|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
2. At the end of Buddy's day what does he do?
(a) Plays music.
(b) Goes to the bar.
(c) Plays with his kids.
3. When Webb and Buddy were first friends, Buddy was ____.
4. What does Lewis observe Buddy puts into his numbers?
(a) His life story.
(b) His madness.
(c) Pain and gentleness.
(d) Chaos and confusion.
5. Buddy is good at his job because he is good at ________.
6. Buddy feels like he can _____ Nora.
(a) Cheat on.
7. Who does Buddy never want to see?
(b) His parents.
(c) People from his past.
(d) The Brewitts.
8. What does Frank Lewis feel about Buddy's music?
(a) He's critical.
(b) He's indifferent.
(c) He's jealous.
(d) He's in awe.
9. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
(a) 4 PM.
(c) 8 AM.
10. When does Buddy step out of the marching band?
(b) At the end.
(c) Every 300 yards.
(d) Every verse.
11. When does Webb finally come to see Buddy play?
(a) While investigating a murder.
(b) During Buddy's wedding.
(c) While on vacation.
(d) After his mother died.
12. Buddy is obsessed with _____.
13. What does Buddy ask the Brewitts to do with his coat?
(a) Hang it up.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Wash it.
14. What is Webb's primary concern about Buddy being missing?
(a) Because there's no other barber in town.
(b) Buddy owes him money.
(c) Buddy might hurt himself.
(d) Buddy can't survive on his own.
15. Nora's mother is a ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Buddy and Webb work when they were young?
2. Lewis admires Buddy's ______.
3. Why does Webb agree to look for Buddy?
4. Before going to the Brewitts, what does Buddy do for two days?
5. When Nora's mother visits, how does she die?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)