|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anne surprised to see at her graduation ceremony?
2. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
3. Where do Anne's friends take her on her birthday?
4. What does Anne say she is constantly worried about in this chapter?
5. What is the name of Anne's new college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
2. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
3. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
4. What ruins Anne's graduation?
5. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
6. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
7. What is the Mississippi project?
8. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
9. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
10. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss with the students first person point of view. Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the book do the students think are not so reliable and why? With the students discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using the first person.
Essay Topic 2
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following the following statement: Though the Civil Rights Movement was an esssential part of creating a better life for Afro Americans, in the end the non violent measures lost their impact and a more forceful approach was needed.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Moody's character to her mother's character. What are their similarities and differences? What did Anne learn from her mother? How did Anne's mother's situation and personality motivate her?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)