|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buddy is good at his job because he is good at ________.
2. Where is Buddy on a boat?
(a) Shell Beach.
(b) The Gulf of Mexico.
3. Why do smart customers come to the barbershop early?
(a) To avoid Buddy being drunk.
(b) To get good seats.
(c) To beat the heat.
(d) To avoid the lunch rush.
4. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, Buddy watches a woman chop _____.
6. Buddy is with Nora until ____ PM.
7. What does Lewis observe Buddy puts into his numbers?
(a) Pain and gentleness.
(b) His life story.
(c) Chaos and confusion.
(d) His madness.
8. When does Webb finally come to see Buddy play?
(a) After his mother died.
(b) During Buddy's wedding.
(c) While investigating a murder.
(d) While on vacation.
9. Who does Buddy never want to see?
(a) The Brewitts.
(c) People from his past.
(d) His parents.
10. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
(a) Because there's no other barber in town.
(b) Buddy owes him money.
(c) Buddy can't survive on his own.
(d) Buddy might hurt himself.
11. What does Buddy do with his last dollar?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Gives it away.
(c) Buys candy.
12. Webb is a ______, shaking, lecherous police detective.
13. Who does Buddy have reoccurring nightmares about?
(b) Nora's mother.
(c) His parents.
(d) His children.
14. How does Webb find Buddy's music?
(a) Too generic.
(b) Too coarse.
(c) Very beautiful.
(d) Too confusing.
15. At the end of Buddy's day what does he do?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Plays with his kids.
(d) Plays music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buddy moved on to become _______.
2. At times, how does Buddy act toward Nora?
3. What does Buddy appreciate about restaurant vents?
4. ______"Buddy" Bolden is the protagonist of "Coming Through Slaughter."
5. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)