|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Samuel O'Quinn is killed by _______________.
(a) A shotgun
(b) A spear
(c) A machete
(d) An automobile
2. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
(a) A bar
(b) A cafe
(c) A bordello
(d) A restaurant
3. Why is Bob going to Washington?
(a) To testify
(b) To march
(c) To perform with his band
(d) To preach
4. Who stares at Anne through her bedroom window?
(b) Mr. Hicks
5. What does the letter Anne receives say?
(a) It threatens her with death.
(b) Her Natchez credit have cleared.
(c) She has to attend court.
(d) She has a scholarship to Harvard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous person has been assassinated?
2. Who is Anne surprised to see at her graduation ceremony?
3. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
4. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
5. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
2. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
3. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
4. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
5. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
6. What is college like for Anne?
7. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
8. What is the Mississippi project?
9. How does Emma change after her injury?
10. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)