|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
(a) New clothes
(c) Canned goods
2. Who leads the procession?
(c) Reverend King
(d) An old man
3. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
(a) The Nation of Islam
(b) The RGCP
(c) The NAACP
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
4. Where does Anne's father live?
5. Who lets Anne stay with him?
(a) Uncle George
(b) Uncle Ed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne think the speeches are full of?
2. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
3. Why is Anne worried about attending Tougaloo?
4. To what college does Anne get a scholarship?
5. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
2. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
3. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
4. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
5. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
6. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
7. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
8. What is college like for Anne?
9. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
10. Why is Anne disappointed with the march in Chapter 24?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)