|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hails Anne from the bus?
2. Who stares at Anne through her bedroom window?
3. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
4. Where does Bob ask Anne to accompany him?
5. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
2. What ruins Anne's graduation?
3. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
4. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
5. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
6. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
7. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
8. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
9. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
10. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960's.
1) Why did Afro American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960's America?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Moody's upbringing and write 500 words about how her upbringing molded her into the strong and pro active person that she became.
Essay Topic 3
Examine black femininity.
1) In what way could female Afro Americans be seen as among the oppressed people in America in the first part of the twentieth century?
2) How does Anne use her mother's character to highlight the oppression?
3) What difference did Anne Moody make to Afro American women's lives?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)