|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Heywood Twymon jailed several times?
(a) For robbery.
(b) For theft.
(c) For abuse.
(d) For non-support.
2. How did Colin Diver avoid the draft?
(a) By pretending to be homosexual.
(b) By having two left feet.
(c) By being a student and a father.
(d) His father was a politician.
3. Whom did the Jenkins family migrate to Nova Scotia with?
(a) Their owners.
(b) Their friends.
(d) With their flock.
4. What did Alice McGoff support, but was skeptical of when it moved to the north?
(a) The Black Panther movement.
(b) Ted Kennedy's movement.
(c) Malcom X movement.
(d) Martin Luther King's movement.
5. How did the Boston officials try to calm the African-American community after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
(a) Used the African-American leaders instead of the police.
(b) Used police.
(c) Let the riots die out.
(d) Called in the National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Quinnie die, according to Chapter 5?
2. What does Chapter 5 say the Jenkins family had been?
3. Who employed the Bennefields after they were freed following the Civil War?
4. What does Chapter 5 say about Quinnie having many of?
5. Where were the two people when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)