|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Buddy and Nora drive Nora's mother to the police station?
(a) Buddy is arrested.
(b) There's a flash flood.
(c) Her mother comes back to life.
(d) Their car is stolen.
2. What does Buddy appreciate about restaurant vents?
(a) The heat and smell.
(b) The brilliance.
(c) The beauty.
(d) The noise.
3. Webb is a ______, shaking, lecherous police detective.
4. In one nightmare, what happens to Buddy's hand?
(a) It talks to him.
(b) It changes color.
(c) It's stolen.
(d) He tries to cut it off.
5. After being interviewed, where do the Brewitts go?
(a) To jail.
(b) To Buddy's house.
(c) To the French Quarter.
(d) They too disappear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Crawley is on a _____ fast.
2. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Webb was ____.
3. What is the only thing about Buddy's whereabouts that confuses Nora?
4. What is Buddy's plan at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Buddy and Webb's dynamic change?
2. Is Buddy predictable? How so?
3. What is the effect of Ondaatje's sentence structures?
4. What about Buddy's disappearance is confusing for Nora?
5. How did Buddy become obsessed with death?
6. Why does Buddy return to the Brewitts at the end of Chapter 1?
7. How do Buddy and Webb approach life differently?
8. What is thematically significant about Crawley's interview?
9. Why do smart customers come to Buddy early?
10. What do Buddy and Webb have in common? In what ways do they approach life similarly?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)