|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
2. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
3. Whose famous speech takes place during the Washington march?
4. What is the Mississippi project designed to register?
5. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
2. How does Emma change after her injury?
3. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
4. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
5. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
6. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
7. What is the Mississippi project?
8. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
9. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
10. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the demonstrations Moody describes in the book and examine how impact this event had on the Civil Rights Movements as a whole. What was the public's initial reaction to the demonstration? What media attention did it receive?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)