|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
(a) Mr. Hicks
(b) Lily White
(c) Mr. Ketih
2. Where does Bob ask Anne to accompany him?
(a) Washington D.C
3. How does Anne describe the Negroes' attitude towards voting?
4. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
5. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
(a) She cries during a speech.
(b) She runs for election herself.
(c) She produces an anti-racist documentary.
(d) She gives out free cookies and lemonade.
6. What city does Anne want to go to to finish high school?
(a) New Orleans
(b) Baton Rouge
(c) El Paso
7. By whom is a negro girl raped?
(a) A black farmer
(b) A white farmer
(c) A sheriff
(d) A Ku Klux Klan member
8. What impresses Anne about her new college?
(a) The boys
(b) The teachers
(c) The variety of classes
(d) The beautiful campus
9. Which of Anne's siblings lives with Grandma Winnie?
10. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
(b) A new dress
(c) A new coat
(d) A graduation hat
11. Who is Anne surprised to see at her graduation ceremony?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her gramdmother
(c) Her brother
(d) Her father
12. With what does the drunken white man threaten the students?
(a) A gun
(b) A brick
(c) A cane
(d) A knife
13. Who is Mr Chinn walking with in this chapter?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan
(b) The riot police
(c) A chain gang
(d) A dog
14. What is the name of the only other black person in the car?
(b) Reverend King
15. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
(a) A bar
(b) A cafe
(c) A bordello
(d) A restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne celebrate in this chapter?
2. Where are the students gathered at the beginning of the chapter?
3. Why does Anne's relationship with Keemp end?
4. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
5. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)