|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was United Way targeted by protesters, according to Chapter 19?
(a) It was financing segregation politicians.
(b) It was financing black organizations.
(c) It was laying off workers.
(d) It had contributed to financing the busing.
2. Who canceled James Brown's concert after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
(a) The Symphony Hall.
(b) The New England Conservatory of Music
(c) The House of Blues.
(d) The Boston Gardens.
3. When did Colin Diver graduate?
4. What did Joan Diver become actively involved with, in Chapter 18?
(a) Segregation protests.
(b) The school board.
(c) Philanthropic organizations.
(d) The city council.
5. When did Colin become the assistant secretary in the state's Secretary of Consumer Affairs division?
(a) October 1973.
(b) October 1971.
(c) October 1972.
(d) October 1974.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cassandrea Twymon go to school after the busing started, according to Chapter 16?
2. What happened when African-American kids qualified for sport teams?
3. What college did Joan McKechnie attend?
4. How old was Rachel when she first met Martin Luther King?
5. Where were Colin and Joan coming back from, at the start of Chapter 22?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)