|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Raymond and Mama pray for to help the cotton grow?
(b) More animals
2. Which of the following rooms does the new house not have?
(a) A kitchen
(b) A hallway
(c) A bedroom
(d) A bathroom
3. What color frame does Essie's new house have?
4. Why does Anne decide to work for Mrs Burke?
(a) The family needs money.
(b) She likes her.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She wants to buy new clothes.
5. Who does Essie learn was once in prison?
(d) The preacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
2. What does Miss Ola allow Essie to sleep in?
3. What kind of creature often comes out of the swamp?
4. Who is killed in this chapter?
5. What do Anne's school friends call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family earn enough money for new school clothes?
2. How does Essie Mae's father cause the family problems?
3. Describe Anne's routine in Chapter 13.
4. Describe the working conditions at the chicken factory.
5. How is life starting to get tough for the family?
6. Why does Mama decide to change churches in Chapter 5?
7. How does Anne take her mind off what is happening in Centreville?
8. Describe the house Raymond builds in Chapter 4.
9. What event opens Anne's eyes to racial injustice in Chapter 10?
10. How does Mrs. Burke react to Anne's comments on school integration?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)