|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bob Murphy make clear when he became headmaster?
(a) Segregation was his goal.
(b) Desegregation was a bad thing.
(c) White students would get a better education.
(d) Blacks would not be forced out of school.
2. What does Chapter 12 say about Colin and the Boston mayor?
(a) Colin hated White.
(b) Colin barely saw him the first year.
(c) White took Colin under his wing.
(d) White did not like Colin.
3. What happened in Boston in 1976?
(a) The Jude Market reopened.
(b) The town bicentennial.
(c) The busing system collapsed.
(d) Parents began to protest violently.
4. What school did Rachel Twymon's children attend, according to Chapter 8?
(a) Gibson school.
(b) Charlestwon School.
(c) South End School.
(d) Boston High School.
5. When did Charles McKechnie die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Billy McGoff's class trip canceled at the beginning of the senior year?
2. What did Louise Day Hicks claim about the Boston schools?
3. What became Boston's primary concern at the end of 1975?
4. When did Bod Murphy become headmaster of Charlestown high?
5. How many children did Alice McGoff have?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)