|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss RIce tell Anne about in this chapter?
(a) The Civil Rights Movement
(b) The birds and the bees
(c) Anne's homeland
(d) The treatment of blacks in the south
2. Who buys Essie a new dress in this chapter?
(d) Grandma Winnie
3. What is the name of Raymond's sister?
4. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) The song
(b) The death of a friend
(c) Her father's absence
(d) A hole in her tights
5. Who house is set ablaze in this chapter?
(a) The Robinsons
(b) The Taplins
(c) The Diamonds
(d) The Smiths
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anne's school friends call her?
2. Who do the blacks claim the fire was meant to scare?
3. How does Essie's father punish her in the opening chapter?
4. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
5. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)