|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buddy like giving people bizarre advice?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) To cause chaos.
(c) To trick people.
(d) To see their reactions.
2. What does Buddy appreciate about restaurant vents?
(a) The brilliance.
(b) The noise.
(c) The heat and smell.
(d) The beauty.
3. Why do smart customers come to the barbershop early?
(a) To avoid the lunch rush.
(b) To avoid Buddy being drunk.
(c) To beat the heat.
(d) To get good seats.
4. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
(a) 4 PM.
(c) 8 AM.
5. After Buddy and Jaelin perform, where do they go?
(b) On a day cruiser.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Buddy and Webb have most in common when they were young?
2. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
3. After being interviewed, where do the Brewitts go?
4. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
5. Buddy is obsessed with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Buddy know or care about how his actions affect people?
2. What is the effect of Ondaatje's sentence structures?
3. What is the significance of Buddy's hands in Chapter 1?
4. Why did Buddy and Webb's dynamic change?
5. What do Buddy and Webb have in common? In what ways do they approach life similarly?
6. Why does Buddy return to the Brewitts at the end of Chapter 1?
7. How did Buddy become obsessed with death?
8. What does Buddy's world look like?
9. Why do smart customers come to Buddy early?
10. How do Buddy and Webb approach life differently?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)