|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boys say the pond is full of _______________.
(a) Cow dung
2. What does Essie love hearing at Centreville Church?
(a) The preacher
(b) The local gossip
(c) The choir
(d) The radio
3. What is the name of Raymond's mother?
(a) Miss Thompson
(b) Miss Pearl
(c) Miss Jackson
(d) Miss Louise
4. What trend does Essie start at school?
(a) Wearing holly in her hair
(b) Wearing socks over her tights
(c) Wearing tight clothes
(d) Wearing lipstick
5. What lesson does Anne take twice a week?
(a) French lessons
(b) Piano lessons
(c) German lessons
(d) Trumpet lessons
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of chicken can Anne no longer eat?
2. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
3. What do Anne's school friends call her?
4. Who does Anne start working for again in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the new church the family attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's time as a dish washer in Chapter 15.
2. Describe Essie Mae's early life.
3. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
4. Why does Essie Mae like the house in Chapter 3 the best?
5. Why is Anne disgusted with the work at the chicken factory?
6. What are Essie Mae's initial fears about working in the cotton fields?
7. Describe Anne's life when she arrives back in Centreville.
8. What happens to Anne in Baton Rogue?
9. Describe Anne's routine in Chapter 13.
10. Why does Anne fear for her life in Chapter 10?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)