|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns Anne away?
(c) Grandma Winnie
(d) Uncle George Lee
2. What does Anne hope to earn enough money for in New Orleans?
(b) New clothes
(c) Her own business
(d) A basketball
3. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
4. What does Anne learn after she buys the new clothes for the girls?
(a) Her father has had an accident.
(b) The two girls are rich.
(c) The two girls are white.
(d) A shipment of clothes will be arriving.
5. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
(a) A gun
(b) A brick
(c) A knife
(d) A cane
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Mr. Chinn arrested?
2. Whose is Clift's sister?
3. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
4. Why is Anne worried about attending Tougaloo?
5. Who does Anne start to date in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
2. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
3. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
4. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
5. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
6. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
7. What is college like for Anne?
8. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
9. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
10. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)