|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower do in his room after receiving his orders from Richard Wellesley?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Writes to his wife.
(c) Cleans his guns.
2. What is the name of the first ship that Hornblower sees after his trip through the Sound?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Maggie Jones.
(c) Mary Mercy.
(d) Mona Lisa.
3. How does Hornblower dress his first morning on the ship?
(a) A simple enlisted Naval uniform.
(b) His fine suit.
(c) His new Commodore's uniform.
(d) Full uniform.
4. Who sends Hornblower a message shortly after he is introduced to the town?
(a) The Board of Commanders.
(b) The Naval Council.
(c) The Admiralty.
(d) The Queen.
5. What does Barbara talk about while she is riding in a carriage with her husband before he departs?
(a) Her plans during his absence.
(b) His son.
(c) Her worries that he will not return.
(d) The preparations she has made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first ship to receive damage while traveling through the Sound?
2. How is Hornblower greeted by his first mate?
3. What is the name of Hornblower's son?
4. Who stows Hornblower's luggage for him when he boards the ship?
5. How does Hornblower feel about Braun when he first meets him?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)