|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne decide to work for Mrs Burke?
(a) She wants to buy new clothes.
(b) The family needs money.
(c) She likes her.
(d) She is bored.
2. Whose house does Essie go to to pick up a letter?
(a) Mrs Burke's
(d) Mrs. Jenkins'
3. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) Her father's absence
(b) The song
(c) A hole in her tights
(d) The death of a friend
4. What trend does Essie start at school?
(a) Wearing socks over her tights
(b) Wearing lipstick
(c) Wearing tight clothes
(d) Wearing holly in her hair
5. What is the name of the new church the family attends?
(a) Centreville Baptist
(b) Mount Pleasant Church
(c) Saints and Sinners
(d) Bow Down Church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne begin working for at the end of this chapter?
2. Who does Raymond bring to live with them?
3. How does Essie's father punish her in the opening chapter?
4. What do the whites claim started the fire at the Taplins' house?
5. What sports team does Anne join?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)