|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Webb finally come to see Buddy play?
(a) While investigating a murder.
(b) During Buddy's wedding.
(c) While on vacation.
(d) After his mother died.
2. What does Lewis observe Buddy puts into his numbers?
(a) His life story.
(b) Chaos and confusion.
(c) His madness.
(d) Pain and gentleness.
3. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
(a) It's passed around.
(b) It's forbidden.
(c) It's kept secret.
(d) It's used for show.
4. Jaelin is a ______.
5. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
(a) Buddy owes him money.
(b) Because there's no other barber in town.
(c) Buddy might hurt himself.
(d) Buddy can't survive on his own.
6. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
(a) A factory.
(b) A barber shop.
(c) A fun fair.
(d) A bar.
7. What is the only thing about Buddy's whereabouts that confuses Nora?
(a) The beach.
(b) The Brewitts.
(c) A bar.
(d) The boat.
8. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
(c) International news.
9. Buddy moved on to become _______.
(a) A salesman.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A politician.
(d) A barber's apprentice.
10. At the end of Chapter 1, Buddy watches a woman chop _____.
11. What does Buddy appreciate about restaurant vents?
(a) The heat and smell.
(b) The noise.
(c) The brilliance.
(d) The beauty.
12. At the end of Buddy's day what does he do?
(a) Plays with his kids.
(b) Goes to the bar.
(d) Plays music.
13. What does Buddy ask the Brewitts to do with his coat?
(a) Wash it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Hang it up.
14. Where is Buddy on a boat?
(c) The Gulf of Mexico.
(d) Shell Beach.
15. Why is Buddy on a boat?
(a) He's been kidnapped.
(b) He's fishing.
(c) He's in love with a woman.
(d) He's running from the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nora's mother is a ______.
2. Buddy and Jaelin are billed together for what?
3. When does Buddy step out of the marching band?
4. When Webb and Buddy lived together, what did Webb collect?
5. Before going to the Brewitts, what does Buddy do for two days?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)