|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What case was Judge Arthur Garrity assigned to, at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) Morgan vs Board of Education.
(b) Tally vs City Hall.
(c) Hick vs Hennigan.
(d) Morgan vs Hennigan.
2. Who was with Colin Diver when he was listening to radio reports on the riots in 1968?
(a) His father Joe.
(b) His friend Mike.
(c) His wife Joan.
(d) His sister Margaret.
3. Who canceled James Brown's concert after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
(a) The New England Conservatory of Music
(b) The House of Blues.
(c) The Boston Gardens.
(d) The Symphony Hall.
4. When did Arthur Garrity release his decision in the civil right case mentioned in Chapter 14?
(a) June 21, 1975.
(b) July 21, 1974.
(c) June 21, 1974.
(d) June 2, 1974.
5. What degree(s) did Louise Day Hicks have?
(b) Education and Psychology.
(c) Education and law.
6. Who employed the Bennefields after they were freed following the Civil War?
(a) The Whites.
(b) The Dreshams.
(c) The Divers.
(d) The McGoffs.
7. What happened to the South End after it became a slum?
(a) It was abandoned.
(b) It was rebuilt.
(c) It was revitalized.
(d) It was destroyed.
8. What area did Colin live in?
(a) The Hety Project.
(b) The Gand Project.
(c) The Long area.
(d) The Brighton area.
9. What was John McKechnie's profession?
10. How did Colin Diver avoid the draft?
(a) By having two left feet.
(b) His father was a politician.
(c) By being a student and a father.
(d) By pretending to be homosexual.
11. Where did the Jenkins son move for employment?
(b) New York.
(c) San Fransisco.
12. Who was Joseph McKechnie?
(a) John's father.
(b) John's brother.
(c) John's third oldest son.
(d) John's third yougest son.
13. What school was Coline Diver attending in Chapter 1?
(a) Boston College School of Law.
(c) Boston College School of Medicine.
(d) Harvard Law School.
14. What did Rachel successfully do in August 1967?
(a) Found a husband.
(b) Found a job.
(c) Secured a SBA loan.
(d) Moved in New York.
15. What was Colin working on, at the start of Chapter 13?
(a) Federal funding.
(b) Traffic congestion.
(c) School segregation.
(d) Sewage problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 13 say about Colin's expectations of what government could and couldn't do in the area of social justice?
2. What was Rachel Twymon notified of at the start of Chapter 2?
3. Who did Bernie Kirk marry, according to Chapter 6?
4. Why was Heywood Twymon jailed several times?
5. What organization worked to raise money and improve the condition in the African-American community in Boston?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)