Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
2. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
3. Where does the NAACP hold a convention on this chapter?
4. What does the farmer do after he rapes the black girl?
5. Who turns Anne away?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Moody uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Moody's upbringing and write 500 words about how her upbringing molded her into the strong and pro active person that she became.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)