|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne hope to earn enough money for in New Orleans?
(a) A basketball
(c) New clothes
(d) Her own business
2. What does Anne change her major to in this chapter?
(c) Sport Studies
3. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
(a) The NAACP
(b) The RGCP
(c) The Ku Klux Klan
(d) The Nation of Islam
4. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
(a) A graduation hat
(b) A new coat
(d) A new dress
5. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the only other black person in the car?
2. For what is Mr. Chinn arrested?
3. What does Anne receive for the first time?
4. In what state is Natchez College located?
5. Who turns Anne away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
2. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
3. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
4. What is the Mississippi project?
5. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
6. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
7. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
8. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
9. How does Emma change after her injury?
10. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)