|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color frame does Essie's new house have?
2. What lesson does Anne take twice a week?
(a) French lessons
(b) German lessons
(c) Piano lessons
(d) Trumpet lessons
3. What does Raymond find in the field?
(a) A treasure chest
(b) A machine gun
(c) A severed finger
(d) A grenade
4. What does Essie's father spend his free time doing?
(b) Shooting pool
5. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
(a) Goodnight Irene
(b) Morning Has Broken
(c) Swanee River
(d) Where Did You Sleep?
6. Who does Anne begin working for at the end of this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Davis
(b) Miss Pearl
(c) Mrs. Jenkins
(d) Mrs. Hunt
7. Who do the blacks claim the fire was meant to scare?
(a) The black community
(b) The Ku Klux Clan
(c) The sheriff
(d) The white man next door
8. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
(b) More animals
(c) New school clothes
(d) Cotton seeds
9. Who does Anne start working for again in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Jenkins
(b) Miss Rice
(c) Miss Pearl
(d) Mrs. Burke
10. What do Raymond and Mama pray for to help the cotton grow?
(d) More animals
11. Where should blacks go in the movie theater?
(a) The kitchens
(b) The main hall
(c) The balcony
(d) The back row
12. In what city does Anne look for work in this chapter?
(a) New york
(c) Los Angeles
(d) Baton Rouge
13. What kind of dance does Anne perform in this chapter?
(a) The samba
(b) An African dance
(c) A belly dance
(d) A pole dance
14. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
(d) Mr. Jenkins
15. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Jenkins
(b) Mrs. Robinson
(c) Mrs. Burke
(d) Mrs. Tucker
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Ola allow Essie to sleep in?
2. What is the name of Linda Jean's mother?
3. Which of the following rooms does the new house not have?
4. What does Essie change her name to in this chapter?
5. Why does Essie not want to work in the fields?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)