|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
(a) Baton Rouge
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York
2. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
(b) Canned goods
(c) New clothes
3. What is the name of Anne's professor?
(a) Tom Kempt
(b) Peter Moran
(c) John Salter
(d) David Sellars
4. Who leads the procession?
(a) An old man
(c) Reverend King
5. To what college does Anne get a scholarship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anne surprised to see at her graduation ceremony?
2. Where does Anne's father take Emma in this chapter?
3. How does Anne describe the Negroes' attitude towards voting?
4. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
5. Who do Anne and Lenora throw a party for in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
2. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
3. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
4. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
5. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
6. What ruins Anne's graduation?
7. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
8. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
9. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
10. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)