Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
2. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
3. Where does the NAACP hold a convention on this chapter?
4. What does the farmer do after he rapes the black girl?
5. Who turns Anne away?
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Moody uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
Choose one of the demonstrations Moody describes in the book and examine how impact this event had on the Civil Rights Movements as a whole. What was the public's initial reaction to the demonstration? What media attention did it receive?
Examine Moody's upbringing and write 500 words about how her upbringing molded her into the strong and pro active person that she became.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)