Chapters 1-4, Aliens Arrive, The Black Ships of the Evil Men, His High and Might Mysteriousness, Landing on Sacred Soil (The Audience Hall)
• Friday, July 8th, 1853, to be exact, four enormous ships commanded by Commodore Matthew Perry arrived near a small fishing village in Japan.
• The arrival of the ships, in particular the steam boats, terrified the Japanese, who sent messengers to Edo to give word of the event.
• The people panicked and the women and children were sent away or hidden.
• When the people of Edo learned of the news, a general panic set in and chaos ensued and the puppet Emperor was confined to the palace.
• Japan had been locked away from the world, existing as a feudal society.
• The rulers called up a contingent of 17,000 samurai and sent them to surround the ships, but the samurai were unsuccessful in the attempt.
• The purpose of Commodre...
This section contains 1,615 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)