|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Danny McGoff watch from a corner, according to Chapter 15?
(a) His sister Cathy.
(b) His brothers, Tommy and Kevin.
(c) His friend Mike.
(d) His girlfriend Sara.
2. What was the front page of the Boston Globe about on October 9, 1974?
(a) The reopening of the Quincy Market.
(b) Mayor White's reelection.
(c) The Watergate scandal.
(d) The sexual assault of a white girl by five African American juveniles.
3. What did the Powder Keg group oppose, in Chapter 23?
(a) Kevin White reelection.
(c) Forced integration.
4. Who was the Boston Globe editor in 1974?
(a) Tim Winship.
(b) Alice McGoff.
(c) Colin Diver.
(d) Alex Roberts.
5. What idea does Chapter 15 say Alice McGoff did not like?
(b) Disbanding the bus driver union.
(c) Reelecting the school board.
(d) Mandatory busing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Alice go to a prayer march to oppose busing?
2. Where did Alice McGoff enroll three of her children in order to avoid busing?
3. What was John McKechnie's profession?
4. What happened on October 7, 1974, at the Boston Globe, according to Chapter 24?
5. Where was Ben Diver originally from, according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)