|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) The death of a friend
(b) Her father's absence
(c) A hole in her tights
(d) The song
2. Why does Essie stop working for Mrs Jenkins in this chapter?
(a) Anne is fired.
(b) Mrs. Jenkins passes away.
(c) Mrs. Jenkins moves away.
(d) Mrs. Jenkins has no money to pay her.
3. Who beats up Jerry?
(c) The sheriff
(d) The Ku Klux Klan
4. What is Jerry accused of doing?
(a) Exposing himself
(b) Making obscene phone calls
(c) Sleeping with white women
(d) Drinking in a whiteman's bar
5. What does Essie love hearing at Centreville Church?
(a) The radio
(b) The preacher
(c) The choir
(d) The local gossip
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Burke send Anne home in this chapter?
2. What church does the family return to in this chapter?
3. For what does Miss Claiborne give Essie $12?
4. Why does Essie not want to work in the fields?
5. How are Ed's younger brothers different from the rest of the family?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)