|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wychwood supposed to meet?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The Queen of England.
(c) The Prince of France.
(d) The Russian Czar.
2. Who is killed while the bomb ketches are in action at Riga?
3. What does Hornblower do for his surprise visitor the day after the ball?
(a) Takes them on a tour of the ship.
(b) Takes them to his personal quarters to have a discussion.
(c) Greets them as a great dignitary.
(d) Orders a fine meal prepared.
4. What is the name of the ship that gives Hornblower the first signal of a French ship?
5. What event does Hornblower attend with the Countess and her husband?
(a) The opera.
(b) A ball.
(c) A play.
(d) The ballet.
6. Where is Hornblower sent after Wychwood's diplomatic trip?
(a) St. Petersburg.
7. What did Braun plan to use in his plan to disrupt the dinner?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(d) His sword.
8. What title does Miss Canerine hold?
9. What does Hornblower have prepared for his surprise visitor's lunch the day after the ball?
(a) Boiled meats and potatoes.
(b) Caviar and Vodka.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Exotic fruits and meats.
10. What does Wychwood take to England with him when he leaves?
11. What city does the French capture while Hornblower is at Riga?
(c) St. Petersburg.
12. What do the French armies construct as they approach the Russian villages?
13. What is the maneuver Hornblower uses on the French called by the Russians?
(a) A flanker.
(b) A sortie.
(c) A skirmish.
(d) A feint.
14. What does Hornblower fill the barges with that he connects to the bomb ketches?
15. What does Hornblower call the filled barges that he connects to the bomb ketches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disorients Hornblower at the event he attends with the Countess and her husband?
2. What prevents Hornblower's flotilla from entering the dock at the destination after the ball?
3. Who does Hornblower meet on shore after he captures an important prisoner?
4. Who is Hornblower worried will not approve of his actions?
5. What kind of fires are burning on the shore when Hornblower talks about the impossibility of war?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)