|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color frame does Essie's new house have?
2. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) Her father's absence
(b) The death of a friend
(c) A hole in her tights
(d) The song
3. What does Essie pick at Mr. Wheeler's farm?
(d) Crab apples
4. What kind of job does Anne get in Baton Rouge in this chapter?
(a) A dish washer
(b) A make up artist
(c) A runner
(d) A cleaner
5. Which of Anne's relatives also works in the restaurant?
(a) Grandma Winnie
6. What does Mrs Burke accuse Junior of in this chapter?
(a) Killing chickens
(d) Sleeping with a white girl
7. Who buys Essie a new dress in this chapter?
(c) Grandma Winnie
8. What does Mama go to fetch in Florida?
(a) Grape fruit
9. What is the name of Anne's teacher in this chapter?
(a) Miss Fredericks
(b) Miss Rice
(c) Miss Davis
(d) Miss Younis
10. Why does Mrs. Burke send Anne home in this chapter?
(a) She has no work for her.
(b) She breaks a vase.
(c) She is listening to her conversation.
(d) She is sick.
11. What kind of creature often comes out of the swamp?
(a) A crocodile
(b) A toad
(c) A lizard
(d) A snake
12. What does Anne have to pull out from the chickens?
(a) Their guts
(b) Their feathers
(c) Their feet
(d) Their brains
13. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
(a) New school clothes
(b) Make up
(c) A television
(d) A horse
14. What does Essie watch the white children doing?
(b) Playing ball
15. What does Miss RIce tell Anne about in this chapter?
(a) The treatment of blacks in the south
(b) Anne's homeland
(c) The birds and the bees
(d) The Civil Rights Movement
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new church the family attends?
2. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
3. What is Lily White's real name?
4. What are the chickens attached to as they go past?
5. What subject does Anne teach Wayne and his friends?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)