|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower have his men do as they are heading to the next destination after the ball?
(a) Run skill exercises.
(b) Repair the damage to the ship.
(c) Exercise and get rest.
(d) Clean and stock the amunition.
2. What is the occupation of the important prisoner Hornblower captures as he heads to shore when he sees the smoke?
3. What does Braun plan to do at the dinner with Wychwood?
(a) Assassinate the Czar.
(b) Blackmail the Prince.
(c) Challenge the King to a duel.
(d) Kidnap the Queen.
4. What title does the man hold that Hornblower meets on shore after he captures an important prisoner?
5. What are the bomb ketches used to destroy at Riga?
(a) French morale.
(b) The French spy ships.
(c) Prussian Blockades.
(d) The French Saps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains land warfare to Hornblower as he observes the attacks on the Russian villages?
2. Where is Braun sent after he is stopped from his plan at the dinner by Hornblower?
3. What kind of boat does Hornblower take to shore when he sees the smoke?
4. What weapon does Hornblower use to stop Braun from executing his plan at the dinner with Wychwood?
5. Who is Wychwood supposed to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Hornblower hear from England after his plan with the bomb ketches works?
2. What does Hornblower worry about as he heads to Riga?
3. What does Cole do at Riga that is looked down on by Hornblower?
4. How does Hornblower learn about the local feelings about the destruction of the Blanchefleur?
5. Where does General Essen take Hornblower when he gets to shore, and how does Hornblower enjoy it?
6. What terrible news is heard at the end of Chapter 21?
7. What does Wychwood bring back from his diplomatic mission?
8. What does Hornblower do after the dinner, and what leads him to do this?
9. What do the bomb ketches do to help the defenses at Riga when they are made useful?
10. What happens as Hornblower is rowing to shore at Riga?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)