|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
(a) Buys a new mule
(b) Throws a party
(c) Buys new school clothes
(d) Goes to a ball game
2. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
(a) A funny cigarette
(b) A kerosene lamp
(c) An electrical fault
(d) A cigar
3. What does Essie watch the white children doing?
(a) Playing ball
4. Why does Anne decide to work for Mrs Burke?
(a) She wants to buy new clothes.
(b) She is bored.
(c) The family needs money.
(d) She likes her.
5. How does Essie's father punish her in the opening chapter?
(a) He stops her from leaving the house.
(b) He stops her weekly allowance.
(c) He sends her to work.
(d) He beats her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
2. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
3. With whom does the Guild try and catch the sheriff?
4. Where is Essie baptized?
5. How does Essie impress the white children?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)