|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
2. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
3. What does Anne buy for two girls in this chapter?
4. Where does Anne's father live?
5. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
2. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
3. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
4. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
5. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
6. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
7. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
8. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
9. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
10. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Moody's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Moody's style give to her story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the famous people Anne Moody depicts in the book and examine his/her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his/her beliefs?
2) How did he/she communicate their beleifs to the nature?
3) What impact did he/she have on the Civil Rights movement?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Moody's upbringing and write 500 words about how her upbringing molded her into the strong and pro active person that she became.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)