|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first ship Hornblower sees after his trip through the Sound from?
2. What town does Hornblower live in when he is on land?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the captains of the flotilla?
4. Which of the following countries is hostile towards England?
5. What country is Hornblower supposed to turn against France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What peculiar habit do Hornblower and his wife indulge in at the beginning of the book?
2. Who notices from Hornblower's actions that something exciting will happen while passing through the Sound?
3. What does Hornblower do in his room after receiving his orders from Richard Wellesley?
4. What does Hornblower have his crew prepare before entering the Sound?
5. How does Hornblower act when he gives orders before traveling through the Sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Harvey is unmasted by Danish fire?
2. What happens just as the Blanchefleur is seen?
3. How is Mr. Braun described when he is first introduced?
4. In what order does Hornblower arrange the flotilla before entering the Sound, and why?
5. What does Hornblower notice while Brown is stowing his luggage?
6. What do Hornblower and Bush do on the deck when they begin traveling through the Sound?
7. What does the flotilla do when they are fired on by the Danish forces in the Sound?
8. How does Hornblower feel about Braun when they are first introduced?
9. How do Hornblower and his wife feel about the news Hornblower receives after he is introduced to the city he is a Squire over?
10. Who does Hornblower call into a council before beginning his chase on the Blanchefleur?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)