|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
(a) Bob Moses
(b) Reverend King
(c) Mrs. Chinn
(d) Dave Davis
2. Who does Anne fear will come to Canton?
(a) Jim Davis
(b) Elvis Presley
(c) Henry Ford
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
3. What does Anne change her major to in this chapter?
(d) Sport Studies
4. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
(b) Mr. Hicks
(c) Lily White
(d) Mr. Ketih
5. What does the letter Anne receives say?
(a) She has a scholarship to Harvard.
(b) It threatens her with death.
(c) She has to attend court.
(d) Her Natchez credit have cleared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
2. What does Anne lose her faith in in this chapter?
3. Who does Anne contact when she is out of money?
4. What impresses Anne about her new college?
5. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is college like for Anne?
2. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
3. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
5. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
6. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
7. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
8. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
9. Describe the march in Chapter 29.
10. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)