|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
2. In what part of New Orleans does Anne secure a job?
3. What is the name of Anne's new college?
4. Where are the Kings leaving for at the end of this chapter?
5. What does Anne lose her faith in in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
2. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
3. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
4. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
5. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
6. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
7. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
8. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
9. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
10. What is the Mississippi project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Moody's character to her mother's character. What are their similarities and differences? What did Anne learn from her mother? How did Anne's mother's situation and personality motivate her?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
What events in Moody's early life influenced her decision to become a leading proponent in the Civil Rights Movement? How different do the students think Moody's life would been if she had not grown up in poverty?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)