|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Baron tell Hornblower his country must do?
(a) Protect his men.
(b) Remain neutral.
(c) Protect France.
(d) Protect their allegiance with England.
2. What is the title of the captain of the second ship that contacts Hornblower after he has trapped the Blanchefleur?
3. Who sends Hornblower a message shortly after he is introduced to the town?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Board of Commanders.
(c) The Naval Council.
(d) The Admiralty.
4. What is the name of the last ship of the flotilla to enter the Sound?
5. What month does this book begin in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara talk about while she is riding in a carriage with her husband before he departs?
2. What kind of mission will Hornblower be embarking on in his secret mission for the Navy?
3. What kind of ship is the Harvey?
4. What is the name of the ship Hornblower will be sailing on?
5. Who picks out all the clothes Hornblower wears when he is on land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hornblower do after hearing about his mission?
2. How does Bush feel about Braun when they are first introduced?
3. What does Hornblower learn about his mission when he gets to London?
4. What does Baron Basse say when he boards the Nonsuch?
5. What happens when the Harvey is unmasted by Danish fire?
6. How do Hornblower and his wife feel about the news Hornblower receives after he is introduced to the city he is a Squire over?
7. What does Hornblower notice while Brown is stowing his luggage?
8. What is the danger of passing through the Sound with British flags flying?
9. What does Hornblower do to keep his crew calm before entering the Sound?
10. What happens when Hornblower orders his men to board the Maggie Jones?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)