Chapters 1-4, Aliens Arrive, The Black Ships of the Evil Men, His High and Might Mysteriousness, Landing on Sacred Soil (The Audience Hall)
1. In what year does the book open?
2. Where did four enormous ships appear at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Off the coast of Saipan.
(b) Off the coast of Shimoda.
(c) Off the coast of Tokyo.
(d) Near Seoul.
3. How is the place where the enormous ships appear described?
(a) A mid-sized city.
(b) A small fishing village.
(c) A large city.
(d) An almost-deserted area where no villages were.
4. What do the fishermen do as the ships are coming in?
(a) Try to attack the ships.
(b) Try to get a spy on board the ships.
(c) Set fire to one of the alien ships.
(d) Come to shore quickly.
5. What are two of the ships doing that scares some of the inhabitants?
(a) Shooting cannons.
(b) Waving flags.
(c) Streaming smoke.
(d) Firing muskets.
6. What do the native inhabitants call the two ships?
(a) The mountains of fire.
(b) The birds of fire.
(c) Alien ships of fire.
(d) God's wrath.
This section contains 5,055 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)