|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
2. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
3. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
4. What does Anne learn after she buys the new clothes for the girls?
5. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
Essay Topic 1
How do Anne's Christian beliefs influence her approach to fighting racism? How does Anne's approach change when she lost her faith?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the famous people Anne Moody depicts in the book and examine his/her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his/her beliefs?
2) How did he/she communicate their beleifs to the nature?
3) What impact did he/she have on the Civil Rights movement?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Moody's character to her mother's character. What are their similarities and differences? What did Anne learn from her mother? How did Anne's mother's situation and personality motivate her?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)