|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what college does Anne get a scholarship?
2. Where are the Kings leaving for at the end of this chapter?
3. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
4. Where does Bob ask Anne to accompany him?
5. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
2. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
3. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
4. Why is Anne disappointed with the march in Chapter 24?
5. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
6. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
7. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
8. Describe the march in Chapter 29.
9. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
10. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 2
What major events had a profound affect on Moody's life and how did they change her? What does Moody still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Moody uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)