|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buddy cuts hair until ____ PM.
2. Buddy walks his kids to school by ____ AM.
3. When does Nora report Buddy missing?
(a) Twentyfour hours later.
(b) That same afternoon.
(c) About 6 months later.
(d) The next day.
4. After being interviewed, where do the Brewitts go?
(a) To jail.
(b) They too disappear.
(c) To Buddy's house.
(d) To the French Quarter.
5. Webb went to train for ______.
(a) Construction work.
(b) Nursing school.
(c) The police force.
(d) The army.
6. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
(a) He went home.
(b) He's on the boat.
(c) He has gone away.
(d) She'd never met him.
7. Buddy is obsessed with _____.
8. Lewis admires Buddy's ______.
9. Why do smart customers come to the barbershop early?
(a) To avoid Buddy being drunk.
(b) To avoid the lunch rush.
(c) To beat the heat.
(d) To get good seats.
10. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
(a) 4 PM.
(b) 8 AM.
11. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
(a) Buddy owes him money.
(b) Because there's no other barber in town.
(c) Buddy might hurt himself.
(d) Buddy can't survive on his own.
12. When a band member was looking for Buddy, where was he hiding?
(a) Under a table.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the station.
(d) In a cab.
13. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
(a) It's forbidden.
(b) It's passed around.
(c) It's kept secret.
(d) It's used for show.
14. When Nora's mother visits, how does she die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) In a fire.
(c) She falls.
(d) She is strangled.
15. Buddy used to build up strength where?
(a) His chest.
(b) His hands.
(c) His lips and lungs.
(d) His arms and legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buddy moved on to become _______.
2. What is the only thing about Buddy's whereabouts that confuses Nora?
3. ______"Buddy" Bolden is the protagonist of "Coming Through Slaughter."
4. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Webb was ____.
5. In one nightmare, what happens to Buddy's hand?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)