|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Raymond head to find work?
(a) New York
2. How does Essie impress the white children?
(a) She knows sport statistics.
(b) She makes horse noises.
(c) She makes Indian noises.
(d) She performs hand stands.
3. Who house is set ablaze in this chapter?
(a) The Taplins
(b) The Robinsons
(c) The Smiths
(d) The Diamonds
4. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
(a) Captain of the basketball team
(b) School monitor
(c) Head girl
(d) Homecoming Queen
5. How are Ed's younger brothers different from the rest of the family?
(a) They are white.
(b) They are disabled.
(c) They are albinos.
(d) They are Asian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Ola allow Essie to sleep in?
2. Where is Essie baptized?
3. What do Raymond and Mama pray for to help the cotton grow?
4. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
5. The boys say the pond is full of _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Essie Mae like the house in Chapter 3 the best?
2. Describe Anne's routine in Chapter 13.
3. Describe Anne's life when she arrives back in Centreville.
4. Why does Essie refuse to eat Miss Ola's food?
5. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
6. What rumors spread about who started the fire in Chapter 11?
7. How is life starting to get tough for the family?
8. What does Essie Mae think of the Centreville Bapist Church?
9. How does Essie Mae's father cause the family problems?
10. How does Essie's family afford to buy her a new dress as Homecoming Queen in Chapter 8?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)