|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the NAACP hold a convention on this chapter?
2. Which of Anne's siblings lives with Grandma Winnie?
3. In what city does CORE open up an office?
4. Which boy catches Anne's eye in this chapter?
5. What does Anne buy for two girls in this chapter?
(a) A puppy
(b) New clothes
(c) Golf clubs
(d) A car
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anne worried about attending Tougaloo?
2. Whose is Clift's sister?
3. Who hails Anne from the bus?
4. At what store is a sit-in organized?
5. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emma change after her injury?
2. How does Keemp and Anne's relationship develop?
3. How does Anne show her strong nature when she joins the basketball team in Chapter 17?
4. How are things starting to turn bad in Canton in Chapter 26?
5. How does President Kennedy's death affect Anne?
6. How does Anne's life change at the beginning of Chapter 18?
7. How is Samuel O'Quinn murdered?
8. Describe the march in Chapter 29.
9. Describe Anne's first night in New Orleans in Chapter 27.
10. What happens to Anne and her friend at the bus depot?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)