|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anne only stay in New Orleans for a few days?
2. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
3. What group does Anne join in this chapter?
4. With what does Keemp impress Anne?
5. Who leads the procession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
2. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
3. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
4. Describe the march in Chapter 29.
5. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
6. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
7. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
8. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
9. How does Emma change after her injury?
10. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the demonstrations Moody describes in the book and examine how impact this event had on the Civil Rights Movements as a whole. What was the public's initial reaction to the demonstration? What media attention did it receive?
Essay Topic 2
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following the following statement: Though the Civil Rights Movement was an esssential part of creating a better life for Afro Americans, in the end the non violent measures lost their impact and a more forceful approach was needed.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the famous people Anne Moody depicts in the book and examine his/her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his/her beliefs?
2) How did he/she communicate their beleifs to the nature?
3) What impact did he/she have on the Civil Rights movement?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)