|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16, The Treaty, Excursions on Land and Sea, Shore Leave, In the Wake of the Black Ships, Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one major accomplishment by Emperor Meiji?
(a) Bringing the Japanese out of feudalism.
(b) Winning the right to travel make decisions about Japan.
(c) Winning the right for Japan to have consuls in other countries.
(d) Putting in place a fishing rights treaty.
2. How did the Japanese and Americans threaten each other?
(a) Neither side threatened the other.
(b) By firing cannons towards each other, though both were out of range.
(c) In subtle ways.
(d) With open shows of armed might.
3. When did Spanish Jesuits settle in Japan?
4. How many families could live there at a time?
5. When was the latest ratification that take place of the treaty?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 18 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the U.S. get compared to other nations in the future?
2. What surprised the Japanese about a U.S. consul?
3. What do the people wonder that the ships might mysteriously be pushing to shore?
4. What was Kayama pretending to be?
5. What were the rumors about devils with white faces?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)