|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Anne teach Wayne and his friends?
2. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) Her father's absence
(b) The death of a friend
(c) A hole in her tights
(d) The song
3. Who does Anne begin working for at the end of this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Davis
(b) Miss Pearl
(c) Mrs. Jenkins
(d) Mrs. Hunt
4. What church does the family return to in this chapter?
(a) The Laurel
(b) The Sacrifice
(c) Mount Pleasant
(d) Saints and Sinners
5. In what city does Anne look for work in this chapter?
(a) New york
(b) Baton Rouge
(d) Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Ed's younger brothers different from the rest of the family?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Burke's son?
3. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
4. What kind of factory does Anne work in in this chapter?
5. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's routine in Chapter 13.
2. In what way is life getting better for Essie and her family in Chapter 4?
3. How does Anne take her mind off what is happening in Centreville?
4. How does Essie's family afford to buy her a new dress as Homecoming Queen in Chapter 8?
5. Describe Essie Mae's early life.
6. What are Essie Mae's initial fears about working in the cotton fields?
7. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
8. How does Mrs. Burke react to Anne's comments on school integration?
9. How is life starting to get tough for the family?
10. What happens to Anne in Baton Rogue?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)