|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16, The Treaty, Excursions on Land and Sea, Shore Leave, In the Wake of the Black Ships, Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of structure did Japan have at this time?
(d) Constitutional monarchy.
2. Who in the time that Perry arrived were considered unproductive?
3. How long did it take the Dutch to travel to see the head Shogun in Edo?
(a) A month each way.
(b) A week each way.
(c) Two weeks each way.
(d) Several days each way.
4. What Shoguns ruled Japan when Perry arrived?
(a) The Tokugawa Shoguns.
(b) The Yoshinaki Shoguns.
(c) The Kamakura Shoguns.
(d) The Ieyasu Shoguns.
5. What did Commodore Perry pretend to be?
(a) A scientist.
(b) An Admiral.
(c) A Senator.
(d) No one but himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comprised the lower class in the cities?
2. What did Commodore Perry's arrival initiate?
3. Where did the Japanese want the Americans to land?
4. What bothered Perry about the women?
5. How did the Japanese and Americans threaten each other?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)