|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the sound that worries Hornblower on his first day aboard?
(a) A cargo hold of rum bottles.
(b) A kettle of steam.
(c) A cage of rats.
(d) Bush's wooden leg.
2. What country is Hornblower supposed to turn against France?
3. What do sailors believe people from Braun's homeland to be?
(b) Evil warlocks.
(d) Ruthless murderers.
4. What is Hornblower's favorite item of clothing?
(a) His riding suit.
(b) His fine suit.
(c) His bathrobe.
(d) His Naval uniform.
5. Who wakes Hornblower on his first morning on the ship?
(b) The sun.
6. How are Richard Wellesley and Hornblower related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Richard is Hornblower's nephew.
(c) Richard is Hornblower's uncle.
(d) They are brothers-in-law.
7. Who is Hauptman an agent for?
8. Which ship does Hornblower think will receive the majority of the damage from attacks in the Sound?
(a) The ships in the middle.
(b) The ships on the outer edge.
(c) The first ship.
(d) The last ship.
9. Which of the following had allegiance to France?
10. What is the name of the captain of the first ship that contacts Hornblower after he has trapped the Blanchefleur?
(a) Baron Bruce.
(b) Baron Basse.
(c) Baron Brasse.
(d) Baron Butisse.
11. Who notices from Hornblower's actions that something exciting will happen while passing through the Sound?
12. What kind of ship is the Harvey?
(b) Bomb Ketch.
13. What is the name of Hornblower's son?
14. What kind of cargo is being carried by the first ship that Hornblower sees after his trip through the Sound?
15. Where is the first ship Hornblower sees after his trip through the Sound from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hornblower feel that he had done after the Blanchefleur was destroyed?
2. What is the first ship to receive damage while traveling through the Sound?
3. What does Hornblower hear on the ship that worries him on his first day aboard?
4. What title does Hornblower hold in the Navy at the beginning of this book?
5. What does Clarke say is wrong with the men on his ship when Hornblower greets him?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)