|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does Anne join in this chapter?
(a) The CODY
(b) The NSPCC
(c) The COP
(d) The NAACP
2. Who leads the procession?
(a) An old man
(b) Reverend King
3. Who is Anne surprised to see at her graduation ceremony?
(a) Her father
(b) Her gramdmother
(c) Her mother
(d) Her brother
4. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
(a) Canned goods
(d) New clothes
5. Which boy catches Anne's eye in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
2. What song do the people on the bus sing?
3. Who does Anne contact when she is out of money?
4. Samuel O'Quinn is killed by _______________.
5. What impresses Anne about her new college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
2. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
3. How does O'Quinn's death affect Anne?
4. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
5. Describe Mr and Mrs Chinn.
6. Why is the car ride with Reverend King so tense?
7. What ruins Anne's graduation?
8. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
9. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
10. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)