|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
2. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
3. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
4. Why do the negroes not quit their work at the farm?
5. Which of Anne's siblings lives with Grandma Winnie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
2. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
3. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
4. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
5. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
6. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
7. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
8. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
9. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
10. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss with the students first person point of view. Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the book do the students think are not so reliable and why? With the students discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using the first person.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Moody's character to her mother's character. What are their similarities and differences? What did Anne learn from her mother? How did Anne's mother's situation and personality motivate her?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)