|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Anne's relatives also works in the restaurant?
(b) Grandma Winnie
2. Who does Essie learn was once in prison?
(b) The preacher
3. What does Essie love hearing at Centreville Church?
(a) The preacher
(b) The local gossip
(c) The radio
(d) The choir
4. What does Miss RIce tell Anne about in this chapter?
(a) Anne's homeland
(b) The Civil Rights Movement
(c) The birds and the bees
(d) The treatment of blacks in the south
5. What organization does Anne hear about in this chapter?
(a) The NAACP
(b) The suffragettes
(c) The RSPCA
(d) The RSPCB
6. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
(a) They have a new toilet.
(b) They are the largest family.
(c) They are the only family with an education.
(d) They are the only black family.
7. With whom does the Guild try and catch the sheriff?
(a) A black woman
(b) A black man
(c) A Ku Klux Klan member
(d) A Civil Rights leader
8. How is Jennie Ann related to Essie?
(a) Her cousin
(b) Her niece
(c) Her sister
(d) Her half sister
9. Why does Essie not want to work in the fields?
(a) She does not tolerate the heat.
(b) She wants to play with her friends.
(c) She does not like getting dirty.
(d) She wants to read.
10. What does Raymond find in the field?
(a) A treasure chest
(b) A grenade
(c) A machine gun
(d) A severed finger
11. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
(a) Throws a party
(b) Buys new school clothes
(c) Goes to a ball game
(d) Buys a new mule
12. What is the name of Raymond's sister?
13. Which of the following rooms does the new house not have?
(a) A hallway
(b) A kitchen
(c) A bathroom
(d) A bedroom
14. What kind of animal does Raymond buy?
(a) A goat
(b) A horse
(c) A mule
(d) A cow
15. Who does Anne work for in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Burke
(b) Mrs. Jenkins
(c) Mrs. Smith
(d) Mrs. Hunt
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
2. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
3. What is the name of Raymond's mother?
4. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
5. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)