|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11, and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Hornblower will be sailing on?
2. Where is Clarke originally from?
3. What does the Baron tell Hornblower his country must do?
(a) Protect his men.
(b) Protect their allegiance with England.
(c) Protect France.
(d) Remain neutral.
4. What is the name of the first ship that Hornblower sees after his trip through the Sound?
(a) Mona Lisa.
(b) Mary Mercy.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Maggie Jones.
5. How does Hornblower act when he gives orders before traveling through the Sound?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the captain of the second ship that contacts Hornblower after he has trapped the Blanchefleur?
2. What rank is Hornblower going to be promoted to at the beginning of the book?
3. What causes Hornblower to use poor judgment at the dinner with Wychwood?
4. What did Hornblower feel that he had done after the Blanchefleur was destroyed?
5. How is Hornblower dressed when he first speaks with the captain of the first ship he sees after his trip through the Sound?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)