|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the Guild try and catch the sheriff?
(a) A black woman
(b) A black man
(c) A Civil Rights leader
(d) A Ku Klux Klan member
2. Where is Essie baptized?
(a) The sea
(b) A pond
(c) A lake
(d) A swimming pool
3. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
(a) They are the only black family.
(b) They are the only family with an education.
(c) They are the largest family.
(d) They have a new toilet.
4. Who does Essie learn was once in prison?
(c) The preacher
5. Why does Mrs. Burke send Anne home in this chapter?
(a) She is listening to her conversation.
(b) She breaks a vase.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She has no work for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Essie Mae spend most of her time hiding at school?
2. What does Mrs Burke accuse Junior of in this chapter?
3. What does Miss RIce tell Anne about in this chapter?
4. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
5. What does Anne have enough money to buy when she arrives home?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)