|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is hostile towards England?
2. What is the name of the captain of the first ship that contacts Hornblower after he has trapped the Blanchefleur?
(a) Baron Basse.
(b) Baron Bruce.
(c) Baron Brasse.
(d) Baron Butisse.
3. Where does Braun have citizenship?
4. Who drives Hornblower into town after receiving the urgent message at the beginning of the book?
5. Which of the following had allegiance to France?
6. What rank is Hornblower going to be promoted to at the beginning of the book?
7. Who wakes Hornblower on his first morning on the ship?
(c) The sun.
8. Where is Braun from?
9. How many guns are on the Nonsuch?
10. What is the name of the captain of the last ship to enter the Sound?
11. What kind of cargo is being carried by the first ship that Hornblower sees after his trip through the Sound?
12. What is the name of the captain of the second ship that contacts Hornblower after he has trapped the Blanchefleur?
13. Which ship does Hornblower think will receive the majority of the damage from attacks in the Sound?
(a) The last ship.
(b) The first ship.
(c) The ships on the outer edge.
(d) The ships in the middle.
14. How does Hornblower board the ship he will be sailing?
(a) He is lifted by the boats.
(b) He uses the bosan's chair.
(c) He walks up the main plank.
(d) He climbs up the side.
15. What is the name of the captain of the first ship entering the Sound?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks out all the clothes Hornblower wears when he is on land?
2. What is the source of the sound that worries Hornblower on his first day aboard?
3. What does Hornblower do every day on deck?
4. What is the name of the last ship of the flotilla to enter the Sound?
5. How many ships speed towards Hornblower's ship the morning after he has trapped the Blanchefleur?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)