|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rooms does the new house not have?
(a) A kitchen
(b) A bedroom
(c) A hallway
(d) A bathroom
2. What is the name of Raymond's sister?
3. What kind of job does Anne get in Baton Rouge in this chapter?
(a) A cleaner
(b) A make up artist
(c) A runner
(d) A dish washer
4. Who kills Emmet Till?
(a) A group of white men
(b) A group of Negroes
(c) A government official
(d) A sheriff
5. What does Essie love hearing at Centreville Church?
(a) The radio
(b) The local gossip
(c) The preacher
(d) The choir
6. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
(a) A funny cigarette
(b) An electrical fault
(c) A cigar
(d) A kerosene lamp
7. What is the name does Mama give her new baby boy?
8. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
(a) More animals
(b) New school clothes
(c) Cotton seeds
9. Where does Raymond head to find work?
(b) New York
10. What kind of factory does Anne work in in this chapter?
(a) A weapons factory
(b) A drinks factory
(c) A pie factory
(d) A chicken factory
11. Who do the blacks claim the fire was meant to scare?
(a) The white man next door
(b) The Ku Klux Clan
(c) The black community
(d) The sheriff
12. Where is Essie baptized?
(a) The sea
(b) A lake
(c) A pond
(d) A swimming pool
13. What kind of creature often comes out of the swamp?
(a) A crocodile
(b) A snake
(c) A toad
(d) A lizard
14. Why does Essie not want to work in the fields?
(a) She does not like getting dirty.
(b) She wants to play with her friends.
(c) She wants to read.
(d) She does not tolerate the heat.
15. Where does Anne find work in this chapter?
(a) The Jackson Chicken Farm
(b) Restaurant Civilized
(c) The Art Cafe
(d) Ourso's Department Store
Short Answer Questions
1. The boys say the pond is full of _______________.
2. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
3. With whom does the Guild try and catch the sheriff?
4. How does Essie impress the white children?
5. What does Essie pick at Mr. Wheeler's farm?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)