|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hornblower being sent on his secret mission for the Navy?
(c) The Baltic.
2. What does Clarke do when Hornblower has his ship boarded?
(a) Stabs himself.
(c) Jumps overboard.
(d) Shoots himself in the head.
3. Which ship from the flotilla runs aground while chasing the Blanchefleur?
4. What is the group of ships under Hornblower's command called?
(c) Sailing Troop.
5. Who stows Hornblower's luggage for him when he boards the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ship was the Blanchefluer?
2. Where do Hornblower and his wife ride in a carriage together before he departs?
3. What does Hornblower hear on the ship that worries him on his first day aboard?
4. What does Hornblower do every day on deck?
5. What is the name of the ship Hornblower will be sailing on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hornblower doing when he sees the sail of the Maggie Jones in the distance?
2. Who does Hornblower call into a council before beginning his chase on the Blanchefleur?
3. What does Hornblower notice while Brown is stowing his luggage?
4. What is the political situation at the time along the Baltic?
5. What does Hornblower do to keep his crew calm before entering the Sound?
6. What does Hornblower learn about his mission when he gets to London?
7. What is the danger of passing through the Sound with British flags flying?
8. In what order does Hornblower arrange the flotilla before entering the Sound, and why?
9. What do Hornblower and Bush do on the deck when they begin traveling through the Sound?
10. How does Hornblower feel after the Blanchefleur has been destroyed?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)