|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trend does Essie start at school?
(a) Wearing socks over her tights
(b) Wearing lipstick
(c) Wearing holly in her hair
(d) Wearing tight clothes
2. Who kills Emmet Till?
(a) A sheriff
(b) A group of Negroes
(c) A group of white men
(d) A government official
3. What kind of animal does Raymond buy?
(a) A cow
(b) A mule
(c) A horse
(d) A goat
4. Why does Anne decide to work for Mrs Burke?
(a) She is bored.
(b) The family needs money.
(c) She wants to buy new clothes.
(d) She likes her.
5. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) The death of a friend
(b) Her father's absence
(c) A hole in her tights
(d) The song
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
2. For what does Miss Claiborne give Essie $12?
3. What is the name of the Jenkins' youngest daughter?
4. Who does Essie learn was once in prison?
5. Who beats up Jerry?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)