|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4, Aliens Arrive, The Black Ships of the Evil Men, His High and Might Mysteriousness, Landing on Sacred Soil (The Audience Hall).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Commodore Perry pretend to be?
(a) A Senator.
(b) No one but himself.
(c) A scientist.
(d) An Admiral.
2. What is the name of knights in Japan?
(d) Defenders of the Emperor.
3. What was the impression of Japan by most of the Americans?
(a) They were unreasonable.
(b) They were a cultured, civilized nation.
(c) They were barbarians.
(d) They were bloodthirsty.
4. What did Commodore Perry do when the Japanese tried to board?
(a) Invited them to his quarters.
(b) The Japanese did not yet try to board the ships.
(c) Ordered his men to keep them away.
(d) Ordered his men to help them aboard.
5. What warned people to flee?
(a) Temple bells ringing.
(b) The priests of the temple.
(c) The men who got off the ship.
(d) The local militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what are the Americans impressed?
2. What was special about Commodore Perry being received by the Japanese?
3. How did the Army of Japan look?
4. How many troops were quickly rallied?
5. Why is Shogun Ieyoshi depressed?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)