|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, Buddy watches a woman chop _____.
2. Webb went to train for ______.
(a) The army.
(b) Construction work.
(c) The police force.
(d) Nursing school.
3. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
(b) 4 PM.
(d) 8 AM.
4. After Buddy and Jaelin perform, where do they go?
(a) On a day cruiser.
(b) To New York.
(c) To a bar.
5. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
(a) A bar.
(b) A fun fair.
(c) A factory.
(d) A barber shop.
6. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
(a) She'd never met him.
(b) He has gone away.
(c) He's on the boat.
(d) He went home.
7. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
(a) It's forbidden.
(b) It's passed around.
(c) It's used for show.
(d) It's kept secret.
8. Why is Buddy on a boat?
(a) He's been kidnapped.
(b) He's running from the police.
(c) He's in love with a woman.
(d) He's fishing.
9. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
10. How does Webb find Buddy's music?
(a) Too generic.
(b) Very beautiful.
(c) Too coarse.
(d) Too confusing.
11. Before going to the Brewitts, what does Buddy do for two days?
(a) Bums around.
(b) Visits Nora.
(c) Spys on his kids.
(d) Plays music.
12. Crawley is a ______.
13. Buddy feels like he can _____ Nora.
(a) Cheat on.
14. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Webb was ____.
15. Why does Webb agree to look for Buddy?
(a) Because he's in love with Nora.
(b) Because they're friends.
(c) Because he owes Buddy.
(d) Because it's his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddy ask the Brewitts to do with his coat?
2. When Webb and Buddy lived together, what did Webb collect?
3. When does Nora report Buddy missing?
4. Why do smart customers come to the barbershop early?
5. What is Buddy's plan at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)