|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Ed's younger brothers different from the rest of the family?
(a) They are albinos.
(b) They are Asian.
(c) They are disabled.
(d) They are white.
2. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
(c) Mr. Jenkins
3. What kind of animal does Raymond buy?
(a) A mule
(b) A horse
(c) A goat
(d) A cow
4. Which of the following rooms does the new house not have?
(a) A hallway
(b) A kitchen
(c) A bathroom
(d) A bedroom
5. What kind of job does Anne get in Baton Rouge in this chapter?
(a) A runner
(b) A dish washer
(c) A make up artist
(d) A cleaner
6. What does Essie watch the white children doing?
(a) Playing ball
7. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
(a) Goes to a ball game
(b) Buys new school clothes
(c) Throws a party
(d) Buys a new mule
8. What organization does Anne hear about in this chapter?
(a) The suffragettes
(b) The RSPCB
(c) The NAACP
(d) The RSPCA
9. Why does Mrs. Burke send Anne home in this chapter?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She breaks a vase.
(c) She is listening to her conversation.
(d) She has no work for her.
10. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
(a) New York
(b) New Orleans
(d) Baton Rouge
11. How does Essie impress the white children?
(a) She knows sport statistics.
(b) She makes Indian noises.
(c) She makes horse noises.
(d) She performs hand stands.
12. What does Essie's father spend his free time doing?
(d) Shooting pool
13. Where should blacks go in the movie theater?
(a) The kitchens
(b) The balcony
(c) The main hall
(d) The back row
14. Who beats up Jerry?
(b) The sheriff
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
15. What is the name of the Jenkins' youngest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
2. Who does Essie learn was once in prison?
3. What is the name of Raymond's sister?
4. What does Anne have to pull out from the chickens?
5. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)