|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Buddy on a boat?
(a) He's running from the police.
(b) He's in love with a woman.
(c) He's fishing.
(d) He's been kidnapped.
2. Buddy is obsessed with _____.
3. After being interviewed, where do the Brewitts go?
(a) To Buddy's house.
(b) They too disappear.
(c) To jail.
(d) To the French Quarter.
4. Who or what killed Nora's mother?
(a) A boa.
(b) Nora's father.
(c) A stranger.
5. When Webb and Buddy lived together, what did Webb collect?
(a) Hanging magnets.
(c) Stray dogs.
(d) Bottle caps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
2. When a band member was looking for Buddy, where was he hiding?
3. What does Buddy appreciate about restaurant vents?
4. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
5. Crawley is a ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Buddy's hands in Chapter 1?
2. Does Buddy know or care about how his actions affect people?
3. Who does Buddy care about more: Nora or Robin?
4. Why does Ondaatje use the historical references of Bricktop Jackson, "One-Legged Duffy," Rich, Olivia the Oyster Dancer, and French Emma?
5. What kind of performer is Buddy?
6. Why does Buddy return to the Brewitts at the end of Chapter 1?
7. How did Buddy become obsessed with death?
8. What is Buddy's relationship with Nora like?
9. What do Buddy and Webb have in common? In what ways do they approach life similarly?
10. Is Buddy crazy?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)