|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Anne about her new college?
(a) The beautiful campus
(b) The variety of classes
(c) The boys
(d) The teachers
2. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
(a) Dave Davis
(b) Bob Moses
(c) Reverend King
(d) Mrs. Chinn
3. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
(b) New clothes
(c) Canned goods
4. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
(a) The Anti-Racist Movement
(b) The Love Thy Negro Movement
(c) The Educate the Uneducated Movement
(d) The Separate but Equal movement
5. At what store is a sit-in organized?
(a) Tower Records
(c) Radio Shack
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous person has been assassinated?
2. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
3. What does Anne propose they do at the bus depot?
4. In what state is Natchez College located?
5. What does Anne lose her faith in in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emma change after her injury?
2. What is the Mississippi project?
3. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
4. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
5. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
6. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
7. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
8. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
9. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
10. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)