|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dinner with Wychwood consist of?
(c) A buffet of meat.
2. Who is killed while the bomb ketches are in action at Riga?
3. What prevents Hornblower's flotilla from entering the dock at the destination after the ball?
(a) A reef.
(b) A giant boom.
(c) A net.
(d) A sandbar.
4. What causes Hornblower to be homesick while he is at Riga?
(a) A friend's death.
(b) A dream.
(c) The sight of a family in Riga.
(d) A letter from Barbara.
5. What do the men at dinner with Wychwood talk about?
6. What kind of fires are burning on the shore when Hornblower talks about the impossibility of war?
(a) Fire from burning ships.
(b) Signal fires.
(c) Bivouac fires.
(d) Explosive fire.
7. Who explains land warfare to Hornblower as he observes the attacks on the Russian villages?
8. What do Hornblower and his men do with the barges in the blocked dock?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Take them over.
(c) Steal the cargo.
(d) Sink them.
9. What does Wychwood bring back from his diplomatic mission?
10. What does Wychwood take to England with him when he leaves?
11. What city does the French capture while Hornblower is at Riga?
(b) St. Petersburg.
12. Who is Hornblower worried will not approve of his actions?
(a) The Czar.
(b) The Admiralty.
(c) Sir Richard.
13. What does Hornblower have prepared for his surprise visitor's lunch the day after the ball?
(a) Caviar and Vodka.
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
(c) Exotic fruits and meats.
(d) Boiled meats and potatoes.
14. How does Hornblower enter the dock at his destination after leaving the ball?
(a) By small boats.
(b) He swims.
(c) He climbs abord an enemy ship and goes with them.
(d) He sails into port.
15. Where does Wychwood think Napoleon is planning his next attack after his diplomatic trip?
(d) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower call the filled barges that he connects to the bomb ketches?
2. What kind of ship does Hornblower send Wychwood on for a diplomatic mission?
3. What does Hornblower hear as he discusses the impossibility of war?
4. What does Hornblower have his men do as they are heading to the next destination after the ball?
5. Where does Hornblower's crew go to celebrate the victory over the Blanchefleur?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)