|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Emma's body has been blown off?
(a) Her hand
(b) Her leg
(c) Her ear
(d) Her foot
2. Mama insists that Anne stays away from ______________.
(a) The RGCP
(b) The NAACP
(c) The Nation of Islam
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
3. At what store is a sit-in organized?
(a) Radio Shack
(b) Tower Records
4. Who gives a speech at campus in this chapter?
(a) Presidnt Kennedy
(b) James Dean
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Medgar Evans
5. What does Anne buy for two girls in this chapter?
(a) A puppy
(b) Golf clubs
(c) A car
(d) New clothes
6. Which of Anne's siblings is staying with Uncle George?
7. What is the name of the only other black person in the car?
(c) Reverend King
8. Which boy catches Anne's eye in this chapter?
9. In what state does Anne stay overnight in this chapter?
10. How does Anne try to make a good impression at her new college?
(a) She enters a talent contest.
(b) She gives away sweets.
(c) She organizes a demonstration.
(d) She joins the debating team.
11. What is the name of Anne's father's partner?
12. Who does Anne start to date in this chapter?
(a) Dave Jones
(b) Malcolm Browne
(c) Roger Deakins
(d) John Smith
13. Who does Anne fear will come to Canton?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan
(b) Elvis Presley
(c) Jim Davis
(d) Henry Ford
14. Which famous person has been assassinated?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Bobby Kennedy
(c) President Kennedy
(d) Sammy Davis Jnr
15. What is the name of Anne's professor?
(a) Peter Moran
(b) Tom Kempt
(c) David Sellars
(d) John Salter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Anne's siblings lives with Grandma Winnie?
2. What do the students find in their grits?
3. Where does Anne's father take Emma in this chapter?
4. Who does Anne visit in Canton?
5. Who does Mama try and encourage Anne to marry?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)