|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anne worried about attending Tougaloo?
2. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
3. To what college does Anne get a scholarship?
4. What city does Anne want to go to to finish high school?
5. Who turns Anne away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
2. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
3. Describe the march in Chapter 29.
4. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
5. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
6. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
7. Why is Anne disappointed with the march in Chapter 24?
8. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
9. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
10. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Moody's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Moody's style give to her story?
Essay Topic 3
How do Anne's Christian beliefs influence her approach to fighting racism? How does Anne's approach change when she lost her faith?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)