|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Anne's professor?
2. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
3. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
4. What does Anne think the speeches are full of?
5. In what state does Anne stay overnight in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
2. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
3. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
4. Describe the march in Chapter 29.
5. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
6. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
7. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
8. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
9. What is the Mississippi project?
10. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound affect on Moody's life and how did they change her? What does Moody still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1960's.
1) Why did Afro American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960's America?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Moody use character and setting to express her themes?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)