|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the bomb ketches used to destroy at Riga?
(a) French morale.
(b) The French Saps.
(c) Prussian Blockades.
(d) The French spy ships.
2. What do the men at dinner with Wychwood talk about?
3. What kind of maneuver does Hornblower think the French will make on Riga?
4. Where is Braun sent after he is stopped from his plan at the dinner by Hornblower?
(d) The Brig.
5. Where does Hornblower decide to go the day after the ball?
6. Who is worried about Hornblower's treatment of his surprise visitor the day after the ball?
7. Who is killed while the bomb ketches are in action at Riga?
8. Where does Wychwood think Napoleon is planning his next attack after his diplomatic trip?
(d) St. Petersburg.
9. What month is it when Hornblower reaches his destination after Wychwood heads back to England?
10. What does Wychwood take to England with him when he leaves?
11. What does Hornblower have his men do as they are heading to the next destination after the ball?
(a) Repair the damage to the ship.
(b) Run skill exercises.
(c) Exercise and get rest.
(d) Clean and stock the amunition.
12. What kind of ships does Hornblower put on nighttime alert at Riga?
(d) Bomb ketchers.
13. What causes Hornblower to use poor judgment at the dinner with Wychwood?
(a) He has had no sleep for three days.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He is nervous to be in a public setting.
(d) He is starteld by the situation with Braun.
14. How many ships does Hornblower put on nigh time alert at Riga?
15. What did Braun plan to use in his plan to disrupt the dinner?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(c) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hornblower meet on shore after he captures an important prisoner?
2. What does Hornblower do for his surprise visitor the day after the ball?
3. What is the occupation of the important prisoner Hornblower captures as he heads to shore when he sees the smoke?
4. What prevents Hornblower's flotilla from entering the dock at the destination after the ball?
5. What does Miss Canerine introduce Hornblower to at the dinner?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)