|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan work for?
2. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
3. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
4. Who stares at Anne through her bedroom window?
5. What is the name of Anne's new basketball coach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
3. How does Emma change after her injury?
4. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
5. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
6. Why is Anne disappointed with the march in Chapter 24?
7. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
8. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
9. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
10. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the famous people Anne Moody depicts in the book and examine his/her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his/her beliefs?
2) How did he/she communicate their beleifs to the nature?
3) What impact did he/she have on the Civil Rights movement?
Essay Topic 2
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following the following statement: Though the Civil Rights Movement was an esssential part of creating a better life for Afro Americans, in the end the non violent measures lost their impact and a more forceful approach was needed.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the demonstrations Moody describes in the book and examine how impact this event had on the Civil Rights Movements as a whole. What was the public's initial reaction to the demonstration? What media attention did it receive?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)