|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
(a) A cafe
(b) A restaurant
(c) A bar
(d) A bordello
2. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
(a) The Anti-Racist Movement
(b) The Separate but Equal movement
(c) The Love Thy Negro Movement
(d) The Educate the Uneducated Movement
3. What does Anne change her major to in this chapter?
(d) Sport Studies
4. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
5. Why is Anne worried about attending Tougaloo?
(a) It is the best college in the country.
(b) Is it is for light skinned negroes.
(c) It is far from home.
(d) It is for whites.
6. Why does Anne's relationship with Keemp end?
(a) She refuses to sleep with.
(b) She refuses to marry him.
(c) She gets bored with him.
(d) She wants to concentrate on her education.
7. Where does the NAACP hold a convention on this chapter?
8. What does Anne say she is constantly worried about in this chapter?
(a) Her appearance
(b) Her family
9. What is the name of the couple Anne meets in Canton?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Chinn
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Forum
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Dram
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Hanky
10. Samuel O'Quinn is killed by _______________.
(a) An automobile
(b) A machete
(c) A spear
(d) A shotgun
11. What city does Anne want to go to to finish high school?
(a) New Orleans
(c) El Paso
(d) Baton Rouge
12. Who lets Anne stay with him?
(a) Uncle Ed
(d) Uncle George
13. What does Anne propose they do at the bus depot?
(a) Sit on the whites only side
(c) Sing political songs
14. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
(a) Dave Davis
(b) Reverend King
(c) Mrs. Chinn
(d) Bob Moses
15. What do the students find in their grits?
(a) Cigarette ash
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hails Anne from the bus?
2. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
3. In what city does CORE open up an office?
4. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
5. Where are the students gathered at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)