|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
(a) New York
(b) New Orleans
(d) Baton Rouge
2. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
(a) The Love Thy Negro Movement
(b) The Educate the Uneducated Movement
(c) The Anti-Racist Movement
(d) The Separate but Equal movement
3. Why does Leonara move in with Anne?
(a) She splits from her boyfriend.
(b) She is a fugitive.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is kicked off her plantation.
4. In what city does CORE open up an office?
5. Whose famous speech takes place during the Washington march?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Stokely Carmichael
(d) Elvis Presley
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer do after he rapes the black girl?
2. By whom is a negro girl raped?
3. Why does Anne only stay in New Orleans for a few days?
4. Of what kind of approach does Anne say she is tired?
5. Where does Anne's father live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
2. What is the Mississippi project?
3. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
4. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
5. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
6. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
7. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
8. What ruins Anne's graduation?
9. What is college like for Anne?
10. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)