|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Webb finally come to see Buddy play?
(a) During Buddy's wedding.
(b) While investigating a murder.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) While on vacation.
2. Buddy is good at his job because he is good at ________.
3. Before going to the Brewitts, what does Buddy do for two days?
(a) Spys on his kids.
(b) Visits Nora.
(c) Plays music.
(d) Bums around.
4. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
(a) It's used for show.
(b) It's passed around.
(c) It's forbidden.
(d) It's kept secret.
5. Buddy remembers the first morning on the boat and seeing Robin half naked fetching _____.
(a) The paper.
(b) Orange juice.
(d) A ball.
6. Buddy is with Nora until ____ PM.
7. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
(a) Buddy can't survive on his own.
(b) Buddy owes him money.
(c) Because there's no other barber in town.
(d) Buddy might hurt himself.
8. Buddy cuts hair until ____ PM.
9. What does Buddy ask the Brewitts to do with his coat?
(a) Hang it up.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Return it.
10. Crawley is on a _____ fast.
11. Buddy moved on to become _______.
(a) A waiter.
(b) A politician.
(c) A barber's apprentice.
(d) A salesman.
12. Webb went to train for ______.
(a) The army.
(b) The police force.
(c) Nursing school.
(d) Construction work.
13. Lewis admires Buddy's ______.
14. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
15. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
(a) International news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
2. Crawley is a ______.
3. Where will most of the clues to Buddy's whereabouts come from?
4. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Buddy was ____.
5. What is the only thing about Buddy's whereabouts that confuses Nora?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)