|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Essie think her family holds a position of honor in their new neighborhood?
(a) They are the only black family.
(b) They are the largest family.
(c) They have a new toilet.
(d) They are the only family with an education.
2. Who looks after Essie Mae and her sister while their parents are at work?
(a) Abraham Fredericks
(b) Joe Rogers
(c) George Lee
(d) George Lucas
3. The boys say the pond is full of _______________.
(a) Cow dung
4. What is the name of Raymond's mother?
(a) Miss Jackson
(b) Miss Louise
(c) Miss Pearl
(d) Miss Thompson
5. Where do Essie's parents work?
(a) A chicken farm
(b) The local hospital
(c) The fields
(d) A bomb factory
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Essie love hearing at Centreville Church?
2. Where should blacks go in the movie theater?
3. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
4. What does the family not have enough money to buy?
5. What is the name of the Jenkins' youngest daughter?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)