|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
(b) Lily White
(c) Mr. Ketih
(d) Mr. Hicks
2. What is the name of Anne's professor?
(a) Peter Moran
(b) John Salter
(c) David Sellars
(d) Tom Kempt
3. With what does Keemp impress Anne?
(a) His conversation
(b) His humor
(c) His basketball skills
(d) His passion
4. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
5. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
(a) A knife
(b) A brick
(c) A gun
(d) A cane
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bob going to Washington?
2. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
3. At what store is a sit-in organized?
4. Why do the negroes not quit their work at the farm?
5. Why does Anne's relationship with Keemp end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
2. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
3. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
4. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
5. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
6. What is college like for Anne?
7. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
8. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
9. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
10. How does Anne encourage people to vote in Chapter 23?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)