|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
(a) The RGCP
(b) The Nation of Islam
(c) The NAACP
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
2. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
3. Whose is Clift's sister?
(b) Miss Pearl
(c) Mrs. Jenkins
(d) Mrs. Chinn
4. Where are the students gathered at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The town clock
(b) A church
(c) The town hall
(d) The town square
5. What does Anne have to do to make up her credits?
(a) Teach summer school
(b) Work with disabled children
(c) Attend summer school
(d) Run a marathon
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
2. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
3. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
4. What does Anne say she is constantly worried about in this chapter?
5. What is the name of Anne's new college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
2. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
3. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
4. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
5. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
6. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
7. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
8. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
9. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
10. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)