|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Her birthday
(b) New years
(c) The anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement
(d) Her brother's birthday
2. At what store is a sit-in organized?
(c) Radio Shack
(d) Tower Records
3. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
(a) A bar
(b) A restaurant
(c) A bordello
(d) A cafe
4. Why does Leonara move in with Anne?
(a) She is kicked off her plantation.
(b) She is a fugitive.
(c) She splits from her boyfriend.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What city does Anne want to go to to finish high school?
(a) New Orleans
(b) Baton Rouge
(c) El Paso
6. How does Anne describe the Negroes' attitude towards voting?
7. Where does Anne's father live?
8. What does Anne say she is constantly worried about in this chapter?
(a) Her appearance
(d) Her family
9. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
10. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
(a) The Ku Klux Klan
(b) The RGCP
(c) The NAACP
(d) The Nation of Islam
11. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
(a) Her leg
(b) Her ear
(c) Her foot
(d) Her hand
12. What does Anne think the speeches are full of?
13. What do the students find in their grits?
(b) Cigarette ash
14. What does Anne learn after she buys the new clothes for the girls?
(a) The two girls are rich.
(b) A shipment of clothes will be arriving.
(c) Her father has had an accident.
(d) The two girls are white.
15. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the negroes not quit their work at the farm?
2. What is the Mississippi project designed to register?
3. What does the farmer do after he rapes the black girl?
4. Who does Joan work for?
5. What is the name of Anne's professor?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)