|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hornblower read about the different views of this attack on the Blancehfleur?
(c) Word of mouth.
(d) Official orders.
2. What does Hornblower do with the filled barges that he connects to the bomb ketches?
(a) Empties the sand to raise the bomb ketches.
(b) Lights them on fire and sends them after a French ship.
(c) Uses the cannonballs.
(d) Sails the ammunition he cannot use to ally ships.
3. What kind of fires are burning on the shore when Hornblower talks about the impossibility of war?
(a) Bivouac fires.
(b) Signal fires.
(c) Explosive fire.
(d) Fire from burning ships.
4. What important prisoner does Hornblower capture as he heads to shore when he sees the smoke?
5. What kind of ships does Hornblower put on nighttime alert at Riga?
(a) Bomb ketchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Braun plan to use in his plan to disrupt the dinner?
2. Where does Hornblower's crew go to celebrate the victory over the Blanchefleur?
3. What month is it when Hornblower reaches his destination after Wychwood heads back to England?
4. Who comes to visit Hornblower's ship under a different name the day after the ball?
5. Who is the young man who is ignored at the dinner with Wychwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hornblower's plan of attack when he reaches his destination after his surprise visitor has left?
2. What terrible news is heard at the end of Chapter 21?
3. What does Wychwood bring back from his diplomatic mission?
4. What do the bomb ketches do to help the defenses at Riga when they are made useful?
5. What does the message Hornblower receives the day after the ball say?
6. Who is the pale young man at the dinner, and why is he ignored?
7. How did Hornblower's plan at the blocked dock work?
8. What does Hornblower discover when he reaches his destination after his surprise visitor has left?
9. What does Hornblower notice about the siege work of the French at Riga?
10. How does Hornblower learn about the local feelings about the destruction of the Blanchefleur?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)