|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Ben Colin work?
(a) MIT computer lab.
(b) MIT biology lab.
(c) MIT physics lab.
(d) MIT photo lab.
2. Where were the two people when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Boston City Hall.
(c) South End.
(d) The Roxbury Orchard housing project.
3. How old was Bernard Kirk when his mother and sister died?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
4. What was Frederick's daughter's name?
5. Whom did the Jenkins family migrate to Nova Scotia with?
(a) Their owners.
(c) Their friends.
(d) With their flock.
6. How did Chapter 9 start?
(a) With the end of the Vietnam War.
(b) With the election of Nixon.
(c) With the assassination of Martin Luther King.
(d) With graduation at Cambell Junior high School.
7. Where was Ben Diver originally from, according to Chapter 7?
(a) County Chaffee.
(b) County Deneb.
(c) County Washington.
(d) County Donegal.
8. What happened to the South End after it became a slum?
(a) It was abandoned.
(b) It was revitalized.
(c) It was destroyed.
(d) It was rebuilt.
9. Who was informed of the assassination of Martin Luther King at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) The mayor of Boston.
(c) President Nixon.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
10. What city administration team did Colin play, in according to Chapter 11?
11. What gang was Alice McGoff's son Danny a part of?
(a) The 66.
(b) The Green Store.
(c) The Dark Shrine.
(d) The Eagles.
12. Who canceled James Brown's concert after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
(a) The Boston Gardens.
(b) The New England Conservatory of Music
(c) The House of Blues.
(d) The Symphony Hall.
13. What college did Joan McKechnie attend?
(a) Boston College.
(b) Washington College for Girls.
(c) Wheaton College.
14. When did John McKechnie come to Boston, according to Chapter 7?
15. What does Chapter 11 say the South End once was?
(a) The east coast drug hub.
(b) The largest rooming house district of America.
(c) The most dangerous place in America.
(d) The cheapest place for lodging in Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alice McGoff support, but was skeptical of when it moved to the north?
2. When did Arthur Garrity release his decision in the civil right case mentioned in Chapter 14?
3. What does Chapter 5 say about Quinnie having many of?
4. What did Rachel Twymon not know about four of her sons when she opened her store one morning in Chapter 2?
5. What case was Judge Arthur Garrity assigned to, at the start of Chapter 14?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)