|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
2. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
(a) A brick
(b) A cane
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
3. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
4. What is the name of Anne's professor?
(a) David Sellars
(b) Tom Kempt
(c) Peter Moran
(d) John Salter
5. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
(c) New clothes
(d) Canned goods
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter Anne receives say?
2. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
3. Where are the students gathered at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
5. What song do the people on the bus sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
2. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
3. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
4. What is college like for Anne?
5. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
6. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
7. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
8. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
9. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
10. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)