|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter Anne receives say?
(a) She has a scholarship to Harvard.
(b) It threatens her with death.
(c) Her Natchez credit have cleared.
(d) She has to attend court.
2. Who is Mr Chinn walking with in this chapter?
(a) The riot police
(b) The Ku Klux Klan
(c) A dog
(d) A chain gang
3. What does Bob call Clift's death?
(a) A terror killing
(b) A political murder
(c) The beginning of a holocaust
(d) The ugly face of southern culture
4. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
(a) The Anti-Racist Movement
(b) The Educate the Uneducated Movement
(c) The Separate but Equal movement
(d) The Love Thy Negro Movement
5. Where are the students gathered at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The town square
(b) The town hall
(c) A church
(d) The town clock
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne describe the Negroes' attitude towards voting?
2. Who does Joan work for?
3. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
4. What does Anne change her major to in this chapter?
5. What is the Mississippi project designed to register?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
2. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
3. What ruins Anne's graduation?
4. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
5. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
6. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
7. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
8. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
9. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
10. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)