|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne decide to work for Mrs Burke?
(a) The family needs money.
(b) She wants to buy new clothes.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She likes her.
2. Who looks after Essie Mae and her sister while their parents are at work?
(a) Abraham Fredericks
(b) George Lucas
(c) George Lee
(d) Joe Rogers
3. Where is Essie baptized?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) A pond
(c) A lake
(d) The sea
4. How does Essie's father punish her in the opening chapter?
(a) He stops her from leaving the house.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He sends her to work.
(d) He stops her weekly allowance.
5. With whom does the Guild try and catch the sheriff?
(a) A Ku Klux Klan member
(b) A black man
(c) A black woman
(d) A Civil Rights leader
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
2. What is the name of Anne's teacher in this chapter?
3. Who house is set ablaze in this chapter?
4. Who does Anne begin to work for in this chapter?
5. The boys say the pond is full of _______________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)