|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
(a) The Love Thy Negro Movement
(b) The Anti-Racist Movement
(c) The Educate the Uneducated Movement
(d) The Separate but Equal movement
2. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
(a) Lily White
(b) Mr. Hicks
(c) Mr. Ketih
3. Why is Bob going to Washington?
(a) To march
(b) To preach
(c) To perform with his band
(d) To testify
4. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
5. Who is Mr Chinn walking with in this chapter?
(a) A dog
(b) The Ku Klux Klan
(c) The riot police
(d) A chain gang
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what kind of approach does Anne say she is tired?
2. Where do Anne's friends take her on her birthday?
3. In what state does Anne stay overnight in this chapter?
4. In what city does CORE open up an office?
5. Where is the march held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Leonara have to leave the plantation where she lived?
2. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
3. How has Mr. and Mrs. Chinn's situation changed in the final chapter?
4. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
5. Describe the march in Chapter 29.
6. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
7. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
8. How does Anne's strong personality help her at her new college?
9. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
10. What is the Mississippi project?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)