|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bellocq try to get Webb to leave?
(a) He claims it's a busy night.
(b) He threatens him.
(c) He sets a fire.
(d) He begins acting crazy.
2. What doesn't Buddy feel from Nora after the brawl?
3. At the diner party, after the food fight with Robin, Buddy describes his retreat as what?
4. What does Bellocq think Buddy does?
(a) Doesn't try enough.
(b) Plays games.
(c) Hides his true self.
(d) Manipulates people.
5. Where does Buddy play "Cakewalking Babies"?
(a) On his leg.
(b) In the bar.
(c) At his wedding.
(d) On Robin's back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Buddy disappeared, what happened to his band?
2. In Chapter 2, Buddy loses his nerve when?
3. Buddy maimed Pickett while avoiding what?
4. Why does Bellocq burn down his house?
5. Why does Buddy have the cleanest skin in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Buddy act crazy?
2. Is Dude Botley superstitious about hymns? How?
3. Is Bellocq unstable?
4. What happens to Buddy's view of the women in his life at the end of Chapter 2? Why does this happen?
5. How does Buddy feel about coming back home?
6. What was unfortunate for Pickett in his fight with Buddy?
7. How did the fight between Buddy and Pickett start?
8. While photographing prostitutes, how involved is Bellocq in his work?
9. At the end of Chapter 2, is a new crisis inevitable? Why?
10. Is Buddy helpless? How?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)