|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
(a) Medgar Evans
(b) James Dean
(c) Presidnt Kennedy
(d) Martin Luther King
2. At what store is a sit-in organized?
(a) Tower Records
(b) Radio Shack
3. In what part of New Orleans does Anne secure a job?
(a) Canal Street
(b) Maple Hill
(c) The French Quarter
(d) Ninth Ward
4. Where does the NAACP hold a convention on this chapter?
5. Whose famous speech takes place during the Washington march?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Stokely Carmichael
(c) Malcolm X
(d) Elvis Presley
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
2. Samuel O'Quinn is killed by _______________.
3. Where are the Kings leaving for at the end of this chapter?
4. What is the name of the only other black person in the car?
5. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
2. How does Emma change after her injury?
3. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
4. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
6. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
7. What is the Mississippi project?
8. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
9. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
10. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)