|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Webb finally come to see Buddy play?
(a) During Buddy's wedding.
(b) While on vacation.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) While investigating a murder.
2. Buddy feels like he can _____ Nora.
(c) Cheat on.
3. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
(a) Buddy might hurt himself.
(b) Buddy owes him money.
(c) Buddy can't survive on his own.
(d) Because there's no other barber in town.
4. When a band member was looking for Buddy, where was he hiding?
(a) In a cab.
(b) In the station.
(c) Under a table.
(d) In the bathroom.
5. What does Buddy do with his last dollar?
(a) Gives it away.
(b) Buys candy.
(c) Burns it.
6. Why does Webb agree to look for Buddy?
(a) Because they're friends.
(b) Because it's his job.
(c) Because he owes Buddy.
(d) Because he's in love with Nora.
7. Buddy is obsessed with _____.
8. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
9. Buddy is good at his job because he is good at ________.
10. How does Webb find Buddy's music?
(a) Too coarse.
(b) Too generic.
(c) Too confusing.
(d) Very beautiful.
11. Buddy walks his kids to school by ____ AM.
12. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
(a) It's passed around.
(b) It's kept secret.
(c) It's used for show.
(d) It's forbidden.
13. At the end of Buddy's day what does he do?
(b) Plays with his kids.
(c) Plays music.
(d) Goes to the bar.
14. After being interviewed, where do the Brewitts go?
(a) To the French Quarter.
(b) To Buddy's house.
(c) They too disappear.
(d) To jail.
15. Who or what killed Nora's mother?
(a) A stranger.
(b) Nora's father.
(d) A boa.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times, how does Buddy act toward Nora?
2. ______"Buddy" Bolden is the protagonist of "Coming Through Slaughter."
3. What did Buddy and Webb have most in common when they were young?
4. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
5. Lewis admires Buddy's ______.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)