|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Mr. Chinn arrested?
2. Where does Anne's father live?
3. Where does Bob ask Anne to accompany him?
4. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
5. Which famous person has been assassinated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
2. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
3. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
4. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
5. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
6. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
7. How does Emma change after her injury?
8. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
9. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
10. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Moody's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Moody's style give to her story?
Essay Topic 2
What events in Moody's early life influenced her decision to become a leading proponent in the Civil Rights Movement? How different do the students think Moody's life would been if she had not grown up in poverty?
Essay Topic 3
Why did President Kennedy represent great hope for Afro-Americans? How did his death affect the Afro-American community? How do you think things would have been different if President Kennedy had lived?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)