|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sets fire to the house in Chapter 2?
2. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
(b) More animals
(c) Cotton seeds
(d) New school clothes
3. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
(a) A cigar
(b) A kerosene lamp
(c) A funny cigarette
(d) An electrical fault
4. What does Mama go to fetch in Florida?
(d) Grape fruit
5. How is Jennie Ann related to Essie?
(a) Her half sister
(b) Her niece
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her sister
6. What trend does Essie start at school?
(a) Wearing lipstick
(b) Wearing socks over her tights
(c) Wearing tight clothes
(d) Wearing holly in her hair
7. What are the chickens attached to as they go past?
8. What does Mrs Burke accuse Junior of in this chapter?
(a) Sleeping with a white girl
(d) Killing chickens
9. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
(a) Make up
(b) New school clothes
(c) A horse
(d) A television
10. What is the name of Mrs. Burke's son?
11. What does Anne have to pull out from the chickens?
(a) Their brains
(b) Their feet
(c) Their feathers
(d) Their guts
12. Where do Essie's parents work?
(a) The local hospital
(b) A chicken farm
(c) The fields
(d) A bomb factory
13. How are Ed's younger brothers different from the rest of the family?
(a) They are white.
(b) They are Asian.
(c) They are albinos.
(d) They are disabled.
14. Who house is set ablaze in this chapter?
(a) The Robinsons
(b) The Smiths
(c) The Taplins
(d) The Diamonds
15. What kind of creature often comes out of the swamp?
(a) A lizard
(b) A snake
(c) A toad
(d) A crocodile
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Essie learn was once in prison?
2. Who does Anne start working for again in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the Jenkins' youngest daughter?
4. What kind of factory does Anne work in in this chapter?
5. What city does Anne go to in this chapter?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)