|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, Buddy watches a woman chop _____.
2. Jaelin is a ______.
3. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
(a) She'd never met him.
(b) He went home.
(c) He has gone away.
(d) He's on the boat.
4. Crawley is a ______.
5. Buddy is good at his job because he is good at ________.
6. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
(b) International news.
7. What does Buddy ask the Brewitts to do with his coat?
(a) Hang it up.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Burn it.
8. Why does Buddy like giving people bizarre advice?
(a) To trick people.
(b) To see their reactions.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To cause chaos.
9. After Buddy and Jaelin perform, where do they go?
(a) To New York.
(b) On a day cruiser.
(c) To a bar.
10. When Nora's mother visits, how does she die?
(a) In a fire.
(b) She is strangled.
(c) She falls.
(d) She drowns.
11. Buddy is with Nora until ____ PM.
12. Before going to the Brewitts, what does Buddy do for two days?
(a) Visits Nora.
(b) Bums around.
(c) Spys on his kids.
(d) Plays music.
13. Why is Buddy on a boat?
(a) He's fishing.
(b) He's in love with a woman.
(c) He's been kidnapped.
(d) He's running from the police.
14. What does Frank Lewis feel about Buddy's music?
(a) He's indifferent.
(b) He's critical.
(c) He's in awe.
(d) He's jealous.
15. When does Buddy step out of the marching band?
(a) Every 300 yards.
(b) Every verse.
(c) At the end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddy appreciate about restaurant vents?
2. Webb went to train for ______.
3. In one nightmare, what happens to Buddy's hand?
4. Where will most of the clues to Buddy's whereabouts come from?
5. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Webb was ____.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)