|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16, The Treaty, Excursions on Land and Sea, Shore Leave, In the Wake of the Black Ships, Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could consuls and agents from the United States live?
2. Who finally came to one of the parties between the Japanese and Americans?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The Shogun.
(c) The head Samurai.
3. What group has held power for the last seven hundred years?
(a) No one group.
(b) The Shoguns.
(c) The Ming dynasty.
(d) The Komeiri dynasty.
4. What did those in favor of trade want from the West?
(a) Their literature and poetry.
(b) Their knowledge of the natural world.
(d) Their science, industry and wealth from trade.
5. Who did Perry see still approaching Japan?
(a) The Russians and French.
(b) The British and French.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Italian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Mississippi and Susquehanna?
2. What was the Emperor required to study?
3. What did Perry insist upon when the Japanese repeated their request that the Americans go to Nagasaki?
4. What did Commodore Perry's ships do while negotiations were proceeding?
5. What was Edo?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)