Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
(a) A horse
(b) New school clothes
(c) Make up
(d) A television
2. What does Anne have to pull out from the chickens?
(a) Their brains
(b) Their guts
(c) Their feathers
(d) Their feet
3. What does Essie pick at Mr. Wheeler's farm?
(b) Crab apples
4. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
(a) A funny cigarette
(b) A cigar
(c) An electrical fault
(d) A kerosene lamp
5. Where does Anne find work in this chapter?
(a) Restaurant Civilized
(b) The Jackson Chicken Farm
(c) The Art Cafe
(d) Ourso's Department Store
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Anne's teacher in this chapter?
2. Who do the blacks claim the fire was meant to scare?
3. Who looks after Essie Mae and her sister while their parents are at work?
4. Where do Essie's parents work?
5. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What turns Anne away from God in Chapter 25?
2. What rumors spread about who started the fire in Chapter 11?
3. Why is Anne disgusted with the work at the chicken factory?
4. How does Anne's mother respond to her joining the NAACP?
5. What does Essie Mae think of the Centreville Bapist Church?
6. What is the Mississippi project?
7. Why does Essie Mae like the house in Chapter 3 the best?
8. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
9. In what way is life getting better for Essie and her family in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Mama decide to change churches in Chapter 5?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)