|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Her birthday
(b) New years
(c) The anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement
(d) Her brother's birthday
2. Whose is Clift's sister?
(a) Mrs. Jenkins
(b) Mrs. Chinn
(d) Miss Pearl
3. Where does the NAACP hold a convention on this chapter?
4. Where did Anne first see the drunken white man?
(a) The bus depot
(b) At a restaurant
(d) On campus
5. Who lets Anne stay with him?
(b) Uncle George
(c) Uncle Ed
6. Who turns Anne away?
(a) Grandma Winnie
(c) Uncle George Lee
7. Where is the march held?
(b) New York
8. Where does Anne go with Joan?
(b) Orange County
9. Who do Anne and Lenora throw a party for in this chapter?
10. Why does Leonara move in with Anne?
(a) She is a fugitive.
(b) She splits from her boyfriend.
(c) She is kicked off her plantation.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. What movement is Anne's new school part of?
(a) The Separate but Equal movement
(b) The Anti-Racist Movement
(c) The Love Thy Negro Movement
(d) The Educate the Uneducated Movement
12. By whom is a negro girl raped?
(a) A Ku Klux Klan member
(b) A black farmer
(c) A sheriff
(d) A white farmer
13. What does Adline buy Anne in this chapter?
(b) A graduation hat
(c) A new dress
(d) A new coat
14. Where do Anne's friends take her on her birthday?
(a) A go go club
(b) A nightclub
(c) A restaurant
(d) A hockey game
15. Who is Mr Chinn walking with in this chapter?
(a) A dog
(b) The Ku Klux Klan
(c) The riot police
(d) A chain gang
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
2. Where are the students gathered at the beginning of the chapter?
3. What does Anne think the girls on campus are treated like?
4. Who does Anne start to date in this chapter?
5. Which boy catches Anne's eye in this chapter?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)