Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
2. What does Anne have to pull out from the chickens?
3. What does Essie pick at Mr. Wheeler's farm?
4. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
5. Where does Anne find work in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
2. What rumors spread about who started the fire in Chapter 11?
3. Why is Anne disgusted with the work at the chicken factory?
4. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
5. What does Essie Mae think of the Centreville Bapist Church?
6. What is the Mississippi project?
7. Why does Essie Mae like the house in Chapter 3 the best?
8. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
9. In what way is life getting better for Essie and her family in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Mama decide to change churches in Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following the following statement: Though the Civil Rights Movement was an esssential part of creating a better life for Afro Americans, in the end the non violent measures lost their impact and a more forceful approach was needed.
Essay Topic 2
What events in Moody's early life influenced her decision to become a leading proponent in the Civil Rights Movement? How different do the students think Moody's life would been if she had not grown up in poverty?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the famous people Anne Moody depicts in the book and examine his/her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his/her beliefs?
2) How did he/she communicate their beleifs to the nature?
3) What impact did he/she have on the Civil Rights movement?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)