|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne work for in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Jenkins
(b) Mrs. Smith
(c) Mrs. Hunt
(d) Mrs. Burke
2. Whose house does Essie go to to pick up a letter?
(a) Mrs Burke's
(b) Mrs. Jenkins'
3. What kind of business do the Chinns own?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A bordello
(c) A bar
(d) A cafe
4. What does Essie get chosen to be in this chapter?
(a) Head girl
(b) Homecoming Queen
(c) School monitor
(d) Captain of the basketball team
5. What makes Essie sad in this chapter?
(a) The death of a friend
(b) A hole in her tights
(c) The song
(d) Her father's absence
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne describe the Negroes' attitude towards voting?
2. In what city does CORE open up an office?
3. What kind of job does Anne get in Baton Rouge in this chapter?
4. How does Anne encourage blacks to vote?
5. What trend does Essie start at school?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)