|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Richard Wellesley and Hornblower related?
(a) Richard is Hornblower's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers-in-law.
(d) Richard is Hornblower's nephew.
2. What is the name of the captain of the last ship to enter the Sound?
3. Who translates between the Baron and Hornblower?
4. What is the name of Hornblower's wife?
5. Who picks out all the clothes Hornblower wears when he is on land?
(a) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship leading the flotilla through the Sound?
2. What is the name of Hornblower's first mate?
3. Who wakes Hornblower on his first morning on the ship?
4. Who insists that Barbara accompany Hornblower to his ship?
5. How many guns are on the Nonsuch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hornblower call into a council before beginning his chase on the Blanchefleur?
2. What happens when the Harvey is unmasted by Danish fire?
3. What is the political situation at the time along the Baltic?
4. How do Hornblower and his wife spend their last few moments together before Hornblower leaves?
5. What happens when Hornblower orders his men to board the Maggie Jones?
6. What happens just as the Blanchefleur is seen?
7. How is Hornblower introduced to the town he is a Squire over?
8. What happens just before Hornblower goes to bed after hearing details about his mission?
9. What does Hornblower do to keep his crew calm before entering the Sound?
10. What is Hornblower surprised and pleased about when he first boards his ship?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)