|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Natchez College located?
(c) St. Loius
2. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
(a) On campus
(b) The bus depot
(d) At a restaurant
3. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
4. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
(a) Dave Davis
(b) Bob Moses
(c) Mrs. Chinn
(d) Reverend King
5. What does Bob call Clift's death?
(a) The beginning of a holocaust
(b) The ugly face of southern culture
(c) A terror killing
(d) A political murder
6. Why do the negroes not quit their work at the farm?
(a) They enjoy their work.
(b) They don't think the girl was raped.
(c) They are afraid.
(d) They need money.
7. What is the name of the couple Anne meets in Canton?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Forum
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Chinn
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Dram
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Hanky
8. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
9. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
(a) Her wedding
(c) An exam
(d) A demonstration
10. Who does Anne start to date in this chapter?
(a) Dave Jones
(b) Roger Deakins
(c) John Smith
(d) Malcolm Browne
11. Where does Anne's father live?
12. What does Anne lose her faith in in this chapter?
(b) The Civil Rights Movement
13. What is the name of Anne's professor?
(a) John Salter
(b) David Sellars
(c) Tom Kempt
(d) Peter Moran
14. Where do Anne's friends take her on her birthday?
(a) A hockey game
(b) A go go club
(c) A restaurant
(d) A nightclub
15. Of what kind of approach does Anne say she is tired?
(a) The softly softly approach
(b) The non-violent approach
(c) The violent approach
(d) The creeping from behind approach
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
2. Who lets Anne stay with him?
3. What do the students find in their grits?
4. What is the name of Anne's father's partner?
5. Why is Bob going to Washington?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)