|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Anne's teacher in this chapter?
(a) Miss Davis
(b) Miss Fredericks
(c) Miss Rice
(d) Miss Younis
2. What does Miss Ola allow Essie to sleep in?
(a) A cot
(b) A double bed
(c) A four-poster bed
(d) A bunk bed
3. Who kills Emmet Till?
(a) A group of white men
(b) A group of Negroes
(c) A sheriff
(d) A government official
4. What kind of factory does Anne work in in this chapter?
(a) A chicken factory
(b) A drinks factory
(c) A pie factory
(d) A weapons factory
5. What does Essie pick at Mr. Wheeler's farm?
(c) Crab apples
6. What is the name of the Jenkins' youngest daughter?
7. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
(d) Mr. Jenkins
8. What is Lily White's real name?
9. What are the chickens attached to as they go past?
10. What church does the family return to in this chapter?
(a) The Laurel
(b) Mount Pleasant
(c) The Sacrifice
(d) Saints and Sinners
11. What does Mrs Burke accuse Junior of in this chapter?
(b) Killing chickens
(c) Sleeping with a white girl
12. Which of Anne's relatives also works in the restaurant?
(c) Grandma Winnie
13. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
(a) Goes to a ball game
(b) Buys new school clothes
(c) Buys a new mule
(d) Throws a party
14. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
(a) Morning Has Broken
(b) Goodnight Irene
(c) Where Did You Sleep?
(d) Swanee River
15. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
(a) School monitor
(b) Captain of the basketball team
(c) Homecoming Queen
(d) Head girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Essie love hearing at Centreville Church?
2. The boys say the pond is full of _______________.
3. Who sets fire to the house in Chapter 2?
4. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
5. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)