|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Buddy have reoccurring nightmares about?
(a) His children.
(b) His parents.
(c) Nora's mother.
2. Where does Robin tell Webb Buddy is?
(a) She'd never met him.
(b) He has gone away.
(c) He's on the boat.
(d) He went home.
3. What is Buddy's plan at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) To quit his job.
(b) To record an album.
(c) To live with the Brewitts.
(d) To come back to Nora.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, Buddy watches a woman chop _____.
5. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
(c) International news.
6. How does Webb find Buddy's music?
(a) Too confusing.
(b) Very beautiful.
(c) Too generic.
(d) Too coarse.
7. What does Buddy do with his last dollar?
(a) Gives it away.
(c) Buys candy.
(d) Burns it.
8. What did Buddy and Webb have most in common when they were young?
(a) Good looks.
(b) A love for learning.
(c) A general bad attitude.
(d) The feeling of independence.
9. At times, how does Buddy act toward Nora?
(a) He showers her with gifts.
(b) He becomes depressed.
(c) He breaks into a fury.
(d) He ignores her.
10. Jaelin is a ______.
11. In one nightmare, what happens to Buddy's hand?
(a) It talks to him.
(b) It changes color.
(c) He tries to cut it off.
(d) It's stolen.
12. Webb is a ______, shaking, lecherous police detective.
13. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
(a) A bar.
(b) A barber shop.
(c) A factory.
(d) A fun fair.
14. Buddy and Jaelin are billed together for what?
(a) A cross-country tour.
(b) A three-night concert.
(c) An open-mic night.
(d) A permanent bar show.
15. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
(c) 4 PM.
(d) 8 AM.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Buddy and Jaelin perform, where do they go?
2. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Webb was ____.
3. Who does Buddy never want to see?
4. What does Buddy appreciate about restaurant vents?
5. Why does Buddy like giving people bizarre advice?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)