|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Essie impress the white children?
(a) She makes Indian noises.
(b) She performs hand stands.
(c) She knows sport statistics.
(d) She makes horse noises.
2. Which of the following rooms does the new house not have?
(a) A hallway
(b) A bedroom
(c) A bathroom
(d) A kitchen
3. Why does Mrs. Burke send Anne home in this chapter?
(a) She breaks a vase.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is listening to her conversation.
(d) She has no work for her.
4. Where does Raymond head to find work?
(d) New York
5. What lesson does Anne take twice a week?
(a) German lessons
(b) French lessons
(c) Piano lessons
(d) Trumpet lessons
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mama marry in this chapter?
2. How is Jennie Ann related to Essie?
3. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
4. With whom does the Guild try and catch the sheriff?
5. Who looks after Essie Mae and her sister while their parents are at work?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)