|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne change her major to in this chapter?
2. Why does Anne's relationship with Keemp end?
3. Why is Anne nervous about playing for the basketball team?
4. Who is Mr Chinn walking with in this chapter?
5. Who turns Anne away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
2. What is the Mississippi project?
3. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
4. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
5. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
6. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
7. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
8. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
9. What ruins Anne's graduation?
10. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Moody use character and setting to express her themes?
Essay Topic 2
How do Anne's Christian beliefs influence her approach to fighting racism? How does Anne's approach change when she lost her faith?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following the following statement: Though the Civil Rights Movement was an esssential part of creating a better life for Afro Americans, in the end the non violent measures lost their impact and a more forceful approach was needed.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)