|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne think the speeches are full of?
2. What does the farmer do after he rapes the black girl?
(a) Brags about it
(b) Murders the girl
(c) Kills himself
(d) Ask the sherrif to be arrested.
3. What does Anne celebrate in this chapter?
(a) The anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement
(b) Her brother's birthday
(c) New years
(d) Her birthday
4. What day is Anne going to celebrate with Dave?
(a) The Fourth of July
(b) Judgment Day
(c) Freedom Day
(d) New Years Day
5. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
(a) Medgar Evans
(b) James Dean
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Presidnt Kennedy
6. By whom is a negro girl raped?
(a) A sheriff
(b) A white farmer
(c) A Ku Klux Klan member
(d) A black farmer
7. Who does Joan work for?
(a) The RAF
(b) The NAACP
(c) The SNCC
(d) The NOD
8. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
(b) Mr. Hicks
(c) Lily White
(d) Mr. Ketih
9. Why does Anne's relationship with Keemp end?
(a) She refuses to sleep with.
(b) She wants to concentrate on her education.
(c) She gets bored with him.
(d) She refuses to marry him.
10. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
(a) New York
(b) Baton Rouge
(d) New Orleans
11. In what state is Natchez College located?
(c) St. Loius
12. How does Anne describe the Negroes' attitude towards voting?
13. Which famous person has been assassinated?
(a) Sammy Davis Jnr
(b) President Kennedy
(c) Bobby Kennedy
(d) Martin Luther King
14. Which of Anne's siblings lives with Grandma Winnie?
15. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
(a) On campus
(b) The bus depot
(c) At a restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students find in their grits?
2. What is the name of the couple Anne meets in Canton?
3. Samuel O'Quinn is killed by _______________.
4. What does Anne have to prepare for in this chapter?
5. What city does Anne want to go to to finish high school?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)