|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of factory does Anne work in in this chapter?
(a) A chicken factory
(b) A weapons factory
(c) A pie factory
(d) A drinks factory
2. What organization does Anne hear about in this chapter?
(a) The RSPCA
(b) The suffragettes
(c) The NAACP
(d) The RSPCB
3. What is Mr. Jenkins' father known as?
(a) A bully boy
(b) A great fisherman
(c) A liberal
(d) A nigger hater
4. What is the name of Raymond's mother?
(a) Miss Thompson
(b) Miss Pearl
(c) Miss Louise
(d) Miss Jackson
5. Whose house does Essie go to to pick up a letter?
(a) Mrs. Jenkins'
(c) Mrs Burke's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond find in the field?
2. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
3. Who does Anne begin working for at the end of this chapter?
4. What do Raymond and Mama pray for to help the cotton grow?
5. Why does Essie stop working for Mrs Jenkins in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the working conditions at the chicken factory.
2. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
3. How does Essie get her name changed in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Essie Mae like the house in Chapter 3 the best?
5. Describe Essie Mae's early life.
6. How is life starting to get tough for the family?
7. Why does Mama need Raymond?
8. Why is Anne disgusted with the work at the chicken factory?
9. How does Mrs. Burke react to Anne's comments on school integration?
10. How do Essie's old, tight-fitting clothes benefit her in Chapter 8?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)