|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing about Buddy's whereabouts that confuses Nora?
(a) The beach.
(b) The boat.
(c) The Brewitts.
(d) A bar.
2. What does Lewis observe Buddy puts into his numbers?
(a) His madness.
(b) His life story.
(c) Chaos and confusion.
(d) Pain and gentleness.
3. Buddy moved on to become _______.
(a) A salesman.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A politician.
(d) A barber's apprentice.
4. Buddy is with Nora until ____ PM.
5. What does Frank Lewis feel about Buddy's music?
(a) He's critical.
(b) He's jealous.
(c) He's indifferent.
(d) He's in awe.
6. Buddy remembers the first morning on the boat and seeing Robin half naked fetching _____.
(a) The paper.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) A ball.
7. After Buddy and Jaelin perform, where do they go?
(a) To a bar.
(b) On a day cruiser.
(d) To New York.
8. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
(a) It's forbidden.
(b) It's kept secret.
(c) It's used for show.
(d) It's passed around.
9. What does Buddy do with his last dollar?
(a) Buys candy.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Gives it away.
10. Buddy is good at his job because he is good at ________.
11. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Buddy was ____.
12. What is Buddy's plan at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) To live with the Brewitts.
(b) To come back to Nora.
(c) To record an album.
(d) To quit his job.
13. Crawley is a ______.
14. Who does Buddy have reoccurring nightmares about?
(a) His parents.
(b) Nora's mother.
(c) His children.
15. Buddy used to build up strength where?
(a) His arms and legs.
(b) His hands.
(c) His chest.
(d) His lips and lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buddy and Jaelin are billed together for what?
2. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
3. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
4. At times, how does Buddy act toward Nora?
5. What do the Brewitts do with Buddy when he arrives?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)