|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Medgar Evans
(c) Presidnt Kennedy
(d) James Dean
2. Samuel O'Quinn is killed by _______________.
(a) An automobile
(b) A spear
(c) A shotgun
(d) A machete
3. Who hails Anne from the bus?
(a) Mrs. Chinn
(b) Mr. Chinn
(c) Dave Jones
(d) Bob Moses
4. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
(a) A knife
(b) A brick
(c) A cane
(d) A gun
5. Whose is Clift's sister?
(a) Miss Pearl
(b) Mrs. Jenkins
(d) Mrs. Chinn
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
2. Who is Anne surprised to see at her graduation ceremony?
3. Who is Mr Chinn walking with in this chapter?
4. Why is Bob going to Washington?
5. What does Anne learn after she buys the new clothes for the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
2. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
3. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
4. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
5. Why does Anne stay on the campus after college has finished?
6. What ruins Anne's graduation?
7. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
8. What is the differences between canvassing in New Orleans and canvassing in Mississippi?
9. In what way are Anne and her friends discriminated against in Chapter 21?
10. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)