|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Braun sent after he is stopped from his plan at the dinner by Hornblower?
(d) The Brig.
2. Who explains land warfare to Hornblower as he observes the attacks on the Russian villages?
3. What kind of ship does Hornblower send Wychwood on for a diplomatic mission?
(a) The bomb ketch.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A sloop.
(d) A cutter.
4. What is the maneuver Hornblower uses on the French called by the Russians?
(a) A sortie.
(b) A feint.
(c) A skirmish.
(d) A flanker.
5. What is the name of the man who gives Hornblower the first signal of a French ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What important prisoner does Hornblower capture as he heads to shore when he sees the smoke?
2. What do Hornblower and his men do with the barges in the blocked dock?
3. What does Wychwood take to England with him when he leaves?
4. Where is Hornblower sent after Wychwood's diplomatic trip?
5. What does Hornblower do for his surprise visitor the day after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Hornblower hear from England after his plan with the bomb ketches works?
2. What does Hornblower do after the dinner, and what leads him to do this?
3. What does the message Hornblower receives the day after the ball say?
4. What is Hornblower's plan of attack when he reaches his destination after his surprise visitor has left?
5. What does Hornblower see on the coast of Riga, and how does he know what they are?
6. Where does General Essen take Hornblower when he gets to shore, and how does Hornblower enjoy it?
7. What terrible news is heard at the end of Chapter 21?
8. How does Hornblower learn about the local feelings about the destruction of the Blanchefleur?
9. What does Hornblower do to get his bomb ketches in on the action at Riga?
10. How did Hornblower's plan at the blocked dock work?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)