|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns Anne away?
(b) Grandma Winnie
(d) Uncle George Lee
2. What is the name of the only other black person in the car?
(a) Reverend King
3. Who does Anne contact when she is out of money?
(a) Her mother
(b) Mrs. Burke
(c) Her basketball coach
(d) Her father
4. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A bar
(c) A cafe
(d) A bordello
5. Which of Anne's siblings lives with Grandma Winnie?
6. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
(a) She cries during a speech.
(b) She gives out free cookies and lemonade.
(c) She runs for election herself.
(d) She produces an anti-racist documentary.
7. What does Anne receive for the first time?
(a) Her first commission
(b) Her first birthday card
(c) Her paycheck
(d) A rifle
8. What is the name of Anne's new college?
9. What city does Anne want to go to to finish high school?
(a) New Orleans
(b) Baton Rouge
(d) El Paso
10. Who is Anne surprised to see at her graduation ceremony?
(a) Her father
(b) Her brother
(c) Her gramdmother
(d) Her mother
11. Who does Anne fear will come to Canton?
(a) Henry Ford
(b) Jim Davis
(c) The Ku Klux Klan
(d) Elvis Presley
12. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
(a) A demonstration
(b) Her wedding
(c) An exam
13. Why does Anne's relationship with Keemp end?
(a) She refuses to marry him.
(b) She gets bored with him.
(c) She wants to concentrate on her education.
(d) She refuses to sleep with.
14. Why do the negroes not quit their work at the farm?
(a) They don't think the girl was raped.
(b) They are afraid.
(c) They need money.
(d) They enjoy their work.
15. Why does Anne only stay in New Orleans for a few days?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She has to go on another demonstration.
(c) It is becoming violent.
(d) She wants to see her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne have to do to make up her credits?
2. What does Mr. Hicks coach?
3. Who is Mr Chinn walking with in this chapter?
4. Who does Joan work for?
5. Who does Anne start to date in this chapter?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)