|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne's father live?
2. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
3. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
4. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
5. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
2. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
3. What is college like for Anne?
4. What ruins Anne's graduation?
5. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
6. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
7. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
8. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
9. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
10. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
What events in Moody's early life influenced her decision to become a leading proponent in the Civil Rights Movement? How different do the students think Moody's life would been if she had not grown up in poverty?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following the following statement: Though the Civil Rights Movement was an esssential part of creating a better life for Afro Americans, in the end the non violent measures lost their impact and a more forceful approach was needed.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)