|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flatters Hornblower most about being at the dinner with Wychwood?
(a) Having his military accomplishments read.
(b) Being personally addressed by the Czar.
(c) The attentions of Miss Canerine.
(d) Being paired up with a Duchess for the night.
2. What does Hornblower do after the dinner with Wychwood?
(a) Sneaks back to his ship.
(b) Falls asleep in the dining room.
(c) Makes love to Miss Canerine.
(d) Punishes Braun.
3. What country's neutrality is Hornblower hoping will keep him and his ship from heavier fire while traveling through the sound?
4. What does Hornblower hear as he discusses the impossibility of war?
(a) Rifle shots.
(b) Cannon fire.
5. What kind of fires are burning on the shore when Hornblower talks about the impossibility of war?
(a) Explosive fire.
(b) Signal fires.
(c) Bivouac fires.
(d) Fire from burning ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wychwood think Napoleon is planning his next attack after his diplomatic trip?
2. Where is Hornblower supposed to escort Wychwood to?
3. Who attacks Russia shortly after the Blanchefleur is destroyed?
4. Where is Hornblower sent after Wychwood's diplomatic trip?
5. What does Hornblower have his crew prepare before entering the Sound?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)