|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Brewitts do with Buddy when he arrives?
(a) Entertain him.
(b) Scold him.
(c) Take him in.
(d) Kick him out.
2. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
(a) A fun fair.
(b) A factory.
(c) A barber shop.
(d) A bar.
3. Buddy used to build up strength where?
(a) His lips and lungs.
(b) His chest.
(c) His hands.
(d) His arms and legs.
4. After Buddy and Jaelin perform, where do they go?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To New York.
(c) On a day cruiser.
5. Why do smart customers come to the barbershop early?
(a) To avoid the lunch rush.
(b) To get good seats.
(c) To avoid Buddy being drunk.
(d) To beat the heat.
6. Buddy walks his kids to school by ____ AM.
7. Crawley is on a _____ fast.
8. ______"Buddy" Bolden is the protagonist of "Coming Through Slaughter."
9. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
10. When Nora's mother visits, how does she die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) In a fire.
(c) She falls.
(d) She is strangled.
11. Who does Buddy have reoccurring nightmares about?
(a) His parents.
(b) His children.
(d) Nora's mother.
12. Buddy is obsessed with _____.
13. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
(d) International news.
14. Webb went to train for ______.
(a) Nursing school.
(b) Construction work.
(c) The police force.
(d) The army.
15. Buddy and Jaelin are billed together for what?
(a) A permanent bar show.
(b) An open-mic night.
(c) A three-night concert.
(d) A cross-country tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nora report Buddy missing?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, Buddy watches a woman chop _____.
3. What is the only thing about Buddy's whereabouts that confuses Nora?
4. Buddy is good at his job because he is good at ________.
5. At the end of Buddy's day what does he do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)