|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bernie Kirk marry, according to Chapter 6?
(a) Gertrude Wolfberg.
(b) Sophia Morruw.
(c) Janette Spott.
(d) Catherine Gertt.
2. What was involved in the desegregation of the Boston school system?
(a) Creating a new school district.
(b) Redesigning existing school districts.
(c) Disbanding the school board and schedule elections.
(d) Mandatory busing.
3. For whom did Ben Colin work?
(a) MIT biology lab.
(b) MIT photo lab.
(c) MIT computer lab.
(d) MIT physics lab.
4. What did Louise Day Hicks claim about the Boston schools?
(a) They needed more money.
(b) They were not segregated.
(c) They were segregated.
(d) They were the best in the country.
5. What gang was Alice McGoff's son Danny a part of?
(a) The 66.
(b) The Eagles.
(c) The Green Store.
(d) The Dark Shrine.
6. What did Rachel Twymon not know about four of her sons when she opened her store one morning in Chapter 2?
(a) They were in prison.
(b) They were in the crowd looting and roaming.
(c) They were dead.
(d) They were at school.
7. When did Owen Kirk move to Roodstown, according to Chapter 6?
8. Why did Alice McGoff lose her income?
(a) Her social security ran out.
(b) The Navy yard closed.
(c) She was fired.
(d) Her alimony checks stopped coming.
9. Where did John McKechnie move to after staying in Boston for a while?
(b) New York.
10. Why was Heywood Twymon jailed several times?
(a) For non-support.
(b) For robbery.
(c) For abuse.
(d) For theft.
11. What school was Coline Diver attending in Chapter 1?
(b) Boston College School of Medicine.
(c) Boston College School of Law.
(d) Harvard Law School.
12. What extra curricular activity did Colin Diver do that Chapter 1 says opened the door to the best jobs?
(a) Captain of the football team.
(b) Editor of the Harvard Law Review.
(c) Editor of the Boston College Journal of Medicine.
(d) Director of the Stanford Ballet Association.
13. What did Rachel have trouble finding, at the start of Chapter 12?
(a) Tickets for Cats.
(b) Her children.
(c) A taxi to take her home.
(d) A place in a bus.
14. Who employed the Bennefields after they were freed following the Civil War?
(a) The Whites.
(b) The McGoffs.
(c) The Divers.
(d) The Dreshams.
15. What did Rachel successfully do in August 1967?
(a) Found a husband.
(b) Moved in New York.
(c) Secured a SBA loan.
(d) Found a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bernard Kirk when his mother and sister died?
2. What case was Judge Arthur Garrity assigned to, at the start of Chapter 14?
3. When did Arthur Garrity release his decision in the civil right case mentioned in Chapter 14?
4. When did Colin Diver graduate?
5. What was Alice McGoff's ethnicity?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)