|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
2. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
3. Why is Bob going to Washington?
4. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
5. Which boy catches Anne's eye in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Moody's upbringing and write 500 words about how her upbringing molded her into the strong and pro active person that she became.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Moody uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Moody's character to her mother's character. What are their similarities and differences? What did Anne learn from her mother? How did Anne's mother's situation and personality motivate her?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)