|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work does Raymond do in Chapter 2?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a factory worker.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He runs a cafe.
2. Why does Essie stop working for Mrs Jenkins in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Jenkins passes away.
(b) Mrs. Jenkins has no money to pay her.
(c) Anne is fired.
(d) Mrs. Jenkins moves away.
3. What kind of shop does Mrs. Hunt own?
(a) A ladies shop
(b) A music store
(c) A gentlemen tailors
(d) A food store
4. What is Lily White's real name?
5. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
(a) Where Did You Sleep?
(b) Morning Has Broken
(c) Swanee River
(d) Goodnight Irene
6. What does Miss Ola allow Essie to sleep in?
(a) A four-poster bed
(b) A bunk bed
(c) A cot
(d) A double bed
7. In what city does Anne look for work in this chapter?
(a) New york
(b) Baton Rouge
(d) Los Angeles
8. What is the name of Raymond's mother?
(a) Miss Pearl
(b) Miss Louise
(c) Miss Thompson
(d) Miss Jackson
9. Which of Anne's relatives also works in the restaurant?
(a) Grandma Winnie
10. Who buys Essie a new dress in this chapter?
(b) Grandma Winnie
11. What kind of job does Anne get in Baton Rouge in this chapter?
(a) A runner
(b) A cleaner
(c) A dish washer
(d) A make up artist
12. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
(d) Mr. Jenkins
13. Who does Anne begin working for at the end of this chapter?
(a) Miss Pearl
(b) Mrs. Jenkins
(c) Mrs. Davis
(d) Mrs. Hunt
14. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
(a) An electrical fault
(b) A cigar
(c) A kerosene lamp
(d) A funny cigarette
15. Where does Raymond head to find work?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Ed's younger brothers different from the rest of the family?
2. What trend does Essie start at school?
3. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
4. Who kills Emmet Till?
5. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)