|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anne's father live?
2. Of what kind of approach does Anne say she is tired?
(a) The violent approach
(b) The creeping from behind approach
(c) The non-violent approach
(d) The softly softly approach
3. What does Mama send Anne in this chapter?
(b) New clothes
(c) Canned goods
4. Why is Anne worried about attending Tougaloo?
(a) Is it is for light skinned negroes.
(b) It is for whites.
(c) It is far from home.
(d) It is the best college in the country.
5. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne describe the Negroes' attitude towards voting?
2. Why is Bob going to Washington?
3. At what store is a sit-in organized?
4. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
5. Why does Anne only stay in New Orleans for a few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Anne's ideas changed by the end of the book?
2. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
3. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
4. What is the Mississippi project?
5. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
6. In what way does life get better for Anne on campus in Chapter 19?
7. How does Anne spend her first paycheck?
8. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
9. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
10. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)