|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
(a) Swanee River
(b) Goodnight Irene
(c) Where Did You Sleep?
(d) Morning Has Broken
2. What does Miss RIce tell Anne about in this chapter?
(a) The treatment of blacks in the south
(b) The Civil Rights Movement
(c) Anne's homeland
(d) The birds and the bees
3. What organization does Anne hear about in this chapter?
(a) The suffragettes
(b) The NAACP
(c) The RSPCB
(d) The RSPCA
4. What lesson does Anne take twice a week?
(a) Piano lessons
(b) Trumpet lessons
(c) German lessons
(d) French lessons
5. Who does Raymond bring to live with them?
(d) Miss Pearl
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new church the family attends?
2. How is Jennie Ann related to Essie?
3. Why does Essie not want to work in the fields?
4. What kind of animal does Raymond buy?
5. What is the name of Anne's teacher in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the working conditions at the chicken factory.
2. What terrible event occurs in Chapter 11?
3. What rumors spread about who started the fire in Chapter 11?
4. Why is Anne disgusted with the work at the chicken factory?
5. What happens to Anne in Baton Rogue?
6. Why does Raymond have to stop farming in Chapter 6?
7. How does Essie's family afford to buy her a new dress as Homecoming Queen in Chapter 8?
8. How does the family earn enough money for new school clothes?
9. Why does Mama need Raymond?
10. In what way is Linda kind to Essie in Chapter 7?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)