|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne hope to earn enough money for in New Orleans?
2. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
3. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
4. What is the name of Anne's father's partner?
5. Why does Anne only stay in New Orleans for a few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Mississippi project?
2. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
3. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
4. What ruins Anne's graduation?
5. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
6. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
7. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
8. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
9. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
10. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Moody use character and setting to express her themes?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following the following statement: Though the Civil Rights Movement was an esssential part of creating a better life for Afro Americans, in the end the non violent measures lost their impact and a more forceful approach was needed.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)