|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the Guild try and catch the sheriff?
(a) A black woman
(b) A black man
(c) A Civil Rights leader
(d) A Ku Klux Klan member
2. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) Her father's absence
(b) The song
(c) A hole in her tights
(d) The death of a friend
3. What does the crowd sing at the parade?
(a) Goodnight Irene
(b) Where Did You Sleep?
(c) Morning Has Broken
(d) Swanee River
4. What is the name of Linda Jean's mother?
(a) Mrs Frankel
(b) Mrs. Burke
(c) Miss Davis
(d) Miss Daisy
5. Where is Essie baptized?
(a) A lake
(b) The sea
(c) A pond
(d) A swimming pool
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Essie's father spend his free time doing?
2. What is the name of Raymond's sister?
3. What color frame does Essie's new house have?
4. Why does Essie not want to work in the fields?
5. What does the family do with the money it earns picking pecans?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)