|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship leading the flotilla through the Sound?
2. How are Richard Wellesley and Hornblower related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Richard is Hornblower's nephew.
(c) They are brothers-in-law.
(d) Richard is Hornblower's uncle.
3. Who translates between the Baron and Hornblower?
4. How does Hornblower board the ship he will be sailing?
(a) He uses the bosan's chair.
(b) He is lifted by the boats.
(c) He walks up the main plank.
(d) He climbs up the side.
5. Where is Braun from?
6. What label does Hornblower give Braun after meeting him?
7. What is the name of the last ship of the flotilla to enter the Sound?
8. What does Clarke say is wrong with the men on his ship when Hornblower greets him?
(a) They have the plague.
(b) They all have scurvy.
(c) They have cabin fever.
(d) They have smallpox.
9. What is Hornblower's first name?
10. What is the name of Hornblower's wife?
11. What does Hornblower have his crew prepare before entering the Sound?
(a) Towing equipment.
(d) White surrender flags.
12. How wide is the sea lane at the Sound?
(a) 3 kilometers.
(b) 300 yards.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 30 meters.
13. What kind of cargo is being carried by the first ship that Hornblower sees after his trip through the Sound?
14. What is the name of Hornblower's first mate?
15. Where does Braun have citizenship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Hornblower on his first morning on the ship?
2. Where is the second ship to contact Hornblower after he has trapped the Blanchefleur from?
3. What kind of ship is the Clam?
4. What is Hornblower pleasantly surprised about when he first boards his ship?
5. What kind of weapon does Mound have on board his ship?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)