Chapters 1, 2 and 3
1. What is Hornblower's first name?
2. What title does Hornblower hold in the Navy at the beginning of this book?
3. What title does Hornblower hold when he is on land at the beginning of this book?
4. What town does Hornblower live in when he is on land?
5. What year does this book begin in?
6. What month does this book begin in?
7. What is the name of Hornblower's wife?
8. What is the name of Hornblower's son?
9. What is the name of Hornblower's most trusted manservant?
10. What peculiar habit do Hornblower and his wife indulge in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Open carriage rides.
(b) Swims in the Thames.
(c) Daily baths.
(d) Fox hunts.
11. What is Hornblower's favorite item of clothing?
(a) His bathrobe.
(b) His riding suit.
(c) His Naval uniform.
(d) His fine suit.
This section contains 3,569 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)