|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bellocq realizes he has tempted Buddy to "the edge of _______."
(a) The social world.
(c) The universe.
2. In the photo, Buddy is the only one not looking _____.
3. What does Nora throw at Buddy and Pickett?
(a) Coke bottles.
4. Where does Buddy play "Cakewalking Babies"?
(a) On Robin's back.
(b) At his wedding.
(c) On his leg.
(d) In the bar.
5. Mumford observes that, before his disappearance, Buddy's musical ability was _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buddy take care of his hands?
2. How does Bellocq feel about Buddy's music?
3. The brawl between Pickett and Buddy escalates when Pickett accidentally slices off Buddy's ______.
4. Why does Buddy consult Cornish about Nora's romantic life?
5. What does Bellocq order Webb to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What analogy does Buddy use to describe Webb's intervention?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Buddy act crazy?
3. What is the image of scrambling over barbed wire meant to portray?
4. What is Buddy's relationship with Bellocq like?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, is a new crisis inevitable? Why?
6. How did the fight between Buddy and Pickett start?
7. How does Buddy feel about coming back home?
8. What was unfortunate for Pickett in his fight with Buddy?
9. In his description of the fight with Pickett, how does Buddy interrupt himself?
10. Does Buddy have good self-esteem? How?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)