|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
(a) New school clothes
(b) A television
(c) A horse
(d) Make up
2. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Burke
(b) Mrs. Robinson
(c) Mrs. Tucker
(d) Mrs. Jenkins
3. What kind of shop does Mrs. Hunt own?
(a) A ladies shop
(b) A music store
(c) A food store
(d) A gentlemen tailors
4. Whose house does Essie go to to pick up a letter?
(b) Mrs Burke's
(c) Mrs. Jenkins'
5. Who sets fire to the house in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Anne take twice a week?
2. Where should blacks go in the movie theater?
3. Where does Anne find work in this chapter?
4. What color frame does Essie's new house have?
5. Why does Mrs. Burke send Anne home in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the working conditions at the chicken factory.
2. Why does Mama need Raymond?
3. Why does Essie refuse to eat Miss Ola's food?
4. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
5. How does Essie's family afford to buy her a new dress as Homecoming Queen in Chapter 8?
6. How do Essie's old, tight-fitting clothes benefit her in Chapter 8?
7. Describe Anne's routine in Chapter 13.
8. Why does Anne fear for her life in Chapter 10?
9. What terrible event occurs in Chapter 11?
10. Describe Anne's life when she arrives back in Centreville.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)