|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Louise Day Hicks known to be?
(a) A bigot.
(b) A saint.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A liberal.
2. What did Colin and his wife want to do in the South End, according to Chapter 11?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Create social services.
(c) Buy a store.
(d) Create a school.
3. What did Colin notice while driving the South End ?
(a) Drug dealers.
(b) Kids of different ethnicities playing together.
(d) Good deals on homes.
4. What area did Colin live in?
(a) The Long area.
(b) The Brighton area.
(c) The Gand Project.
(d) The Hety Project.
5. Where were the two people when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) Boston City Hall.
(b) The Roxbury Orchard housing project.
(c) South End.
(d) Washington, D.C.
6. What degree(s) did Louise Day Hicks have?
(a) Education and Psychology.
(d) Education and law.
7. What did Rachel Twymon not know about four of her sons when she opened her store one morning in Chapter 2?
(a) They were dead.
(b) They were in the crowd looting and roaming.
(c) They were at school.
(d) They were in prison.
8. Whom does Chapter 4 say was with Colin Diver when he listened to Mayor's White speech?
(a) Joan Diver.
(b) Marty Tram.
(c) David Mann.
(d) Martin Black.
9. When did John McKechnie come to Boston, according to Chapter 7?
10. How old was Rachel when she first met Martin Luther King?
11. Who did Bernie Kirk marry, according to Chapter 6?
(a) Catherine Gertt.
(b) Gertrude Wolfberg.
(c) Janette Spott.
(d) Sophia Morruw.
12. What position was Louise Day Hicks elected to in the spring of 1961?
(b) Sixth District Judge.
(d) The Boston School Committee.
13. What does Chapter 5 say about Quinnie having many of?
14. What case was Judge Arthur Garrity assigned to, at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) Tally vs City Hall.
(b) Morgan vs Hennigan.
(c) Hick vs Hennigan.
(d) Morgan vs Board of Education.
15. What does Chapter 9 say about the views of Louise Day Hicks?
(a) They were common.
(b) They created a lot of opposition.
(c) They were racist.
(d) They were highly regarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the South End after it became a slum?
2. How did Chapter 9 start?
3. Why did Alice McGoff lose her income?
4. Where did Colin live in Chapter 11?
5. Whom did Colin Diver speak to concerning his interest in working for the city of Boston?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)