|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
2. What kind of shop does Mrs. Hunt own?
3. Where does Raymond head to find work?
4. What does Miss RIce tell Anne about in this chapter?
5. What does Essie change her name to in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What terrible event occurs in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Essie Mae's mother think the house is dangerous in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Essie Mae like the house in Chapter 3 the best?
4. What happens to Anne in Baton Rogue?
5. Why does Mama decide to change churches in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Anne fear for her life in Chapter 10?
7. What event opens Anne's eyes to racial injustice in Chapter 10?
8. How does Anne take her mind off what is happening in Centreville?
9. What are Essie Mae's initial fears about working in the cotton fields?
10. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Moody use character and setting to express her themes?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro Americans? What was life like for Afro Amaerican before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
How do Anne's Christian beliefs influence her approach to fighting racism? How does Anne's approach change when she lost her faith?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)