|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Ola allow Essie to sleep in?
(a) A cot
(b) A four-poster bed
(c) A bunk bed
(d) A double bed
2. What lesson does Anne take twice a week?
(a) Trumpet lessons
(b) German lessons
(c) Piano lessons
(d) French lessons
3. What is the name of the Jenkins' youngest daughter?
4. What trend does Essie start at school?
(a) Wearing tight clothes
(b) Wearing lipstick
(c) Wearing holly in her hair
(d) Wearing socks over her tights
5. Who house is set ablaze in this chapter?
(a) The Taplins
(b) The Robinsons
(c) The Smiths
(d) The Diamonds
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
2. Where does Anne find work in this chapter?
3. Why does Essie not want to work in the fields?
4. What do Raymond and Mama pray for to help the cotton grow?
5. What does Essie's father spend his free time doing?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)