|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ships does Hornblower put on nighttime alert at Riga?
(c) Bomb ketchers.
2. What title does the man hold that Hornblower meets on shore after he captures an important prisoner?
3. Where is Hornblower supposed to escort Wychwood to?
4. How does Hornblower enter the dock at his destination after leaving the ball?
(a) He swims.
(b) He climbs abord an enemy ship and goes with them.
(c) He sails into port.
(d) By small boats.
5. Who attacks Russia shortly after the Blanchefleur is destroyed?
6. How many men does Hornblower have enter the blocked dock with him?
7. Where does Hornblower's crew go to celebrate the victory over the Blanchefleur?
(a) The main deck.
(b) On shore.
(c) The captain's cabin.
(d) Hornblower's mess.
8. What do the men at dinner with Wychwood talk about?
9. What are the bomb ketches used to destroy at Riga?
(a) Prussian Blockades.
(b) The French spy ships.
(c) The French Saps.
(d) French morale.
10. What flatters Hornblower most about being at the dinner with Wychwood?
(a) Having his military accomplishments read.
(b) Being paired up with a Duchess for the night.
(c) Being personally addressed by the Czar.
(d) The attentions of Miss Canerine.
11. Where does Hornblower go to observe the movements of the armies at Riga?
(a) A churchtower.
(b) The crow's nest of the ship.
(c) The mausoleum.
(d) A tall tree.
12. What does Hornblower hear as he discusses the impossibility of war?
(c) Rifle shots.
(d) Cannon fire.
13. What weapon does Hornblower use to stop Braun from executing his plan at the dinner with Wychwood?
14. What does Hornblower call the filled barges that he connects to the bomb ketches?
15. What does Braun plan to do at the dinner with Wychwood?
(a) Blackmail the Prince.
(b) Challenge the King to a duel.
(c) Kidnap the Queen.
(d) Assassinate the Czar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower do after the dinner with Wychwood?
2. Who is killed while the bomb ketches are in action at Riga?
3. What time of day does Hornblower enter the dock at his destination after the ball?
4. What disorients Hornblower at the event he attends with the Countess and her husband?
5. What did Braun plan to use in his plan to disrupt the dinner?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)