|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Richard Wellesley and Hornblower related?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) Richard is Hornblower's uncle.
(c) Richard is Hornblower's nephew.
(d) They are cousins.
2. What kind of fires are burning on the shore when Hornblower talks about the impossibility of war?
(a) Explosive fire.
(b) Fire from burning ships.
(c) Signal fires.
(d) Bivouac fires.
3. What title does the man hold that Hornblower meets on shore after he captures an important prisoner?
4. What is the name of the captain of the first ship entering the Sound?
5. What year does this book begin in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower do on the deck of the ship while traveling through the Sound?
2. What label does Hornblower give Braun after meeting him?
3. Who sends Hornblower a message shortly after he is introduced to the town?
4. What does Miss Canerine introduce Hornblower to at the dinner?
5. What kind of ships does Hornblower put on nighttime alert at Riga?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)