|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne begin working for at the end of this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Jenkins
(b) Mrs. Hunt
(c) Mrs. Davis
(d) Miss Pearl
2. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
(a) New school clothes
(b) More animals
(c) Cotton seeds
3. What is the name of Linda Jean's mother?
(a) Miss Daisy
(b) Miss Davis
(c) Mrs. Burke
(d) Mrs Frankel
4. Whose house does Essie go to to pick up a letter?
(c) Mrs Burke's
(d) Mrs. Jenkins'
5. Who does Anne start working for again in this chapter?
(a) Miss Rice
(b) Mrs. Burke
(c) Miss Pearl
(d) Mrs. Jenkins
6. What does Anne earn four dollars a week doing?
(a) Playing the piano
(b) Washing plates
7. Who is killed in this chapter?
(a) Martin Luther King
(c) Sean O'Connor
(d) Emmet Till
8. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
(a) A television
(b) New school clothes
(c) A horse
(d) Make up
9. What is the name of Mrs. Burke's son?
10. What do Anne's school friends call her?
11. Why does Anne decide to work for Mrs Burke?
(a) She wants to buy new clothes.
(b) The family needs money.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She likes her.
12. What is the name of Raymond's mother?
(a) Miss Pearl
(b) Miss Jackson
(c) Miss Thompson
(d) Miss Louise
13. What kind of shop does Mrs. Hunt own?
(a) A food store
(b) A music store
(c) A gentlemen tailors
(d) A ladies shop
14. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
(a) Homecoming Queen
(b) Head girl
(c) School monitor
(d) Captain of the basketball team
15. What is Jerry accused of doing?
(a) Making obscene phone calls
(b) Exposing himself
(c) Sleeping with white women
(d) Drinking in a whiteman's bar
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature often comes out of the swamp?
2. Who house is set ablaze in this chapter?
3. What do Raymond and Mama pray for to help the cotton grow?
4. What does Essie love hearing at Centreville Church?
5. What does Miss RIce tell Anne about in this chapter?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)