|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anne's father take Emma in this chapter?
(a) A fair
(c) A workhouse
(d) A fancy restaurant
2. What do the students find in their grits?
(d) Cigarette ash
3. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
(a) James Dean
(b) Presidnt Kennedy
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Medgar Evans
4. What does Anne change her major to in this chapter?
(c) Sport Studies
5. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
(a) A knife
(b) A brick
(c) A gun
(d) A cane
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the negroes not quit their work at the farm?
2. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
3. What is the name of Anne's new college?
4. In what part of New Orleans does Anne secure a job?
5. To what college does Anne get a scholarship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
3. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
4. How does Emma change after her injury?
5. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
6. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
7. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
8. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
9. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
10. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)