ran out.
15. What position was Louise Day Hicks elected to in the spring of 1961?
(c) Sixth District Judge.
(d) The Boston School Committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Colin live in Chapter 11?
2. What event does Chapter 1 say affected Diver?
3. Where was Ben Diver originally from, according to Chapter 7?
4. How did Chapter 9 start?
5. What did Colin notice while driving the South End ?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)