|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______"Buddy" Bolden is the protagonist of "Coming Through Slaughter."
2. Where will most of the clues to Buddy's whereabouts come from?
(a) Bars around town.
(b) Webb's memory.
(c) Buddy journal.
(d) Nora's observations.
3. Crawley is on a _____ fast.
4. After Buddy and Jaelin perform, where do they go?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To New York.
(d) On a day cruiser.
5. Who does Buddy have reoccurring nightmares about?
(b) His children.
(c) His parents.
(d) Nora's mother.
6. What happens when Buddy and Nora drive Nora's mother to the police station?
(a) There's a flash flood.
(b) Their car is stolen.
(c) Buddy is arrested.
(d) Her mother comes back to life.
7. Where is Buddy on a boat?
(b) Shell Beach.
(d) The Gulf of Mexico.
8. Why does Buddy like giving people bizarre advice?
(a) To cause chaos.
(b) To trick people.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To see their reactions.
9. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
(b) 4 PM.
(c) 8 AM.
10. What did Buddy and Webb have most in common when they were young?
(a) The feeling of independence.
(b) A general bad attitude.
(c) Good looks.
(d) A love for learning.
11. What do the Brewitts do with Buddy when he arrives?
(a) Kick him out.
(b) Entertain him.
(c) Scold him.
(d) Take him in.
12. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
(a) Because there's no other barber in town.
(b) Buddy can't survive on his own.
(c) Buddy owes him money.
(d) Buddy might hurt himself.
13. When Webb and Buddy lived together, what did Webb collect?
(a) Bottle caps.
(b) Stray dogs.
(c) Hanging magnets.
14. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
(a) He went home.
(b) He's on the boat.
(c) He has gone away.
(d) She'd never met him.
15. At the end of Chapter 1, Buddy watches a woman chop _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buddy cuts hair until ____ PM.
2. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
3. When does Buddy step out of the marching band?
4. When Nora's mother visits, how does she die?
5. Buddy feels like he can _____ Nora.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)