|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne learn after she buys the new clothes for the girls?
2. What does Anne think the speeches are full of?
3. In what state is Natchez College located?
4. Where does Anne go with Joan?
5. What does Anne have to do to make up her credits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
2. Why is Anne disappointed with the march in Chapter 24?
3. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
4. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
5. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
6. What is college like for Anne?
7. What ruins Anne's graduation?
8. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
9. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
10. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Moody's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Moody's style give to her story?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss with the students first person point of view. Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the book do the students think are not so reliable and why? With the students discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using the first person.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)