|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne think the speeches are full of?
2. What does Anne change her major to in this chapter?
(a) Sport Studies
3. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
(a) Her wedding
(b) An exam
(c) A demonstration
4. Where does the NAACP hold a convention on this chapter?
5. Whose famous speech takes place during the Washington march?
(a) Elvis Presley
(b) Malcolm X
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Stokely Carmichael
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns Anne away?
2. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
3. What city does Anne want to go to to finish high school?
4. Who does Anne start to date in this chapter?
5. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
2. Why is Anne disappointed with the march in Chapter 24?
3. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
4. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
5. What is college like for Anne?
6. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
7. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
8. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
9. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
10. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)