|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Mississippi project designed to register?
(a) Negro children
(b) Negro politicians
(c) Negro police officers
(d) Negro voters
2. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
(a) Mr. Hicks
(b) Mr. Ketih
(c) Lily White
3. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
(a) Judgment Day
(b) The Fourth of July
(c) New Years Day
(d) Freedom Day
4. What does the letter Anne receives say?
(a) Her Natchez credit have cleared.
(b) It threatens her with death.
(c) She has a scholarship to Harvard.
(d) She has to attend court.
5. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
6. What is the name of Anne's new basketball coach?
(a) Miss Adams
(b) Mr, Jenkins
(c) Miss Goodwin
(d) Mr. Horace
7. What does Anne celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Her birthday
(b) Her brother's birthday
(c) New years
(d) The anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement
8. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
(a) She organizes a demonstration.
(b) She enters a talent contest.
(c) She gives away sweets.
(d) She joins the debating team.
9. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
(a) Her hand
(b) Her leg
(c) Her ear
(d) Her foot
10. Where are the Kings leaving for at the end of this chapter?
(b) The coast
(d) New York
11. Who does Joan work for?
(a) The NOD
(b) The NAACP
(c) The RAF
(d) The SNCC
12. Whose is Clift's sister?
(a) Mrs. Chinn
(c) Miss Pearl
(d) Mrs. Jenkins
13. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
(a) The Educate the Uneducated Movement
(b) The Separate but Equal movement
(c) The Love Thy Negro Movement
(d) The Anti-Racist Movement
14. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
(a) Dave Davis
(b) Bob Moses
(c) Reverend King
(d) Mrs. Chinn
15. Which of Anne's siblings lives with Grandma Winnie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne hope to earn enough money for in New Orleans?
2. Why is Anne worried about attending Tougaloo?
3. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
4. Whose famous speech takes place during the Washington march?
5. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)