|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
(c) International news.
2. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
(a) A barber shop.
(b) A fun fair.
(c) A bar.
(d) A factory.
3. What do the Brewitts do with Buddy when he arrives?
(a) Entertain him.
(b) Kick him out.
(c) Take him in.
(d) Scold him.
4. When Nora's mother visits, how does she die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) In a fire.
(c) She falls.
(d) She is strangled.
5. What does Buddy do with his last dollar?
(a) Gives it away.
(b) Buys candy.
(c) Burns it.
6. After being interviewed, where do the Brewitts go?
(a) To the French Quarter.
(b) They too disappear.
(c) To jail.
(d) To Buddy's house.
7. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Webb was ____.
8. At the end of Buddy's day what does he do?
(a) Plays music.
(b) Goes to the bar.
(c) Plays with his kids.
9. Buddy remembers the first morning on the boat and seeing Robin half naked fetching _____.
(a) The paper.
(b) A ball.
(c) Orange juice.
10. How does Webb find Buddy's music?
(a) Too coarse.
(b) Too confusing.
(c) Very beautiful.
(d) Too generic.
11. Crawley is on a _____ fast.
12. When a band member was looking for Buddy, where was he hiding?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Under a table.
(c) In the station.
(d) In a cab.
13. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
14. What is Buddy's plan at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) To quit his job.
(b) To live with the Brewitts.
(c) To record an album.
(d) To come back to Nora.
15. Where is Buddy on a boat?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Shell Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buddy never want to see?
2. What did Buddy and Webb have most in common when they were young?
3. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Buddy was ____.
4. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
5. Buddy used to build up strength where?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)