|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed while the bomb ketches are in action at Riga?
2. What does Hornblower have his men do as they are heading to the next destination after the ball?
(a) Repair the damage to the ship.
(b) Run skill exercises.
(c) Clean and stock the amunition.
(d) Exercise and get rest.
3. How does Hornblower enter the dock at his destination after leaving the ball?
(a) He swims.
(b) He sails into port.
(c) By small boats.
(d) He climbs abord an enemy ship and goes with them.
4. What does Miss Canerine introduce Hornblower to at the dinner?
(b) Red Wine.
5. What does Wychwood bring back from his diplomatic mission?
6. What percentage of his men does Hornblower have enter the blocked dock with him?
7. What disorients Hornblower at the event he attends with the Countess and her husband?
(a) The strange lighting.
(b) Being on land after being at sea for so long.
(c) His feelings for the Countess.
(d) The music.
8. How many men does Hornblower have enter the blocked dock with him?
9. What event does Hornblower attend with the Countess and her husband?
(a) A ball.
(b) The ballet.
(c) A play.
(d) The opera.
10. Where does Hornblower read about the different views of this attack on the Blancehfleur?
(a) Word of mouth.
(d) Official orders.
11. What did Braun plan to use in his plan to disrupt the dinner?
(a) A pistol.
(b) His sword.
(c) A rifle.
12. What do Hornblower and his men do with the barges in the blocked dock?
(a) Take them over.
(b) Sink them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Steal the cargo.
13. Who is worried about Hornblower's treatment of his surprise visitor the day after the ball?
14. How many of Hornblower's men are wounded in the blocked dock?
15. What is the name of the ship that gives Hornblower the first signal of a French ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hornblower sent to attack the French after the first bomb ketch attack in Riga?
2. What does Hornblower do with the filled barges that he connects to the bomb ketches?
3. What causes Hornblower to use poor judgment at the dinner with Wychwood?
4. What month is it when Hornblower reaches his destination after Wychwood heads back to England?
5. What weapon does Hornblower use to stop Braun from executing his plan at the dinner with Wychwood?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)