|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
(a) New school clothes
(b) Cotton seeds
(d) More animals
2. What is the name of Raymond's sister?
3. What kind of creature often comes out of the swamp?
(a) A snake
(b) A toad
(c) A lizard
(d) A crocodile
4. Who does Anne work for in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Hunt
(b) Mrs. Smith
(c) Mrs. Burke
(d) Mrs. Jenkins
5. What kind of factory does Anne work in in this chapter?
(a) A drinks factory
(b) A weapons factory
(c) A pie factory
(d) A chicken factory
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Essie go to to pick up a letter?
2. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
3. How is Jennie Ann related to Essie?
4. What lesson does Anne take twice a week?
5. What kind of shop does Mrs. Hunt own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama need Raymond?
2. How does the family earn enough money for new school clothes?
3. Describe Anne's time as a dish washer in Chapter 15.
4. Why does Raymond have to stop farming in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Anne fear for her life in Chapter 10?
6. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
7. How do Essie's old, tight-fitting clothes benefit her in Chapter 8?
8. How does Essie's family afford to buy her a new dress as Homecoming Queen in Chapter 8?
9. Why does Essie Mae's mother think the house is dangerous in Chapter 2?
10. Describe Essie Mae's early life.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)